IGNORED

Cardiff / Warnock (Merged)

Leveller

12 hours ago, BigTone said:

I never really get the Warnock hate bit. He has ever only been complimentary about BCFC and is a good manager

Tone, if you'd witnessed the antics of his Rotherham players at AG last season in our 1-1 draw with them you'd have wanted to run on the pitch like every other City fan did that night and punch Mrs Doubtfire's lights out.

What we need next Friday for starters is a strong referee, perhaps a better chance of this happening given it's a derby live on Sky.

11 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Yep.

How long does it take him to teach players to hoof it long, go down as if they are dead if the opposition is gaining the ascendency and to contest every decision made by the ref?

As for "not getting the hate for him", basically he's a Northern version of Pulis....

Don't disagree but this lying down 'dead' business is creeping, no, marching into the championship now. We saw it on Saturday and I do not understand why a ref insists of the game stopping unless its a head injury.

Players can tell when someone is actually badly injured and invariably they stop playing as their respect for a fellow professional and the feeling that it could have been them kicks in. Basically its cheating, player goes to ground - usually when the opposition are in possession , game stops, he gets treatment, then 60 seconds later he is impersonating Usain Bolt!

To be fair to us, and of course we are biased, we don't do that.

Cardiff fans getting excited:

We need to repay them by getting down the ccs in numbers for the Bristol city game! What a game to start, they are on a high, playing well! Be nice to burst their little bubble live on Sky! 

They might change their tune when they see the quality of football being dished up by Colin.

2 hours ago, A Darkwood Red said:

I would be seriously concerned for Tammy now. 

I'd stick Wilbs up top. Let him bully defenders for an hour then bring on Tammy

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Tone, if you'd witnessed the antics of his Rotherham players at AG last season in our 1-1 draw with them you'd have wanted to run on the pitch like every other City fan did that night and punch Mrs Doubtfire's lights out.

What we need next Friday for starters is a strong referee, perhaps a better chance of this happening given it's a derby live on Sky.

Colin will be out to get at least one of ours sent off and to this end will focus upon instilling into his players to make the most of any situation regarding any City player who's received a yellow (think Blackburn and Baker last season). I expect to see Cardiff players rolling around throughout claiming they've been elbowed, and the like.

Our discipline and the quality of the referee on the night will determine whether or not we get a result.

Wasn't long ago Cardiff fans were bleeting on about the premiership. When I was just an observer of this forum I'm sure there were a few Cardiff fans gloating on here . How quickly football changes. Unless you're a Gashead ticktock. As for Warnock not particularly fond of him . As someone said above he plays a certain way and it works for him . Any team will be difficult with a new man in charge. But Cardiff and warnock a match made in hell will be extra tough . I say bring it on we will be fired up as much as them . Cant wait. 

38 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

With this in mind; I'm surprised Colin took the job at all ! 

Probably to do with the fact that he has a good reputation of being the go to man to save a club in free fall, even more so after last seasons success at Rotherham, he can most likely name his price, sign to the end of the season, if successful leave Cardiff then wait in the wings for the next desperate club to come along, all this without the pressure of having to build a squad or ethos for the following season.

3 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Controversial post: I like Warnock, he gets things done & doesn't f about.

Without loans being available until January, he will not be able to get his tried and tested old stagers into the club.  The team that he puts out on that Friday night will be over revved and we will see all his old tricks - hopefully we will be strong minded enough to withstand the pressure and not get too many injuries.  We might just be playing them at a good time, because they will not be fully up to speed with his methods by then.

LJ's style of intelligent, creative, adaptive football will overcome Warnock's old-fashioned, robust, one-dimensional brand of football.

It's a question of style v substance, artisans v the uncouth.  City will still win this game; at worst, it might be a bruising draw.

Agree that we need to protect Tammy and unleash the bearded barbarian Wilbraham.

Well I am suddenly less optimistic about the Cardiff game now! The Warnock factor...a derby, hmm would be reasonably happy with a point.

His sides tend to be very tough to beat, I do believe that at AG last year his player for Rotherham went down for a VERY long time, so called head injury and then got up and left the pitch as if nothing happened. Game is a lot tougher now, his football has been appalling for yewars- I remember in 1998-99 when wwe played them chants of 'Boring boring Bury!'

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well I am suddenly less optimistic about the Cardiff game now! The Warnock factor...a derby, hmm would be reasonably happy with a point.

His sides tend to be very tough to beat, I do believe that at AG last year his player for Rotherham went down for a VERY long time, so called head injury and then got up and left the pitch as if nothing happened. Game is a lot tougher now.

let's hope we get a decent ref…

4 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

LJ's style of intelligent, creative, adaptive football will overcome Warnock's old-fashioned, robust, one-dimensional brand of football.

It's a question of style v substance, artisans v the uncouth.  City will still win this game; at worst, it might be a bruising draw.

Agree that we need to protect Tammy and unleash the bearded barbarian Wilbraham.

Someone swallowed a dictionary for breakfast this morning... :thumbsup:

Wilbs and Engvall up front. Tammy on after 75 minutes...

3 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Someone swallowed a dictionary for breakfast this morning... :thumbsup:

Wilbs and Engvall up front. Tammy on after 75 minutes...

I do like a nice pocket-sized Collins mixed with my Weetabix. Imagine the chaos that a fresh Tammy could cause in a mere 15 minutes...

2 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

His focus will be on getting tomlin sent off and injuring Tammy.

the way we will lose points is by getting drawn into his intimidation games. If we ignore it all and focus on our own game and doing what we do best, it should be straight forward

Yeah agreed i would add bobby to that list as well. Who knows what other dirty tactics he has in mind....never trust a man with no eyebrows.

images.jpg

Archived