IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

Haye Vs Bellew, The Gloves Are Off, tonight at 7pm on Sky Sports 1.

Haye did himself no favours on Soccer AM yesterday, came across as an even bigger knob than usual & he really has been full of it throughout!! Even Fenners & HellsBells had had enough of him.

Both of them have been full of it & both have made themselves look like idiots, no class from either of them unlike AJ when he's in the build up to a fight, AJ oozes class.

Unfortunately I can only see Haye winning but I hope Bellew gets to land a few decent shots & scares the crap out of Haye.

Then Haye will be lucky if AJ gives him a shot because there's nothing in it for AJ but if it does happen, hopefully AJ puts Haye into retirement full time.

2 minutes ago, ChubStixx said:

David Haye is so unlikeable. He wants to cave in the face of man with young children? Alright then...

Think David Haye is far too good; but would love Tony Bellew to win.

I'm starting to wonder if his silence is fear starting to creep in.

What Bellew has said is correct & he seems to be very realistic about what could happen but Haye???? There seems to be some doubts in his own belief.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I'm starting to wonder if his silence is fear starting to creep in.

What Bellew has said is correct & he seems to be very realistic about what could happen but Haye???? There seems to be some doubts in his own belief.

Bellew spoke a lot of sense and had clearly prepared for the show, whereas Haye seemingly tried to wing it.

Wonder whether he's taken the same approach to the fight?? Interesting.

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

Have SSN on in the background and boxing came on promoting the Khan/Pac fight followed by a black guy called the "bronze bomber".

I looked at this guy and saw that his body was  badly bruised already but then I realised that the "bruises" were in fact tattoos.

My question is - why do black guys have tattoos?

Yes Robbored even black guys are allowed tattoos! Don't you ever think before you write your posts? 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, ChubStixx said:

Bellew spoke a lot of sense and had clearly prepared for the show, whereas Haye seemingly tried to wing it.

Wonder whether he's taken the same approach to the fight?? Interesting.

That's how it looked to me too.

Maybe all this time in Miami has been badly spent?!?

Even starting to think a couple of quid might go on Bellew, if he can take Haye past the 4th round he might have a chance.....

12 minutes ago, Stortz said:

What a presser hahaha. A bellend- off for the ages!

Haye losing his shit haha!

Edit- whole thing here

I've said it a couple of times , it will not surprise me if Haye pulls out between now and Saturday. 

He's under rated Bellew , I don't think he's prepared properly and he's clearly rattled. 

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

What a presser hahaha. A bellend- off for the ages!

Haye losing his shit haha!

Edit- whole thing here

SkyBet give away a £5 free bet every week, I've stuck it on Bellew in round 8 @ 80/1!!

Haye has lost the plot & is making a hell of a lot of enemies.

I wasn't to bothered about who won this fight when it got announced & as all the weeks have gone by but Haye has shown such little class throughout the last week or so, I'm really starting to Bellew to win now, irrelevant of my tiny bet.

• Like 1

I was 100% confident Haye would KO Bellew in 5 rounds. However, after the recent press conferences I'm not so sure. Bellew seems to have the mind games, and as Ali famously said, you can win a fight before stepping through the ropes.

That said, David Haye is no chump. He's an extremely intelligent indiidual when it comes to pre-fight build ups and PR. This whole thing could be a stunt on his part to not only sell tickets, but get bookies going the other way.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

When did British boxing become so crass? Any need for all the bad language and Haye calling people in the crowd retards?  Utterly classless, the pair of them.

Full-moron mode indeed.

Ali said worse and was extremely disrespectful to his opponents, yet is labelled a legend.

36 minutes ago, SARJ said:

Ali said worse and was extremely disrespectful to his opponents, yet is labelled a legend.

Ali is a legend and these two clowns should never be uttered in the same sentence as him.

Examples of what Ali said/did that was worse would be interesting to see. If you're referring to the race stuff then I would say that should be taken in context given we are talking about completely different eras. I don't recall any incidents of Ali throwing chairs, punches, glasses, tables at press conferences like Haye, Chisora and Whyte have all been guilty of?

Ali/Prince Naz style trash-talking I can understand but these morons swearing and being violent outside the ring is piss poor IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

When did British boxing become so crass? Any need for all the bad language and Haye calling people in the crowd retards?  Utterly classless, the pair of them.

Full-moron mode indeed.

I agree entirely, unless this is all a stunt from Haye.

Nevertheless, and publicity stunt or not, to call the crowd retards is inexcusable.

9 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

That's immense. Poor Shane looks like he just can't be bothered.

He really does, and who can blame him. Interesting theory from him that Hearn is using Bellew as cannon fodder ahead of an AJ fight.

50 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Ali is a legend and these two clowns should never be uttered in the same sentence as him.

Examples of what Ali said/did that was worse would be interesting to see. If you're referring to the race stuff then I would say that should be taken in context given we are talking about completely different eras. I don't recall any incidents of Ali throwing chairs, punches, glasses, tables at press conferences like Haye, Chisora and Whyte have all been guilty of?

Ali/Prince Naz style trash-talking I can understand but these morons swearing and being violent outside the ring is piss poor IMO.

I can't agree with you here mate, Ali was an incredible boxer and an icon, but he said far, far worse stuff than calling a few gobby scousers effing retards imo. He propogated ideas of genuine racial hatred, said couples in interracial relationships should be executed and mercilessly humiliated Frasier with all of that 'Uncle Tom' stuff-  the worst thing you could possibly have been called as a black man at that time. Yes, it has to be taken in context and he realised in later life just how badly he had behaved, but the things he said then were far worse then David Haye gobbing off a bit- the bloke is selling ppvs and he gave those Scousers exactly what they had been giving him all afternoon. 

There's lot of hand wringing going on (not aiming that at you @Kid in the Riot, i mean in general) about a little bit of swearing imo and I'm not sure where this idea about the previous civility and decency of British boxing came from, tell that to Marvin Hagler after he got bottled out of the ring during a full scale racially motivated riot after battering Minter at Wembley in 1980! There have been scores of riots, boxers fighting each other at weigh ins, camps fighting each other, cheating and fixing at boxing since before the Queensbury rules and throughout the history of the sport in this country, all a lot more serious than Haye doing a swear or two.

Regarding the fight itself, and although I'd be delighted to be proven wrong- particularly after Haye has been such a nause this week- I reckon @Northern Red is going to have a wonderful night! People are saying Haye might not be anything like the fighter he was, but Bellew is such a fantastically limited boxer that about 20% of the Haye that beat Delboy could demolish him imo. There's no doubting Bellew's heart (apart from when he capitulated against Stevenson) and it's how he's got where he is, but unless David Coldwell has performed a sudden miracle he is ponderous and one dimensional and he's getting ktfo.

• Like 3

Bellew's very good at lighting the fuse and standing back...

cant see it going five either way, will they throw caution to the wind? (Haggler v Hearns) or be more cautious...

Bellew seems to throw vicious shots when he loses his rag, perhaps if Haye puts him down, he'll get up mad.

will be watching...

Any one see the Boy Jones JR v poxton fight? What a cracker.

Followed by Therman v Garcia.

21 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Plenty of examples mate, not just about race. Ali was constantly disrespectful to opponents, mocking anything from their physical appearance to upbringing. He also threatened to 'kill' people in the ring, famously telling Sonny Liston he'd be dead by the ringside.

Obviously he was very disrespectful when you look at race also, calling all manner of black fighters Uncle Tom's or KKK members. He also was highly critical of the faith of others, especially blacks who did not want to join his 'Negro Islam' philosophy.

People nowadays mocked Shannon Briggs for acting like a clown constantly following and harassing fighters like Klitschko and Haye looking to sign a fight and generate press interest. Ali did exactly the same when procuring his first fights against both Liston and Frazier.

Granted, I can honestly say I never saw him throw tables/charis etc, but sometimes words can be just as powerful.

Don't get me wrong, I actually like it. Prefer fights when there's venom and animosity between fighters (Froch v Groves, Malignaggi v Broner etc.) but for people to criticise modern fighters for being arrogant and talking trash, yet laud Ali as a legend (when he did the exact same thing in a 70s context) is beyond me. Perhaps Ali's in-ring brilliance means he's forgiven for his antics outside the ring, which are often overlooked.

If you get a chance, watch ESPNs documentary about Rumble in the Jungle. Foreman still has hatred for the way Ali carried on in the build up to this day for all of the 'Melonhead' and 'Caveman/Big Bear' insults. 

• Like 2

Haye and Bellew build up has been pretty embarrassing but makes for good viewing, the press conference the other day was comical.

For the good of boxing i want Haye to win so he can go onto bigger fights but in terms of choosing a fighter because of likeability both fighters fall short, if ever there was a fight that you want both to lose then this is the one!

The only way Bellew wins is if Haye is underprepared or Haye has a bad toe again....

Isn't it Garcia vs Thurman in the early hours Sunday morning? Now that is a fight!!

Edited by yardy
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, yardy said:

Haye and Bellew build up has been pretty embarrassing but makes for good viewing, the press conference the other day was comical.

For the good of boxing i want Haye to win so he can go onto bigger fights but in terms of choosing a fighter because of likeability both fighters fall short, if ever there was a fight that you want both to lose then this is the one!

The only way Bellew wins is if Haye is underprepared or Haye has a bad toe again....

Isn't it Garcia vs Thurman in the early hours Sunday morning? Now that is a fight!!

Garcia v Thruman will be epic. We'll see Haye KO Bellew in 5 and then switch to America. My money is on Thurman.

As for Dean Francis, very sad. I had the pleasure of training with him when I used to box for Empire. I also watched him fight live numerous times and his wife Ghalia actually arranged my first amateur bout. Very nice people. Very sad to hear, especially as he's so young and  a fit/healthy individual. He still runs the White Collar Shows with his wife last I checked and will be sadly missed.

• Like 1