IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

The dastardly red

If LVG is going to persist in that formation then they need a new front man. Ridiculous how much money he has spent yet they resort to route one football to Fellaini late on. United used to be great to watch now for me they are one of the most boring to watch.

He was 16 like 11 years ago. Euro 2004 he was amazing. 

I genuinely think that was his best years on an individual level.

Probably should have gone to Chelsea a few years ago. He's won everything at United. There's a reason Ferguson wanted rid.

Personally think he's held the England national team back in recent years. May have a good goalscoring record but vast majority were tap-ins against the likes of Latvia and San Marino. Not performed in an England shirt for a long time.

If LVG is going to persist in that formation then they need a new front man. Ridiculous how much money he has spent yet they resort to route one football to Fellaini late on. United used to be great to watch now for me they are one of the most boring to watch.

Indeed. For an alleged managerial genius, his plan of boring everyone to sleep trying to break the oppositon down, and then bring on Fellaini to lump it towards if that isn't working doesn't seem particularly inventive.

You have to remember that Rooney was essentially a manchild, i.e he was fully developed physically at about 18. Therefore it stands to reason that if he's fully developed a good 3/4 years before most players, he'll be finished a good 3/4 years before them too. And given his shape and stature, I suspect he requires quite a bit of work to stay in condition too.

I genuinely think that was his best years on an individual level.

Probably should have gone to Chelsea a few years ago. He's won everything at United. There's a reason Ferguson wanted rid.

Personally think he's held the England national team back in recent years. May have a good goalscoring record but vast majority were tap-ins against the likes of Latvia and San Marino. Not performed in an England shirt for a long time.

He certainly needs to move on

So who would you have had in his place?

its funny when the Rooney haters are out, they always bring up the fact the majority of his goals come against so called lesser nations!

Guess what, funnily enough we play more games against these sides!

Indeed. For an alleged managerial genius, his plan of boring everyone to sleep trying to break the oppositon down, and then bring on Fellaini to lump it towards if that isn't working doesn't seem particularly inventive.

Pretty sure Russell Osman patented that (apart from the Fellani bit, it was Wayne Allison).

So who would you have had in his place?

its funny when the Rooney haters are out, they always bring up the fact the majority of his goals come against so called lesser nations!

Guess what, funnily enough we play more games against these sides!

Sturridge up top with Welbeck and Sterling. Rooney held us back last World Cup. Was also very poor in 2010.

Roy Hodgson gets wins against the lesser sides. Doesn't mean he's cut out for the job, though.

Sturridge up top with Welbeck and Sterling. Rooney held us back last World Cup. Was also very poor in 2010.

Roy Hodgson gets wins against the lesser sides. Doesn't mean he's cut out for the job, though.

was injured before 06 and 10 WCs, and 09-10 was his best season

bit unlucky in that regard

Archived