IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

14 minutes ago, Super said:

Fair play to Jim White for voicing his problems with what Haye is saying. Absolute plank and an embarrassment to the sport, what a shame. Complete joke of a fight anyway.

Looking forward to Frampton and Joshua/Klitschko next fights, proper gents and far superior fighters.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Fair play to Jim White for voicing his problems with what Haye is saying. Absolute plank and an embarrassment to the sport, what a shame. Complete joke of a fight anyway.

Looking forward to Frampton and Joshua/Klitschko next fights, proper gents and far superior fighters.

Can't argue with much of that tbh, although I just about think it's a valid fight. Haye has been a complete dick, his full moron mode has been on overtime!

It comes to something when Tony Bellew is taking the moral high ground and virtually everyone wants him to win!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Agree Stortz, he certainly bit on the bait that Bellew has set for him..

Haye's been involved in unsavoury build ups before, V Chizora for one.

Garcia V Thurman's potentially a great fight, Garcia has one of the best left hooks in boxing...

Hee hee, the brawl and fence v Chisora! And who could forget the decapitated Klitschko brothers t shirt?!

Yes, Garcia Thurman could be ace- is it wrong of me to hope that one of Thurman's shots actually takes out Garcia's dad? He is one mouthy swine. It'll be intersting to see how Garcia copes with Thurman's movement. Andrzej Fonfara is also on the bill against Chad Dawson, that could be a corker too.

I'm certainly looking forward to the evening's boxing more than watching effing City!

1 minute ago, Stortz said:

Hee hee, the brawl and fence v Chisora! And who could forget the decapitated Klitschko brothers t shirt?!

Yes, Garcia Thurman could be ace- is it wrong of me to hope that one of Thurman's shots actually takes out Garcia's dad? He is one mouthy swine. It'll be intersting to see how Garcia copes with Thurman's movement. Andrzej Fonfara is also on the bill against Chad Dawson, that could be a corker too.

I'm certainly looking forward to the evening's boxing more than watching effing City!

I hear that re City, and Garcias dad...

I'm  glad to see Selby getting a fight, looked absolutely gutted in Vagas.

22 minutes ago, ChubStixx said:

Haye V Bellew under 4.5 rounds. 11/10. 

Thoughts?

More on this thread know more about boxing than me but I can't see this being a long fight. Could easily be under 4 rounds.

19 minutes ago, Super said:

Anyone know what time this fight is likely to be tomorrow?

26 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

When it was annouced I was quite happy for Haye to KTFO of Bellew but now I want the opposite.

Bellews best chance might be to take it beyond the 5-6th.. Haye hasn't been 12 rounds for 6 years. No knowing how he will hold up in later rounds.

I'm exactly the same but I fear it's a forlorn hope! Haye has performed the miracle of making Bellew likeable.

You're right, Bellew's only chance is taking Haye deep, but to do that he's somehow going to have to avoid an entirely unlikely amount of leather coming at him from a faster, more agile, more skilled and more powerful boxer.

Edited by Stortz

30 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

No screen. Haye 16st 3 oz . Bellew 15st 3 pound 

Interesting, you'd expect the lighter man to be quicker and more skilful to compensate, Bellew's neither...

Although, like TB himself said, he's gambling on the 'Enfant terrible' not being the fighter he once was.

20 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

"I could have been heavier if I'd wanted to be".

Course you could, Tone.

Haha, I'm presuming that you still want him to get flattened then mate?! I don't think you'll be disappointed, Haye has come in wrecking ball sized.

Bad news for @Super though, Paulie is fighting Eggington than commentating on Haye Bellew!

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Stortz said:

Haha, I'm presuming that you still want him to get flattened then mate?! I don't think you'll be dissapointed, Haye has come in wrecking ball sized.

Bad news for @Super though, Paulie is fighting Eggington than commentating on Haye Bellew!

FFS!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Haha, I'm presuming that you still want him to get flattened then mate?! I don't think you'll be disappointed, Haye has come in wrecking ball sized.

He's saying Haye will be "gassing" and blowing out of his arse but there's only one of the two that's carrying more weight than they're used to.

You're right, Haye isn't looking for a long night's work at that weight, and I reckon he'll want to end it early to show up the likes of Hearn who are trying to sell this as a 50/50. If Haye destroys him in a round then he's the only one who doesn't come out looking like a total dick (behaviour during the buildup not withstanding), and then Hearn, Sky et al will be all over a potential Joshua fight next. If Haye ends up plodding around for seven, eight, nine rounds, even with a win at the end of it, it doesn't add much to his credibility.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Bellew looked like the fat scouser that he is at the weight in, Haye will destroy him.

Haye looked in fantastic shape . Obviously both have trained hard . But with nearly a stone difference its going to be very tough for bellew  . I want Haye to win and very much agree with you're last sentence .

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

He's saying Haye will be "gassing" and blowing out of his arse but there's only one of the two that's carrying more weight than they're used to.

You're right, Haye isn't looking for a long night's work at that weight, and I reckon he'll want to end it early to show up the likes of Hearn who are trying to sell this as a 50/50. If Haye destroys him in a round then he's the only one who doesn't come out looking like a total dick (behaviour during the buildup not withstanding), and then Hearn, Sky et al will be all over a potential Joshua fight next. If Haye ends up plodding around for seven, eight, nine rounds, even with a win at the end of it, it doesn't add much to his credibility.

Exactly, a potential Joshua fight he gets to co- promote too, he'd make a bloody fortune. Bellew is in trouble.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stortz said:

Exactly, a potential Joshua fight he gets to co- promote too, he'd make a bloody fortune. Bellew is in trouble.

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He won't have a sniff of co-promoting it mate,Haye needs Joshua not the other way round and Eddie has put up with hayes bs to make Bellew money. AJ is the money machine not haye

Whether or not it happens, Haye has huge self confidence and will believe a co-promotion is a reality!!

22 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He won't have a sniff of co-promoting it mate,Haye needs Joshua not the other way round and Eddie has put up with hayes bs to make Bellew money. AJ is the money machine not haye

Hey mate, where have you been all week?!

I think his link up with Richard Schaefer last month shows he has real ambition in promotion. If the numbers make sense it will happen, who else will AJ fight after Wlad presuming he wins? Wilder obviously doesn't want it, Parker's team are holding him back, Povetkin is banned...? He's not going to waste his time fighting the Pulevs or Stivernes.

4 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Hey mate, where have you been all week?!

I think his link up with Richard Schaefer last month shows he has real ambition in promotion. If the numbers make sense it will happen, who else will AJ fight after Wlad presuming he wins? Wilder obviously doesn't want it, Parker's team are holding him back, Povetkin is banned...? He's not going to waste his time fighting the Pulevs or Stivernes.

Wilder will fight AJ mate,I'm like you and not a big fan but he will fight anyone tbf

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

If Eddie has any sense and AJ keeps winning then it should be klit followed by Parker then Wilder,sweep up all the belts within 2 years and then maybe fury may be back on the scene,meanwhile haye would have been fighting the" let's go champ "and the likes

I think Matchroom and AJ would ideally fight Wilder next but both the WBC and Deontay's team seem happy to keep feeding him bums like Washington, they've mandated Stivirne again for his next fight ffs, he has done absolutely nothing to deserve it. And as for Fury, have you seen him lately?! He looks like Tony Soprano!

In the absence of a unification, Haye is the obvious next fight for AJ if he does a job tomorrow imo.

Who have you got in Thurman Garcia mate?