IGNORED

Turns out the players have an app they all use... (Guardian interview with Tammy Abraham)

LondonBristolian

14 minutes ago, MetzRed said:

"his 15-year-old brother Timmy, a forward on the books of Charlton Athletic"

Sensational.

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

I wonder if they have another brother called Tommy?

Just now, Griffin said:

They do. 

Father Abraham did indeed have many sons....and also a sense of humour

Tammy, Timmy and Tom?

Dad named Tony as well haha...love a 'T' and an 'EEEEE' in that family.

Just brings it home that he is not OUR player and that a replacement will need to be found for next season.

On a side issue, it's worth noting that he is regularly kept in contact by the Chelsea staff... this also happens with our youngsters out on loan, and they often send scouts out to watch their performances at their loaned Clubs, to keep a tab on their progress.

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

Dad named Tony as well haha...love a 'T' and an 'EEEEE' in that family.

Just brings it home that he is not OUR player and that a replacement will need to be found for next season.

On a side issue, it's worth noting that he is regularly kept in contact by the Chelsea staff... this also happens with our youngsters out on loan, and they often send scouts out to watch their performances at their loaned Clubs, to keep a tab on their progress.

I thought his dad was Anthony :whistle:

Seems the sort of guy who is a credit to all he's involved with.  Eloquent and ambitious he seems excited to be with us although clearly sees his future elsewhere.  

We knew it already but we've got a class player on our hands here.

Also seems like we're getting a lot of coverage over this weekend.  There's this, Football Focus and the Winter piece.  Let's hope we get even more by beating Derby 7-0.

21 minutes ago, spudski said:

That will be a hell of a lot easier if we've impressed Chelsea and kept our word on everything. They loan out a lot of players and if we can establish ourselves as a good destination for them we'll be well placed to borrow the best of them. On top of that if we've impressed the player himself then word will get around to other players and other clubs.

Seems like the club are finally realising that you can have all the money in the world but there's really no substitute for doing the right things.

7 hours ago, spudski said:

I have to be honest here pal and say that's the way I felt about Kodjia last year; and said it plenty of times.

Watching Kodj last season I'm sure I could pull up a post match comment of 'enjoy him whilst he's here lads, he'll be gone next summer', and I kind've feel that about all our standouts. That's the nature of the club we are and no club is immune to it; indeed even once you're top four in this country you have Real and Barca sniffing after your best - eg Bale at Totts, Ronaldo at Utd. Whenever we have someone clearly on the next level it is a case of 'they were a privilege to watch'. That's why I'm not crying over Kodjia, he was never 'ours' because we should never be about standing in a player's way. As soon as we are we are not attractive to players. 

It's something I'm resigned to particularly with Joe Bryan. I'm not sure I've ever seen a technically better, more intelligent (and athletic), player in a Bristol City shirt. That boy I'm certain has a big future and I feel every window, hmm maybe someone will come in for him. 

8 hours ago, spudski said:

The fact that he's started so well , gives us time to find a target to replace JK and Tammy, be that Jan or next summer. 

44 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I have to be honest here pal and say that's the way I felt about Kodjia last year; and said it plenty of times.

Watching Kodj last season I'm sure I could pull up a post match comment of 'enjoy him whilst he's here lads, he'll be gone next summer', and I kind've feel that about all our standouts. That's the nature of the club we are and no club is immune to it; indeed even once you're top four in this country you have Real and Barca sniffing after your best - eg Bale at Totts, Ronaldo at Utd. Whenever we have someone clearly on the next level it is a case of 'they were a privilege to watch'. That's why I'm not crying over Kodjia, he was never 'ours' because we should never be about standing in a player's way. As soon as we are we are not attractive to players. 

It's something I'm resigned to particularly with Joe Bryan. I'm not sure I've ever seen a technically better, more intelligent (and athletic), player in a Bristol City shirt. That boy I'm certain has a big future and I feel every window, hmm maybe someone will come in for him. 

Everyone is , to differing degrees,  a feeder club to bigger clubs until you get to Real or Barca. If a bigger club or wage packet comes calling players will go, what we need to learn is to be like Southampton. They are probably THE stand out club in recent years to , find, develop , sell at a profit and manage to start that process again. Two of the last three seasons we have done that , and done it well . Not only improving the team but our net spend (in transfers ) must be small. 

Our scouting network seems  to have really stepped up recently , in fact the club as a whole has really upped it's game over the past year or so. Long may it continue.

What a great, well-rounded, family-orientated young man Tammy seems to be.....I think in ten years time we will be saying 'Wow, Tammy Abraham played for Bristol City????!!!!!' because he will be an awesome, experienced international football player.

I wish nothing but the very best for Tammy, let's just enjoy him and his performances while we can...

Also I look forward to the chapter on his season with us in his autobiography!

Archived