IGNORED

A plea to help my friends son - please read

Dollymarie

Signed... Not sure if someone else has mentioned it but BBC Five Live morning show with Peter Allen/Adrian ..thingee has featured the lack of beds for young mentally ill people. A family had to travel from Cornwall to Norwich then South Wales or something mad like that! Worth contacting them

Good Luck

22 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I agree Henry, but it's been 3 and a half years now. Hardly short term. Mum has had enough of them promising something will be sorted hence why she's gone public now. :) 

Struggle to see how this is similar at all?!

8 minutes ago, Henry said:

Struggle to see how this is similar at all?!

Because you mentioned the words short term. Short term isn't 3 and a half years is all I'm saying. I'm really not trying to get into any argument with you, honestly I'm not, but the system is letting these kids down, and it's got to stop. :) 

9 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

Signed. Am in a similar but not same situation with my daughter. Just had our grandson of 3 months in Weston and her husband is from Ecuador and is here on a Tourist Visa. Home Office want him to go home and apply from there for a spouse visa. B******y waste of money they cant afford.

i once saw a similar thing where a friend was trying to get a permanent visa for his brazilian wife. poor bloke nearly had heart attack over it as they dragged it out to the extent where he had to drive to london on the last day of application to try and get something stamped. he did get it done ,just,literally with a couple of hours to spare before going back to square one.

the cost of these situations is irrelevant to the bods in the offices with the ink pads

Hi Dolly

Just sent a few quid to you by paypal to give to the family. Would you let me know it has arrived please.

The people who work in mental health are nearly all good people and are trying their best but the system is cr@p, especially for young people.

I work quite a lot with parents of youngsters with MH Issues and Learning difficulties and a constant theme appears to be getting the help they need.

Hope it works out

Nic

I've liked all the positive replies to this post so far. Not sorry about that, even as a Gashead. Just a subject I have some experience of and feel strongly about.

Okay, I know some of you will say that as a Gashead I obviously have experience of Mental Health issues, and that has some truth but I leave it to the sensible ones to realise there is a difference.

Cheers Dolly

Hope something works out, as I said and I will keep it in view on the Gaschat website for a while. People are signing up. It is one of those issues that goes beyond team rivalries thank Buddha, God , or whatever. Keep us posted if anything happens.

Regards

Nic

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Because you mentioned the words short term. Short term isn't 3 and a half years is all I'm saying. I'm really not trying to get into any argument with you, honestly I'm not, but the system is letting these kids down, and it's got to stop. :) 

Apologies I quoted your post by mistake :)

Totally agree. Ive had personal and professional dealings in this kinda thing and a lot has to change

from a rovers site...

ave you heard of an organisation on the web called ''38 degrees''.They help in cases like this and anyone can start their own petition especially cases like this.
I have supported similar cases on this site,its free and goes National,get your friend to log into their site.

Try  -- action@38degrees.org.uk.  --www.38degrees.org.uk

Best of luck.

....its obvious now that this isn't a unique situation affecting just one or two families, its a widespread (literally) National Scandal -an issue that must not and cannot be allowed to return to a low heat back burner situation, it can't slip out of sight (like so often happens with worthy causes/media highlighted issues) to become yet another example of 'today's news,tomorrows chip wrapper' .

MP's Ministers Councillors PM's NHS fat-cats and anyone in a position to affect this situation IN ANY WAY, people in influential positions funded by the public and paid to represent the publics interests MUST NOT BE ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH BECOMING 'CHOCOLATE TEAPOTS' .. - ( NB: Charlotte Leslie MP and the like.. do something now! ... or eff off and make way for someone who gives a shit) 

I think the genetic statements from health for example that have followed Adele and Eddie's story on news outlets this week have been the most frustrating thing for me this week. No one has come out and said "you're right, this situation is rubbish, and we're going to sit down with mum and work out a plan." :( 

People will be wanting our votes in the not too distant future...

Perhaps they should begin to make a few of the meaningful noises the electorate want to hear, things that need to be said loudly and publically IMO... 

Towing 'party lines' pleasing political masters now, will be of no use later if certain people don't do what's right.. the electorate won't forget thats for sure!

Have you seen this @Dollymarie ?

Hi Syg

I was so sorry to see your post. I would imagine this is a very complicated story which has caused you and your family extreme stress and anxiety.

Please can I ask if your family have been to their local member of parliament to raise this issue? If not, please can I advise you to do this as a matter of course.

If you have tried this avenue, please would you contact me via my email on br467@btinternet.com I make no promises as I don't know the background to this, but I may be able to pass this on in my work capacity only, to people who may be willing to listen.
Yours sincerely
Brian Seymour-Smith

She tried Charlotte Leslie, she was pretty pants to put it mildly. 

She also tried her local councillor Brenda Massey, who said it was a health issue and there was nothing she could do. 

If you could pass that back id be grateful as I'm not registered over there :) 

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

She tried Charlotte Leslie, she was pretty pants to put it mildly. 

She also tried her local councillor Brenda Massey, who said it was a health issue and there was nothing she could do. 

If you could pass that back id be grateful as I'm not registered over there :) 

Nor me, just have a gander now and then.

Archived