IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

The dastardly red

I think he is overpaid, over hyped and average at best

I think he is overpaid, over hyped and average at best

DOLLY !!! ?.......................help me please Pet xx

DOLLY !!! ?.......................help me please Pet xx

Need to stop mashing that post button. Posting more of the same old shit than than Labour have been ramming through my door of late.

I think he has way too much of a burden, for both Man U and England.

He just needs to go and play his natural game.  When he drops deep to pick up the ball, teams he plays in loses shape.  Its a total source of frustration for me watching England play to see him deep in midfield.  We had Gerrard who could drive that midfield, but it just became to muddled with Rooney in there.  I am all for him having a free role, and playing in behind their defenders, but seeing him get more and more upset with his lack of service, for him to go searching for something, left us unbalanced.

I don't want to see Rooney deep trying to dictate play.  He needs to be on the last defender making runs and being in the right place at the right time.

With the captaincy for both teams, he just seems to be wanting to do so much.  This I think detracts from his game.

Stevo

I am gonna make a prediction right now: Van Gaal will be sacked on or before the end of the season; Just listening to him on Talksport and have come to the conclusion that his wee poor English is a factor in him getting his training messages across.. i mean he just said.. "we cannot change our shape to adapt to Swansea's change of shape".

Does that sound like the sort of bloke you want in charge of your team let alone one who has spent more in 12 months than Fergie probably spent in his last 10 years. 

I say to Manure sack him now to avoid the ultimate disappointment that is coming.

You heard it here first boys and girls

3 goals in 6 this season. That's a decent strike rate in anyone's book.

All three against a very poor, inexperienced Brugge side who had basically already given up.

0 goals in 10 games in the league I believe, that is a better statistic to measure his recent form/performances.

Every man and his dog were shouting for him to play as a Striker when he was playing poorly in a deeper role. Now he has been playing upfront he has looked even worse. Slow, indecisive and bereft of any confidence. I've watched all of United's games this season and he is the main reason they aren't scoring goals. If United want to do anything worthwhile he needs to be replaced ASAP.

In his defence, LVG's languid style of play is not conducive to creating lots of chances but at the moment he is a liablity, just look at him giving the ball away for Swansea's first goal.

He will still score goals v Estonia and San Marino in qualifiers though.

Ridiculous conversation. Will be England's and United's top scorer of all time soon.

Don't know why people seem to want him to fail.

it's not about wanting him to fail, I have had the unfortunacy to have watched every Manu league games so far this season and he has looked like a parks level player, it has been embarrassing, to be fair it's not all his fault Manu look like the most boring and impotent side in the prem and the weirdo LVG reckons he doesn't need a striker, Rooney is not the sort of striker that LVG wants him to be and he never has been.

He has been appalling in the prem all season, his first touch is embarrassing, he can hardly successfully complete a 6 yard pass and couldn't score in brothel (something that he once excelled at, scoring in a brothel that is).

Four games in... (appalling season) All droughts come to an end, .. Let's see next spring time how appalling or otherwise things turn out.

10 matches without a goal, not brilliant,.. blame the mattress with all that cash in it, must be hell trying to sleep on that.. Get in in the bank now, spend it, give it away, whatever.. and the balls will soon be flying into the net again... When Rooney gets hungry - watch out!

it's not about wanting him to fail, I have had the unfortunacy to have watched every Manu league games so far this season and he has looked like a parks level player, it has been embarrassing, to be fair it's not all his fault Manu look like the most boring and impotent side in the prem and the weirdo LVG reckons he doesn't need a striker, Rooney is not the sort of striker that LVG wants him to be and he never has been.

A parks player would score a Champions League hattrick?

Four games in... (appalling season) All droughts come to an end, .. Let's see next spring time how appalling or otherwise things turn out.

10 matches without a goal, not brilliant,.. blame the mattress with all that cash in it, must be hell trying to sleep on that.. Get in in the bank now, spend it, give it away, whatever.. and the balls will soon be flying into the net again... When Rooney gets hungry - watch out!

Read what I said, I never mentioned goals in that particular post, it's his overall play/contribution that is the problem, do you honestly believe that if his name wasn't Wayne Rooney that he wouldn't already be warming the bench?.

A parks player would score a Champions League hattrick?

We will see when Manu fail to qualify from their group which I think is more than a possibility.

As I said in my previous post his overall play in the first 4 league games has been poor at best, Wayne Rooney can dine out on his record forever and a day he has earned that right, but on current form he is poor.

of course it's not Rooneys fault LVG is playing him out of position because he believes that Manu don't need a striker (or even 2) and is about to unload Hernandez.

Written with an agenda. Another Rooney hater.

Well I haven't got an agenda, I am just looking at his current form which is painful watching at present and sad to see for such a talent, but what is even more painful is Manu's soporific style of football, I hope he gets to 300 goals and soon, but unless LVG changes either the style of play or his notion that he doesn't need any strikers other than Rooney, the worse it will be IMO.

Well I haven't got an agenda, I am just looking at his current form which is painful watching at present and sad to see for such a talent, but what is even more painful is Manu's soporific style of football, I hope he gets to 300 goals and soon, but unless LVG changes either the style of play or his notion that he doesn't need any strikers other than Rooney, the worse it will be IMO.

Agreed. He is much better as a number 10.

Seems like they are just about to spend 30m euros on a 19 year old striker from Monaco so perhaps Rooney will end up dropping deeper very soon.

Agreed. He is much better as a number 10.

Seems like they are just about to spend 30m euros on a 19 year old striker from Monaco so perhaps Rooney will end up dropping deeper very soon.

19 year old striker????, I can't see him being anything other than a bit part player under LVG, they need a world class striker and soon.

19 year old striker????, I can't see him being anything other than a bit part player under LVG, they need a world class striker and soon.

I've never seen the kid play. Just checked and its 50m euros actually! He is already in the full French squad though so must be half decent. Did only score 8 goals last season though.

Archived