IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

3 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

Talked about fighting TF over here that would be a cracker mate..

Hee hee, Loma would do terrible, terrible things to Turbo Terry imo mate!

Easy fight to make given Warren's links to Top Rank though you'd have thought. I'd love to see Loma fight Mikey Garcia, holy shit what a match up.

Edited by Stortz
clarity
  • Like 1

On 07/04/2017 at 16:02, Stortz said:

I wish I was going. Did he think he was going to get a good reception at Hillsborough?!

It's a very difficult night's work for Kell for sure.

Flanagan and Smith tomorrow. No real idea how good Flanagan is tbh, he hasn't fought anyone decent yet. Lomachenko fights in the early hours too, I absolutely love watching him box.

It was at the New York Stadium, but as it's only 10 minutes from Sheffield I assume that the intention was to promote the fight to both sets of fans.

The daft bit about it is that Kell isn't even interested in football, his uncle is a big Sheffield United fan and his dream was to see Kell fight there when he was a kid. So I think it's more for his uncle than himself. Unfortunately some Wednesday fans have turned against him now and even want him to lose. Pretty pathetic really.

Thankfully the majority of us Wednesday fans will be behind him 100%.

8 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

It was at the New York Stadium, but as it's only 10 minutes from Sheffield I assume that the intention was to promote the fight to both sets of fans.

The daft bit about it is that Kell isn't even interested in football, his uncle is a big Sheffield United fan and his dream was to see Kell fight there when he was a kid. So I think it's more for his uncle than himself. Unfortunately some Wednesday fans have turned against him now and even want him to lose. Pretty pathetic really.

Thankfully the majority of us Wednesday fans will be behind him 100%.

Ah, I see. I thought it was a bit brave to wheel him out at your place!

Tickets have gone very well for it I believe, I read that more than 17k went on the first day of general sale after all the Matchroom fight pass allocation sold out the day before. Do you know what the capacity is for it Owl?

On 13/04/2017 at 08:42, Stortz said:

Ah, I see. I thought it was a bit brave to wheel him out at your place!

Tickets have gone very well for it I believe, I read that more than 17k went on the first day of general sale after all the Matchroom fight pass allocation sold out the day before. Do you know what the capacity is for it Owl?

Not sure, I know they've got 3 of the 4 stands open, plus there's the floor. Would imagine it'll be around 22k ish.

Good win for you boys today, just 1 more win needed?

12 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

Not sure, I know they've got 3 of the 4 stands open, plus there's the floor. Would imagine it'll be around 22k ish.

Good win for you boys today, just 1 more win needed?

We're getting there at last. Are you confident you'll make the play offs now?

Burns Indongo this evening, looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, B1ackbird said:

Stortz, yeah, should be good, don't know a lot about his opponent apart from he's not phased by fighting 'away' from home and he can bang.

Mind you,I didn't know how good Crawford was until he fought him really.

He can bang alright mate!

• Like 1