IGNORED

A plea to help my friends son - please read

Dollymarie

30 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

you think once a week is bad. my uncle whom i visited regularly and went to football with has been sectioned, im not even allowed  to know where hes gone according to patient confidentiality. the whole system stinks

Wow!

Sorry to hear that - almost Kafka-ish.

Adele is going to be on both local news channels this evening if people want to see more about hers and Eddie's story.

Petition now stands at over 1600 signatures in under 24 hours.  Thank you so much to everyone who has signed, please keep signing.

1 hour ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

And as a banker with a bonus :whistle: there's a  deposit on its way.... 

I think I've had your kind donation too if its who I think it is.

I'm currently working on a construction project down South, where we are being handcuffed by the 'authorities' because of a few newts.  Our current spend on newt removal and preventative fencing is well over a hundred grand, current total of newts found and relocated = 7.  I'm sad to say, that whilst I like a bit of newt now and then...... Eddie's mum has far less consideration shown to her by the 'authorities' than some poxy semiaquatic amphibians.  

RANT OVER, PETITION SIGNED

Signed first thing this morning as soon as your post appeared - I'm only announcing the fact now for the "like"! - seriously though, your poor friend is enduring a living nightmare. What cruel injustice in this rich first world country :(

Signed gladly. How this happens in this day and age is beyond me. 

Utterly unbelievable.  Cut the pay and bonus payments  of some of these top medical chiefs.  They'll soon find the money to provide more centres to accommodate of Eddie's needs. 

Because let's face it; there are some serious failings here if Newcastle is the closest centre available. 

Signed.

My wife worked with young people like Eddie as a registered LD nurse - in and around Bristol -so there are (or were) facilities that could look after him without having to dump him at the opposite end of the country with no thought to his or his family's welfare. She is no longer registered and left the profession as she wasn't able to due the job she wanted to do and what it said on her badge - nurse. The whole LD service is run by bean counters who appear to want to get 'clients' (horrible word but it is what they used) off the books. She was a brilliant LD nurse but the whole thing started to affect her own mental health and she had to get out. Three years training and a decent salary down the drain and a loss to the people that she cared for.

It's a difficult situation. The mixture of the conditions this lad his been diagnosed with sound awful. Both the mental health and learning difficulties systems are being cut and put under massive pressure.

However, this child must be very ill if he has been sectioned. It is actually more difficult than people realise to get sectioned, more so if you are a child. There are plenty of people who are being 'cared' for in the community, rather than being hospitalised, when they should be. Whilst I can't imagine how hard it is for the family, in the short term, if there are no local services suitable, at least he is somewhere suitable being looked after. 

Long term; mental health services, need a serious reform and be far higher up on the government and NHS priority list.

Signed. Am in a similar but not same situation with my daughter. Just had our grandson of 3 months in Weston and her husband is from Ecuador and is here on a Tourist Visa. Home Office want him to go home and apply from there for a spouse visa. B******y waste of money they cant afford.

16 hours ago, jackofromrugby said:

I'm currently working on a construction project down South, where we are being handcuffed by the 'authorities' because of a few newts.  Our current spend on newt removal and preventative fencing is well over a hundred grand, current total of newts found and relocated = 7.  I'm sad to say, that whilst I like a bit of newt now and then...... Eddie's mum has far less consideration shown to her by the 'authorities' than some poxy semiaquatic amphibians.  

RANT OVER, PETITION SIGNED

Poxy semiaquitic amphibians, really? Thin end of the wedge, be it Newts or any other worthy conservation of species effort get's considered as 'Poxy'  

Our waterways are under huge strain as it is with all the human waste that is drugs that gets passed through the system and into our Rivers. The pill is just one,there are many others that are wiping our rivers clean of life.

So good luck to the Newts, hope you make it. 

It must be impossible for Mum, as she has the need to look after her son, and reassure him, but the leaving him causes him a great deal of distress too, as she states. 

There should be a more local facility surely that can cope with this type of patient, I just wonder if the distance is to put off regular visits? 

Very sad.

Archived