IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

On 1/11/2017 at 08:20, Stortz said:

Not a facebook user personally but good luck with this mate. Let us know if you have any events in Bristol or unearth any gems we should know about!

Shauna O'Keeffe will be boxing against Bristol and team GB's Natalie Craig at the Cork-Bristol Boxing Exchange tournament on Sat 21st January - should be a great contest!

8 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

@Stortz,superstar in the making is Davis 

Yeah just watched the card, he looks incredible! Picks beautiful punches.

I had DeGale ahead going into the last round but he did well to survive it tbh, it was a heavy knockdown. Jack got better as the fight went on but DeGale matched his work rate in the middle rounds and I think that's what saved him.Chunky should pay his conditioning coach a big bonus.

I don't know where this leaves Callum Smith either, he is the immediate mandatory for the winner from last night. I guess he'll have to wait for a rematch unless Jack vacates to move up to light heavy.

Special mention for Mayweather showing what an enormous graceless arsehole he is after the fight. What a tit.

Edit - ooh and Aleem Khytrov Fight was an absolute war too!

Edited by Stortz

10 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Dana White offering $50m for McGreggor v Mayweather boxing match... times it by 4 and Flloyd might think about it 

Floyd will only come out of retirement if he earns more than he did for the Pacman fight so £300m +. McGregor will be looking at £100m + too once pay per view earnings are taken into consideration.

I think it'll happen because it's the biggest payday for Floyd out there

13 hours ago, Rascal said:

How did a judge have chunky two up, absolute joke Jack won it for me 

There were a lot of very close rounds but I agree, I had DeGale 1 up going into the last but that 10-8 giving the fight to Jack. Others had it a lot wider to Jack and he was complaining after that loads of DeGale's punches were slaps rather than proper connections too.

I would say though Adam Smith made a big deal before the fight out of how good the 3 judges were and declared one of them the best judge in boxing atm. The judge who had him 2 up must have valued Chunky's eye catching skills over Jack's more basic yet far more percussive style- although the state of the DeGale's face at the end told it's own tale.

3 other judges may well have seen it differently but, much like the Kovalev Ward fight, I don't think the result was a robbery- it was very close and judging is subjective.

On Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 18:44, Tomarse said:

If they both want it I'm sure it'll happen. It'll also smash box office records so the money will be there.

However Flloyd will destroy him, it'll be a non event 

When you boil it down it's the greatest boxer of a generation going in the ring with someone who's never fought in a professional boxing match in their life.

30 minutes ago, Super said:

Looks like Callum will get his chance whether Jack moves up a weight or not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/38645832

Yeah, I didn't realise Mundo was mandated for the WBC strap so he gets to fight for it anyway unless DeGale and Jack rematch which looks very unlikely.

Quite why Jack wants to go up to light heavy I'm not sure, he's on about fighting Adonis Stevenson but Stevenson would make absolute mincemeat of him- as would Kovalev and Beterbiev imo and Ward is a massively more skilled DeGale so he would get shown up there too.

• Like 1

Update on the Cork-Bristol Boxing Exchange.

1.  We managed to get Bristol Blue to donate a perpetual trophy ... which looks awesome.

2.  The tournament is on Saturday in Cork.  I have been asked to provide some music to play over the PA.   I have chosen the Wurzels ... 

There is also a guy filming a documentary of the thing, plus the return leg in Bristol.  I'll add some more pics etc after the weekend

http://dmwboxingclub.com/boxing/cork-bristol-boxing/

Bristol-Blue-2.jpg

Bristol-Blue.jpg

• Like 7

On 1/20/2017 at 09:31, soultrader said:

Update on the Cork-Bristol Boxing Exchange.

1.  We managed to get Bristol Blue to donate a perpetual trophy ... which looks awesome.

2.  The tournament is on Saturday in Cork.  I have been asked to provide some music to play over the PA.   I have chosen the Wurzels ... 

There is also a guy filming a documentary of the thing, plus the return leg in Bristol.  I'll add some more pics etc after the weekend

http://dmwboxingclub.com/boxing/cork-bristol-boxing/

Bristol-Blue-2.jpg

Bristol-Blue.jpg

Good News (for BRISTOL).

Bristol squad won on the night 7-5.  

Some really good boxing on the night and some of the Bristol squad were very impressive.

A highlight clip from the night

• Like 1

So Warren signed up Nicola Adams today. He no doubt had to outbid Hearn, who tried to shrug it off, but something tells me that he hoped that giving Katie Taylor centre stage would entice Adams. 

You might not be a fan of women's boxing (I personally think Adams and Taylor will inspire a surge in female participation), but from a promotional perspective don't underestimate Adams' appeal. She's a darling of British sport, an OBE no less, and she's got style. 

I actually proposed that Warren should sign her on my website back in December: http://www.bigtimeboxing.co.uk/?p=345

Warren needed to add something different to his stable, which in truth is lagging way behind Matchroom, and this could help draw attention to his new collaboration with BT Sports.

Will anyone follow her progress?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mozo said:

Great stuff, are you on Twitter? If so I'll connect and give you likes.

Not on Twitter, but there is a Facebook page community set up ... which will have all the videos as the become available.

And details of the Bristol tournament which is planned for October  ...   @corkbristolboxingexchange