IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

The Eubank PPV was simply not PPV worthy. They're trying to make him this big name when he's nowhere near ready yet. Whilst his performance Saturday was typically 1 sided and exciting, there's a lot of holes to his game and at times, missing with swinging left hooks or uppercuts, he looked damn right ridiculous. He needs to fight as much as possible at domestic/European level and tighten up his game before calling out the likes of Ward or GGG.

As for Price, he lacks the stamina and doesn't like a fight; he instantly becomes downbeat when the opponent continually lands on him and simply gives up. He stll ha a career fighting at leisure centers as an under-card attraction, and fair play can still make great money doing so, but his days on big PPV bills are over unfortunately.

As for ITV Box Office, not sure if anyone is aware, but for customers who ordered it legitimately on Sky ha d a blue screen most of the night due to a technical error. It didn't get fixed until about an hour before Eubank's entrance. ITV are apparently refunding anyone who encountered issues. We watched it up the Lions and it was the same there. I'll be texting Sean soon to tell him to get his money back!

Hugely embarrassing for the Eubanks and ITV in terms of PPV: their first box office event was a massive failure.

One final word: fair play to Quinlan. Never heard of the guy, but came to Eubank's home turf and showed a great chin and bravery, despite the pounding he was getting.

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

Good interview with Frampton here. He's been the definition of class in defeat imo, even though it's obviously gutted him

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/the-balls-of-wrath/2017/feb/10/carl-frampton-my-daughter-asked-why-are-they-saying-well-done-if-you-got-beat

He certainly showed himself as a top man in the ring after the fight,he knew he lost and didn't try  any spin like most do

On 10 February 2017 at 22:59, joe jordans teeth said:

He certainly showed himself as a top man in the ring after the fight,he knew he lost and didn't try  any spin like most do

I watched it eventually, Frampton didn't have the big rounds in the second fight he enjoyed in the first one.

As for the next one being in Belfast, Cyclone promotions would have to pay LSC An absolute fortune for that to happen, if they get him over here, fair play, will probably be Vagas again.

56 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Scott quigg to move to LA and train with Freddie roach? Interesting . Might give him the lift he needs.

I'm not surprised he considered his options after the Frampton fight tbh, Joe Gallagher didn't help him at all between rounds and the tactics were shite too.

Quigg is taking a big chance though, Freddy Roach is one ridiculously busy trainer.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Khan must really like eating canvas,manny is a shadow of the boxer he was but still to good for khan 

Absolutely, far too good- although Manny's ko's have become suspiciously rare since improved drug testing; his last ones were knocking out Hatton and tko-ing Cotto back in 2009. 

It's a smart move from Khan in as much as he gets the Brook fight after regardless. The UAE people still need to produce the $38m plus purse for the fight yet too so it might still not happen- not all of Pacquiao's team seem convinced they have the funds.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Stortz said:

Absolutely, far too good- although Manny's ko's have become suspiciously rare since improved drug testing; his last ones were knocking out Hatton and tko-ing Cotto back in 2009. 

It's a smart move from Khan in as much as he gets the Brook fight after regardless. The UAE people still need to produce the $38m plus purse for the fight yet too so it might still not happen- not all of Pacquiao's team seem convinced they have the funds.

Don't think there will be much appetite for Kell v Khan tbh,spence will beat kell and manny will beat Khan 

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Don't think there will be much appetite for Kell v Khan tbh,spence will beat kell and manny will beat Khan 

I don't know mate, it's still a massive PPV fight here, even if they both lose.

You could be right about Spence, no-one really knows how good he is yet and he could be amazing. He hasn't fought anyone close to Brook's level though and fair play to Kell for fighting him, he does not give a single ****! Agree Manny will easily ud Khan.

On 23/02/2017 at 17:32, Northern Red said:

David Haye asking for an actual barrier between him and Bellew at press conferences and the weigh-in :whistle:

A manufactured rivalry that Vince McMahon would be embarrassed at.

Personally can't see this fight happening. Would not be surprised if Haye pulls out due to an 'injury' late next week

13 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Haye v Bellew to me is like the gas playing cardiff in a fa cup final,can't stand either but I slightly dislike one more than tother so hope Bellew wins but can't see it happening,haye within 4

The only thing you can hope for when the Gas play Cardiff is a meteor strike haha.

Anyone watching Haye on Soccer AM? Such an unlikaeble knob and he seems half mashed to me.

Edit- decent card at the Hull Ice rink tonight too, Gavin Mcdonnell has a serious, serious job on to beat Rey Vargas, he is a ko machine.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

Have SSN on in the background and boxing came on promoting the Khan/Pac fight followed by a black guy called the "bronze bomber".

I looked at this guy and saw that his body was  badly bruised already but then I realised that the "bruises" were in fact tattoos.

My question is - why do black guys have tattoos?

8 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Everyone must watch the breazeale v ugonon fight on the undercard of wilder fight,just seen the best round of boxing I've seen for years both were out on their feet and even had a bit of WWF thrown in

It was pretty wild eh mate, Breazeale showed some balls in the AJ fight but even more in that one.

Wilder though, I just don't think he's any good at boxing. He is very athletic and can punch bloody hard but did you see him after the first knock down? He was swinging like a rusty gate and missing a farily static target by a mile. I think the stoppage was a bit early tbh, he wasn't connecting with any punches and Washington was throwing back. The ref seemed to panic and almost jump in a couple of times then finally do so after 3 more wild misses! It will be interesting to see if he can compete against fighters who aren't complete tomato cans- hopefully the Parker fight will materialise, if Hughie Fury doesn't pull off an upset in the meantime.

3 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Pacman v Khan confirmed for 23rd April

Fair play to Khan for the money he'll make but it's an easy night's work for Manny.

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Have SSN on in the background and boxing came on promoting the Khan/Pac fight followed by a black guy called the "bronze bomber".

I looked at this guy and saw that his body was  badly bruised already but then I realised that the "bruises" were in fact tattoos.

My question is - why do black guys have tattoos?

The same reason anyone else has Robbo? They just have less of palette to work with for obvious reasons.

10 minutes ago, Stortz said:

The same reason anyone else has Robbo? They just have less of palette to work with for obvious reasons.

The point of the question was why to black guys with a darker pigmentation have tattoos when they can't be seen clearly?

i thought the idea of tattoos was look artistic but if you can't see them very clearly..........:dunno: