IGNORED

What Cardiff fans are saying

Coombsy

Re: ' This is the big one for Cardiff City & many City fans

Postby cardiff 74 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:54 pm 

Tony Blue Williams wrote:The Bristol games were always special as they brought the England vs Wales factor into it as well. Strange I spend a lot of my time in Bristol these days and it is actually a really great place. I spend my time mainly in the North of Bristol (Rovers territory) and they hate City with a passion.

I often drive passed Aston Gate and the new stands are going up fast. Couldn't get a ticket for this one but hopefully if we play them in the FA Cup next season (of course we'll be in the PL) then the increased capacity should allow me to go.

I agree Bristol is a nice place driven all over it in my lorry but the strange thing is even though I have only been to Ashton gate once a couple of years ago with city and passed there numerous times I went always went to Bristol rovers more remmber there ground eastville right shitewhole went quiet a few times there but I dislike Bristol City with a passion can't wait for Saturday I'll be there

6 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Postby cardiff 74 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:54 pm 

Tony Blue Williams wrote:The Bristol games were always special as they brought the England vs Wales factor into it as well. Strange I spend a lot of my time in Bristol these days and it is actually a really great place. I spend my time mainly in the North of Bristol (Rovers territory) and they hate City with a passion.

I often drive passed Aston Gate and the new stands are going up fast. Couldn't get a ticket for this one but hopefully if we play them in the FA Cup next season (of course we'll be in the PL) then the increased capacity should allow me to go.

Sorry I have mislaid my enigma machine today - any hints ;)

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:55 am 

The Bristol games were always special as they brought the England vs Wales factor into it as well. Strange I spend a lot of my time in Bristol these days and it is actually a really great place. I spend my time mainly in the North of Bristol (Rovers territory) and they hate City with a passion.

Tony Blue Williams

4 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:55 am 

The Bristol games were always special as they brought the England vs Wales factor into it as well. Strange I spend a lot of my time in Bristol these days and it is actually a really great place. I spend my time mainly in the North of Bristol (Rovers territory) and they hate City with a passion.

Tony Blue Williams

Exactly what he posted last season…and the season before that…and the season before that… repeat…repeat…

3 minutes ago, Redrobbin said:

Exactly what he posted last season…and the season before that…and the season before that… repeat…repeat… 

Premonitions regarding our new stands and stadium rebuild then? .... Goes back so far according to you he mustve known or foresaw the New Gate when we and Lansdown were still dreaming about Ashton Vale...

Is 'Tony blue Williams' a Welsh Wizard or something then? 

I just took this off their forum, I knew their home crowds were going back down, but their away support has dropped badly as well

"Our away support this has been the worst for over 10 years with an average of just 632 City fans attending away games, so this just shows even with a 12pm kick off, playing the Worzels away means a lot to Cardiff fans."

5 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I just took this off their forum, I knew their home crowds were going back down, but their away support has dropped badly as well

"Our away support this has been the worst for over 10 years with an average of just 632 City fans attending away games, so this just shows even with a 12pm kick off, playing the Worzels away means a lot to Cardiff fans."

They took 800 to Charlton a week after we took 2500 to the Valley. They're hoping to take 2,000 to Reading! Dai-ed a death their away support currently, bottom three away support in the Championship. It's not gone unnoticed over there how many more we are taking away than them this season despite being at opposite ends of the table.

Just shows though, how the people owning and running a club set the tone, mood, the belief, amongst supporters. 

49 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

Sorry I have mislaid my enigma machine today - any hints ;)

You don't need to have an enigma machine, just a knitting machine

Just had a little look at their forum CCMB (on iPad). What a mess that site is! Tiny fonts, loads of quotes within quotes within quotes (and so on), and just a very dated look and feel. I could barely navigate it or make sense of the threads.

This seems to be the case with a lot of other forums. Fair play @Tomarse, we're streets ahead on here! Just so much better in every way.

23 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

...they're a lot less bovver with a hover!

This Saturday will be a strange one for me although I've been there many times before. My Dad was from the Rhondda Valley yet had never been a Cardiff fan. As a boy in the early 1900's, he used to come with his father, who was born in Claverham, to visit his uncle who lived on Coronation Road.

If City were home, in the First Division, all the male members of the two families went to Ashton Gate so Dad had an affinity with City as a boy even though he lived over the Bristol Channel. When Dad came to live in Bristol mid 1930's he became a regular City supporter and first took me with him in 1950.

But about 4 or 5 times a season we went to watch Cardiff who were in the First Division and I remember their players of that time as easily as I recall Atyeo, Rogers, Cook of City. Although both of us always wanted City to beat Cardiff, we both had some affection for the Bluebirds that continues with me. So I desperately want us to win this Saturday even if the following Saturday, I will be singing the anthem when Cymru are at Twickenham (could not get a ticket) and again desperately hoping for us to conquer the English. 

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just had a little look at their forum CCMB (on iPad). What a mess that site is! Tiny fonts, loads of quotes within quotes within quotes (and so on), and just a very dated look and feel. I could barely navigate it or make sense of the threads.

This seems to be the case with a lot of other forums. Fair play @Tomarse, we're streets ahead on here! Just so much better in every way.

Not just that, this forum is really well read, visited, and the participation levels seem high. Always new threads, ideas, interesting things being posted (as well as the dumb and inane). Most threads also don't just die with 2 replies and 20 views either.... Really impressed with the City fans and it's great to see (even those I disagree with).

5 hours ago, Fiale said:

Not just that, this forum is really well read, visited, and the participation levels seem high. Always new threads, ideas, interesting things being posted (as well as the dumb and inane). Most threads also don't just die with 2 replies and 20 views either.... Really impressed with the City fans and it's great to see (even those I disagree with).

Completely agree. Also CCMB doesn't even have a mobile site! How quaint. Someone tell them it's not 1998 any more.

6 hours ago, Fiale said:

Is that because (myself included) city fans have nothing better to do with their day?

8 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Thanks. :blush:  I do quite like a read on CCMB.. crap layout or not there is some lively discussion on there.  Waccoe (leeds) is another one I find myself reading a lot.. not sure why.

Archived