IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Peterborough United Match Day Thread

My company has a main office in Peterborough and I have need to visit it on a regular basis and despite that I am still not sure where it is! Local people don't appear to be too clear on where it is either. It's not far enough south to be outer London, not far enough North or West to be incorporated into East Midlands, not far enough East to be East Anglia and apparently not all of it is in Cambridgeshire, somewhere off the A1 seems to be the best anyone can come up with . I basically drive sort of North and East until appears, Brigadoon like, out of the mist. Once I get there I wonder how quickly I can leave again.

3-1 City..........

They've won as many away games on the road as they have at home. That said, most of those wins have come against teams in the bottom half. Talking of tricky run-ins Peterborough still have to travel to all of the current top 6 teams.

They'll come and have a go I'd have thought, they've nothing to lose really. Could be a troubling evening for City unless we get back to something close to our best form.

Posh fans forum now think we are push overs because we lost 1 game. Time to get back to winning ways and strike the fear back into the teams in this league.

Don't say a word in the dressing room Cotts.

Just print the above post onto individual cards and silently hand one to each member of the squad before walking out with a face like thunder yelling ....' Come On You Reds..Go Get 'em Boys! '

They've won as many away games on the road as they have at home. That said, most of those wins have come against teams in the bottom half. Talking of tricky run-ins Peterborough still have to travel to all of the current top 6 teams.

They'll come and have a go I'd have thought, they've nothing to lose really. Could be a troubling evening for City unless we get back to something close to our best form.

Interesting.

Could be a tricky evening, that's why I'd play the strongest possible team, but maybe dropping Elliott for Saville or Pack, the later had a great game against them earlier this season and the former could really do with some minutes, I think this could be Savilles kind of a game, he's a battler who uses the ball intelligently and I don't think we've seen anywhere near his best, I'd like to see him get a game, especially if that little Turkish chap is playing, he looked good. Is he still there even???

My company has a main office in Peterborough and I have need to visit it on a regular basis and despite that I am still not sure where it is! Local people don't appear to be too clear on where it is either. It's not far enough south to be outer London, not far enough North or West to be incorporated into East Midlands, not far enough East to be East Anglia and apparently not all of it is in Cambridgeshire, somewhere off the A1 seems to be the best anyone can come up with . I basically drive sort of North and East until appears, Brigadoon like, out of the mist. Once I get there I wonder how quickly I can leave again.

3-1 City..........

Twinned with the Northern town of Royston Vasey, is it not?

3-1 City..........

Just ask them where Durobrivae is or perhaps Ermine Street.. that will truly get them scratching their yocal heads.

Edited by havanatopia

We need to come out from the start moving the ball around swiftly and accurately getting a early goal to settle the nerves should there be any, should we do that I can see us winning this game with ease coming out with a healthy 4-0 win but it all depends on if we can start the game how we want and dictate how the match is played making them chase the ball all over the field with them getting minimum possession and us converting all of ours into goals.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!

I am going to be more nervous than usual listening, after the last defeat City came back roaring and didn't look back.  Sadly the last few games have been a struggle and I just hope they are not going to go through a bad patch at the wrong time.  Still hopefully,  they will come out with all guns blazing and get three points.

Edited by EstoniaTallinnRed

I'm not actually sure why, or what started it, but I have a deep dislike of Peterborough as a football club. I hope we smash 5 past them tonight and send them into a downwards spiral which results in Ferguson getting sacked (again) and their subsequent relegation into oblivion.

Edited by cityboy

I'm not actually sure why, or what started it, but I have a deep dislike of Peterborough as a football club. I hope we smash 5 past them tonight and send them into a downwards spiral which results in Ferguson getting sacked (again) and their subsequent relegation into oblivion.

Might be from your dislike of that scum that's Mr D Ferguson I know that is part of reason why I don't like them but also like you don't know where the dislike comes from other than it be him but my memories not the greatest so could be something else that I can't remember.

We played like the home team at their place at won at a canter.

Now unless they have all swallowed some magic potion that turns a dung heap into a vat of cider then we should get back to winning ways tonight.

The odd defeat like Saturday is the odd wake up call that is needed to keep the team on their toes.

Step it up City!

I'll take 1-0 (Fielding (Pen)).

They've not scored more than twice in any game since October, while we've the best defensive record in the league, and while that probably means we're set up for 6 all, what I do think it means for us is; forget caution.

Am thinking 3-1, with it not being a classic in terms of quality, but not lacking commitment, most importantly from our lot.

Also got the strange feeling Flint will score, Freeman will assist more than one, and that their goal will be an own goal.

But then I've had too much caffeine today.