IGNORED

What Cardiff fans are saying

Coombsy

10 hours ago, lenred said:

Good for you Spike. I went to uni in the 'diff and it is indeed a great place to live. Just lucky that I saw sense all those years ago and moved to Bristol as it is even better! Bigger, more vibrant, more going on, culturally richer, better music venues, better standard of living, better travel hubs, nearer to the capital (important for work for me), better housing stock etc etc. And a better football team of course. 

Everything you say is true, but you can counter that by saying Cardiff has the Millenium Stadium, the Wales Millenium Centre, a new swimming complex with 50m pool and fun pool, an athletics stadium, a white water kayaking centre, a new ice hockey arena and the Motorpoint Arena - and Bristol has nothing comparable to any of those. Facilities wise you have to say Cardiff is superior and Bristol is lagging way behind. Also Cardiff is a more affordable place to live.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Everything you say is true, but you can counter that by saying Cardiff has the Millenium Stadium, the Wales Millenium Centre, a new swimming complex with 50m pool and fun pool, an athletics stadium, a white water kayaking centre, a new ice hockey arena and the Motorpoint Arena - and Bristol has nothing comparable to any of those. Facilities wise you have to say Cardiff is superior and Bristol is lagging way behind. Also Cardiff is a more affordable place to live.

Still in Wales though....

22 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I bet all the English taxpayers are really happy about that..

56 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Millennium I'll give you. Absolutely fantastic stadium, the best in the UK I'd say, given location and atmosphere. But it's a capital city so arguably it should have something of that ilk. We have a 50m pool at Hengrove that's new. We are getting a well overdue arena. Personally not too fussed about the other facilities you mention but plenty that will and take the point.  Cost of living in Cardiff isn't that much cheaper if you live in a half decent area and I'd rather pay the small 'premium' to live on this side of the bridge. I work with plenty of our Welsh cousins who bemoan the travelling so that makes up for it straight away anyway for me as I'm lucky enough to be able to walk to work.  Great city though but as I said, Bristol's just better!

Archived