IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Problem is Crolla is not a big puncher which you need against a clearly better boxer to stand half a chance 

Yea i agree, i can see a Ricky Hatton type of style being a problem for Linares, someone who would get in close and work the body with aggression and power, i don't think Crolla has those qualities 

• Like 2

Joe Gallagher hasn't covered himself in glory tonight, no need to pull Crolla out of a world title fight...yes he's getting beat easily but he's hardly taken a battering, Crolla has a punchers chance (not much of a punch i know)  no need to stop it!

Gallagher giving bad corner tactics during a previous fight too.

• Like 2

Credit to Crolla for only losing on points but in fairness he was never really a match for Linares, he never caused him any real issues.

I would of thought they may of gone in with a different game plan this time around as Crolla was highly unlikely to outbox Linares & was always going to need something special for him to win & that never looked like part of the game plan, it seemed like it was damage limitations.

• Like 2