IGNORED

John Cleese City Tweet

westonred

Nice to see John Cleese tweeting about his favourite club this morning

John Cleese Verified account ‏@JohnCleese Dec 13

Bristol City win at Huddersfield !! I've been a fan since 1953. I still support them,as I can pronounce the names of most of the players

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Because it's racist not to instantly know how to pronounce unfamiliar foreign names...  :facepalm:

Those complaining - can I witness you ordering food in a French/Italian/Indian/Chinese restaurant without pointing at the menu? 

Looking forward to your perfect pronunciation.

13 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Those complaining - can I witness you ordering food in a French/Italian/Indian/Chinese restaurant without pointing at the menu? 

Looking forward to your perfect pronunciation.

I'm not even sure the club/fans are pronouncing Kodjia right.  But as long as he's happy with Jimmy he should be OK. 

6 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

He's got a beard now? I really can't remember the guys name, he went to court for stalking his girlfriend or something not so long ago....

Cowell has had "beards" for as long as he's been famous.  Whilst remaining clean shaven. If you catch my drift. 

Justin Lee Collins is the bloke you're thinking of.

9 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Cowell has had "beards" for as long as he's been famous.  Whilst remaining clean shaven. If you catch my drift. 

Justin Lee Collins is the bloke you're thinking of.

That'll be him!

I'm still not sure what you mean about Simon Cowell though, he is the bloke that does Britains Got Talent isn't he? I don't take much notice of things like that I'm afraid.

I saw that tweet and thought brilliant, more high profile City supporters openly declaring their support for us rather than pledging allegiance to ManU or Arse.

Then read the comments from his 'followers'. Truly, what a sad lot of Guardian-reading, politically hyper-sensitive individuals follow him. These people  must trawl the net trying to sham offence at what celebrities post. Unbelievable Jeff. If this is what is now being defined as 'racism' what a sad place this world has become. They'll probably want to ban names like, Smith, Jones and Davies soon for fear of upsetting non-natives! Frightening that these people are given a vote.

Was going to tweet a response but, frankly, I'd get more sense out of a dead parrot than engaging with that lot. 

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

One win and they're all crawling out of the woodwork and jumping on the bandwagon again, it'll be that idiot with the beard again next.....

HEY!  What right do you have to make such a sweeping statement???????  I've got a beard, AND I'm an idiot............ but don't single me out on OTIB please    :boxing:

2 minutes ago, jackofromrugby said:

HEY!  What right do you have to make such a sweeping statement???????  I've got a beard, AND I'm an idiot............ but don't single me out on OTIB please    :boxing:

I've not got a beard and am unsure whether I am in fact a idiot. Why should I be left out , this is quite obviously a case of beardism. .!  :fear:

25 minutes ago, jackofromrugby said:

The way beards are these days you won't be singled out on OTIB, there'll be masses of you! Bloody hipsters.

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Because it's racist not to instantly know how to pronounce unfamiliar foreign names...  :facepalm:

Even the commentators seem to pronounce players names differently from week to week,racist b*******.

Far too many people don't know what being racist means. Someone who is racist believes one race is inferior to another. Not being able to pronounce the surnames of people from certain countries doesn't mean that you believe these people are inferior. 

Archived