IGNORED

If We Sign No One.

Major Isewater

Think it will be 1, but as others have said we will run out of puff later on in the season, if no one comes in! and we get injuries.

The current squad we have is good enough IMHO to compete well in this league...

I would rather get in one or two significantly better players, then lots of the same or worse than we have.....

Think it will be 1, but as others have said we will run out of puff later on in the season, if no one comes in! and we get injuries.

I would rather get in one or two significantly better players, then lots of the same or worse than we have.....

I disagree.

The starting 11 is good enough to compete well in this league, the squad isn't.

It takes 1 injury and we are playing people who weren't deemed good enough for the league below.

I don't see that being an issue by the end of the window.  SC isn't daft enough to think the squad doesn't need more depth.  It's just a question of whether we can get quality in and whether we've enough realistic targets in reserve that we don't end up panic buying.  I'm a bit worried about August, especially with FF and ML's fitness issues, but I can't see no signings coming in over the season as a whole.

If only we lived in a perfect world with no injuries or suspensions. What would happen say if Fielding got sent off for bringing down the striker after 10 mins or Flint? what if Freeman gets injured or Smith or Bryant? Where are these magical loan/purchases going to come from if we can't get them into the squad 4 days before the season starts. Are clubs going to say, oh you picked up a couple of injuries have you? don't worry we will send those players that you were not able to have last week right on over to help you boys out.

If our ideal scenario plays out and we stay free of injury/suspension players will still fatigue playing sat tues sat. Our first 11 will not be at 100% for long. Then what happens? we can't change anyone having an off day as we have no replacement of anywhere near the same quality to bring on

I disagree.

The starting 11 is good enough to compete well in this league, the squad isn't.

It takes 1 injury and we are playing people who weren't deemed good enough for the league below.

err yep, completely agree, I meant starting 11, honest! not squad... 

If only we lived in a perfect world with no injuries or suspensions. What would happen say if Fielding got sent off for bringing down the striker after 10 mins or Flint? what if Freeman gets injured or Smith or Bryant? Where are these magical loan/purchases going to come from if we can't get them into the squad 4 days before the season starts. Are clubs going to say, oh you picked up a couple of injuries have you? don't worry we will send those players that you were not able to have last week right on over to help you boys out.

If our ideal scenario plays out and we stay free of injury/suspension players will still fatigue playing sat tues sat. Our first 11 will not be at 100% for long. Then what happens? we can't change anyone having an off day as we have no replacement of anywhere near the same quality to bring on

You'd hope SC and the board have affordable emergency targets lined-up that they feel confident will join, the price would be right and would 'do a job' if we were desperate, even if they weren't our first choices.  But there's no need to sign those players with 4 weeks of the transfer window to go.  I'd be very disappointed if we reached the last hours of the transfer window, or suddenly find ourselves with no keeper or right-back, and the club have no idea who they can bring in so we've got sufficient numbers to get us through.  But there's no point signing players to make-up the numbers when there's plenty of time to add genuine quality.

Couldn't agree more.

Also we were very, very lucky with injuries last season but when we did lose one striker (Wilbraham) we then lost another in the very next game. There is no way we can expect any injuries or suspensions to happen in a totally predictable way.

All this talk of managing for a while with a squad of about 14 is nonsense, Little doesn't look as though he should be playing to me, Wagstaff is clearly struggling so we need to address this now, not when the loan window opens in September.

Than, presumably :shifty:

There's an awful lot of faith in our starting 11 and steves plan a.

What a season awaits!

Indeed. Does amuse me a little the amount of blind faith being put in players that by and large have never been tested in the Championship..

Indeed. Does amuse me a little the amount of blind faith being put in players that by and large have never been tested in the Championship..

This is what bothers me a bit. At the end of the season we wanted to bring in young experienced players to compete. By the time the Yeovil interview happened it was there's a spike in the market and our 11 deserve the chance to test themselves.

That's not what was said going into the transfer window and while I do believe in the starting 11, we'd be better off with competition which I know I'm stating the obvious. Just don't like that the tune has changed a bit because it (apparently) hasn't gone our way as of yet.

Archived