IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Fair play strange fight that 

I think Bellew did a great job of frustrating Haye early on, his footwork was excellent, Haye wasn't able to launch any major assaults.

Fair play to Haye for not moaning about the injury too, not a mention of it in the interview after.

• Like 1

Just now, Atticus said:

Maybe.

But I like Haye, like his style.

But he knows he's gone down in the rankings & where's he going to get another pay day from? He has no right to one of the big draws so a re-match with another sell-out means he gets a final pay out (if he gets fit enough).

Bellew wasn't stupid enough to call out AJ & all he's interested in is looking after his family, not getting his face smashed in, he knows he isn't a heavyweight so the choice is his really but it'll be without risk to him getting injured in the future because he doesn't have to risk anything now, he just admitted that he's secured his & his family's future.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I think Bellew did a great job of frustrating Haye early on, his footwork was excellent, Haye wasn't able to launch any major assaults.

Fair play to Haye for not moaning about the injury too, not a mention of it in the interview after.

It was strange because Bellews foot work isn't great but he looked like Ali up to haye

Looking back on it now, Haye & his corner obviously knew all about his 'injury' before the fight started but he couldn't pull out because a) he needed the pay day, b) because of the hype & c) because no one else would touch him after his poorly toe!!

Unfounded I know but I'm just wondering if he or someone he knows managed to wack a stack on at the bookies, knowing he wasn't going to be 100%, he seemed far to happy come the end of the fight, if it were anyone else they would of been gutted & he didn't seem to gutted!!

2 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

The fight was a load of BS. Haye was covering up an injury all along and denied it in the build up. Hence why he was looking for the earlier KO

Totally agree. Also explains why Sky didn't ask him about the injury afterwards.

Who knows what the result would have been if Haye wasn't crippled for half the fight. 

23 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Looking back on it now, Haye & his corner obviously knew all about his 'injury' before the fight started but he couldn't pull out because a) he needed the pay day, b) because of the hype & c) because no one else would touch him after his poorly toe!!

Unfounded I know but I'm just wondering if he or someone he knows managed to wack a stack on at the bookies, knowing he wasn't going to be 100%, he seemed far to happy come the end of the fight, if it were anyone else they would of been gutted & he didn't seem to gutted!!

I think a lot of it comes down to what Bellew said, he's broke, he needs the money. The fight pot was 7 million and I suspect Haye got a large percentage of that.