IGNORED

Kieran Agard to MK (confirmed)

EmersonsRed

Just now, WRERE said:

Could just be the case that we want him off the wage bill and there are no suitors that will take him permantly but MK Dons are willing to pay his wages.

Possible I suppose, but it does sound like there are at least two clubs after him - so some scope for negotiation for even a small fee, and they would pay his wages.

He's a solid pro, and have little doubt he'll get goals at League One level; just hasn't really had a run at any club at this level to say whether he will or not.

Always grateful for his contribution in the title-winning side; his goal against Swindon will live long in the memory.

1 hour ago, Sargent Pepper said:

Perhaps he is owed some money by us and we don't want to pay it and MK won't cover it. Similar happened with Osbourne.

Thinking it through further, if he hasn't requested a transfer so if we sold him we'd have to pay up any difference on his contract with a buying club. It therefore may make more sense to loan him with a pre-agreed fee and actually complete the transfer in January

1 hour ago, chipdawg said:

Thinking it through further, if he hasn't requested a transfer so if we sold him we'd have to pay up any difference on his contract with a buying club. It therefore may make more sense to loan him with a pre-agreed fee and actually complete the transfer in January

Plus he is probably entitled to a loyalty bonus if he stays as well.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@GrahamC did they waste Dele Alli money over the past 18 months, surprised they aren't in a great financial position.  Not our problem.

Don't think they did.

I'm pretty sure they spent it on land for a new state of the art training ground.

Must admit I would be baffled if we loaned him out, there are other sides being linked with him (Bradford in particular) and unless we get a loan fee this would effectively otherwise be giving him a free transfer, as his contract expires next summer.

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Don't think they did.

I'm pretty sure they spent it on land for a new state of the art training ground.

Must admit I would be baffled if we loaned him out, there are other sides being linked with him (Bradford in particular) and unless we get a loan fee this would effectively otherwise be giving him a free transfer, as his contract expires next summer.

And unless the we bring in another striker, it would be utterly foolish of us to loan out another forward player when outside of Abraham and Kodjia, we only have Wilbraham and youth players.

If it is a fee like we look to be getting from Ayling, I could understand.  But a loan seems self-defeating... unless we've someone coming in.

Good luck Kieron, scored important goals for City. One never knows how much a factor his lack of starts for us last season was when we are evaluating how good he was. Just know I never saw him not totally running his ****ocks off for City, fighting like **** and frightening the opposition defence silly. Given more time and consequently more chances he would scored a lot more for us.

Best wishes my babby!

Interestingly the guy who reports on MK for their local paper says on Twitter the Agard fee is "much nearer" to £1m than the £400k that someone had suggested to him.

Blimey, looks like we may have brought in around £1.5m in sales today, with hopefully the Bolasie sell on millions to come.

Mark Ashton playing a blinder in transfer negotiations so far.

12 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Good luck Kieron, scored important goals for City. One never knows how much a factor his lack of starts for us last season was when we are evaluating how good he was. Just know I never saw him not totally running his ****ocks off for City, fighting like **** and frightening the opposition defence silly. Given more time and consequently more chances he would scored a lot more for us.

Best wishes my babby!

I completely agree. Some SC decisions last season bordered on bizarre. KA was deemed not good enough (largely due to pouting over Gray Gayle and the form of Kodjia and pattern of play) but when ever I saw him I saw a guy running his cock off as that was what was being asked, scoring goals despite what people say and generally a great team performer

I have a lot of respect for the fella!!!!!!!

So what was the fee rumored to be?

A great player for the club. He always gave 100%. Very brave and a definite poacher. Any sniff of goal and he's there.

I am sorry to see him leave but if we want to move on at a pace with the likes of Abraham & JK then he was never going to displace them.

Its a definite indication that this club is going places and that means gradually recruiting better players and unfortunately it means

offloading squad players.

The swindle goal at home two season's ago & West Brom last year were brilliant, thanks for the memories

Archived