IGNORED

Great Response

FlintWonderwall

Very well deserved 3 points (I'd have been happy with a point)  and it sounded like City were the better side especially in the second half.

I chuckled when the commentary said that "dozens" of Forest were leaving before the whistle. Could have been AG last Tuesday night.....

Said on Tuesday night that it's better to lose 4-0 once rather than 1-0 four times, and the fact that we can now look back and consider we've got 12 points from the last 15 means we can file the result on Tuesday under 'Bad Day At The Office'.

Was hoping for 4 points from Brighton, Forest and Cardiff to keep ourselves clear of the fight, and nice to think we could draw against an in form Cardiff next week and achieve that.

7 minutes ago, samo II said:

Said on Tuesday night that it's better to lose 4-0 once rather than 1-0 four times, and the fact that we can now look back and consider we've got 12 points from the last 15 means we can file the result on Tuesday under 'Bad Day At The Office'.

Not only was Tuesday night "a bad day at the office" it was also a lesson in how top quality teams perform. Brighton were excellent and one of, if not the best side I've seen seen AG so far this season.

They were too good for us and a 4-0 win for  them was well deserved.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not only was Tuesday night "a bad day at the office" it was also a lesson in how top quality teams perform. Brighton were excellent and one of, if not the best side I've seen seen AG so far this season.

They were too good for us and a 4-0 win for  them was well deserved.

Absolutely.

And the fact we we fortunate it didn't dent our gap to the relegation zone, allowing us to kick on today was a bit of luck.

Think it will inspire the team more than anything; that they responded so well is a big extra positive from today.

26 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Three away wins in a row...last time we did that in this league?

Not in the 2007-08 season, nor in 1990-91 and not in the 75-76 season either.  At this level, (2nd tier), we have to go back to the 1905-06 season.

City lost the first game 5-1 at home then won the next fourteen games; Eight home and six away. Of course if this current team wish to win seven consecutive away games, I'll not complain.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Very well deserved 3 points (I'd have been happy with a point)  and it sounded like City were the better side especially in the second half.

I chuckled when the commentary said that "dozens" of Forest were leaving before the whistle. Could have been AG last Tuesday night.....

Yes, I would have taken a point too but it sounds like we deservedly got all 3. Too many games this season we haven't got what we deserved so it's good the balance at least today was addressed.

as for people streaming out last Tuesday, it's a bit different being 3 or 4 nil down and everything that Brighton were trying was going in. Today at 2-1 the Forest fans had given up, can't say we have ever given up with the score so close and such a lot of the game left. Don't anyone say we are fickle compared to them.

1 hour ago, dereks no1 said:

Its nice when a city team doesnt capitulate after a loss and actually responds with a win. Fair play Lee!

We lost 1-4 to Fulham and beat Wolves three days later.

We lost 0-4 at Derby and got a good draw with QPR the next game.

There are plenty of sticks to beat Cotterill with this season, but capitulation after a loss isn't one of them.

15 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

We lost 1-4 to Fulham and beat Wolves three days later.

We lost 0-4 at Derby and got a good draw with QPR the next game.

There are plenty of sticks to beat Cotterill with this season, but capitulation after a loss isn't one of them.

True, but they were both at home so I`d argue today`s represented a much harder challenge. However, I think most people, me included, were worried that Tuesday would signal the start of a bad run and are just relieved it hasn`t.

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

True, but they were both at home so I`d argue today`s represented a much harder challenge. However, I think most people, me included, were worried that Tuesday would signal the start of a bad run and are just relieved it hasn`t.

I can understand why some would think that Tuesday's thrashing could have been the start of a bad run but I for one was very impressed with how good Brighton were and that impression gave me some optimism especially given the previous three results and the crucial factor that we don't play Brighton again this season.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I can understand why some would think that Tuesday's thrashing could have been the start of a bad run but I for one was very impressed with how good Brighton were and that impression gave me some optimism especially given the previous three results and the crucial factor that we don't play Brighton again this season.

Agreed. Brighton were very good and a lot of teams would have struggled against them but it`s the nature of football fans to be full of doom and gloom and fear the worst. It makes the celebration of results like today`s all the sweeter.

All part of the roller coaster ride really and I wouldn`t want it any other way!

Archived