IGNORED

Cardiff / Warnock (Merged)

Leveller

Glad to see the Red Dragons have managed to hit the panic button after a mere 11 games in. In recent seasons, I can't help but feel that anyone appointing Colin has run out of both ideas and any sense of direction as a club.He'll no doubt get a few results but there is no doubting the rot has set in at Cardiff. 

Oh well, Colin and Tan deserve each other and flies are invariably attracted to poo.

3 hours ago, A Darkwood Red said:

I would be seriously concerned for Tammy now. 

I wouldn't. Wasn't it last week he was talking about getting spurred on by being elbowed in the back? This is exactly what he has come here to experience. If we start looking like we are trying to protect him then clubs are going to target him with bully boy tactics even more. I say send the lad out there and let the lad give as good as he gets; for 90 minutes unless we take a strong lead.

First game in charge? Bristol City and its live on Sky..........:facepalm:

He saved Rotherham last season and when they played us at AG he'd had the time to turn them into a typical Warnock team. A 1-1 draw. Hopefully he won't have had enough time at Cardiff to turn them into his style of football.

I'm glad we're playing them early in his stay at Cardiff.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

First game in charge? Bristol City and its live on Sky..........:facepalm:

He saved Rotherham last season and when they played us at AG he'd had the time to turn them into a typical Warnock team. A 1-1 draw. Hopefully he won't have had enough time at Cardiff to turn them into his style of football.

I'm glad we're playing them early in his stay at Cardiff.

It wont take him 5 mins to get them time wasting, play acting etc. All the hallmarks of a Colin team will be in place for sure. Still think we will do them though.

Looking forward to going along now even more he's been appointed as it's definitely added a lot more 'spice' to what is usually a edgy derby. 

No doubt he will instill his way of playing into them quite quickly but as others have said if we play football and don't get caught in the trap of hoofing the ball in the air aimlessly then we should win comfortably over what is a shockingly bad Cardiff side. 

Well here's a record to beat. From the BBC website, 13th February 2016, Rotherham 0-0 Birmingham ... 

Rotherham United ended with nine men as Neil Warnock's first game in charge of the Millers finished goalless against Birmingham City.

Richard Wood was dismissed for fouling Clayton Donaldson, while Joe Mattock saw red for time-wasting.

Jacques Maghoma almost put Blues ahead from range but striker Donaldson failed to latch on to his wide shot.

For the hosts, Kirk Broadfoot headed Joe Newell's corner wide before Tomasz Kuszczak saved Matt Derbyshire's shot.

The result means Rotherham remain in 22nd place in the Championship and five points adrift of safety, while Birmingham rise a place to seventh and are three points from a play-off spot.

Warnock, who had been without a managerial role since a four-game spell as temporary boss of Queens Park Rangers late in 2015, was appointed Rotherham United manager until the end of the season following Neil Redfearn's dismissal.

The new Millers boss has not lost in his first game in charge of a club since losing 2-1 to Bradford City as manager of Oldham Athletic in February 1997.

You couldn't make it up could you...

His 1st game is against us, where he has had more controversy than anywhere...

He always says "he likes Bristol City, good club that lot" but he loves the banter with us and knows how to stir it up - he is the master of that!

Can't wait - Bring it on!

Our Lee will be well up for it!  

7 minutes ago, tomo said:

You couldn't make it up could you...

His 1st game is against us, where he has had more controversy than anywhere...

He always says "he likes Bristol City, good club that lot" but he loves the banter with us and knows how to stir it up - he is the master of that!

Can't wait - Bring it on!

Our Lee will be well up for it!  

I'm sure he was not happy with what Johnson said . Something about Johnson was saying he wanted a hostile crowd. Something like that . I wonder if warnock will bring this up before the game. It's going to be interesting that's for sure 

Don't agree with the suggestion that we should leave Tammy out, although I understand the thinking.  Why should we play to Warnock's tune?  We're in the play off places, they're in the relegation zone, we've won four on the bounce and we have the league's top scorer.  What sort of boost would it give them to see Tammy left on the bench?  Let's stick to our game and not allow the quality of our line up - and our ability to win the game - to be compromised by the opposition manager's approach.

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Don't agree with the suggestion that we should leave Tammy out, although I understand the thinking.  Why should we play to Warnock's tune?  We're in the play off places, they're in the relegation zone, we've won four on the bounce and we have the league's top scorer.  What sort of boost would it give them to see Tammy left on the bench?  Let's stick to our game and not allow the quality of our line up - and our ability to win the game - to be compromised by the opposition manager's approach.

I think we're all just terrified that Colin will order his defenders to break legs, especially Tammy's. Lose Tammy for 1 game or lose Tammy for 10 weeks? I know which I'd pick.

9 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I think we're all just terrified that Colin will order his defenders to break legs, especially Tammy's. Lose Tammy for 1 game or lose Tammy for 10 weeks? I know which I'd pick.

I know, I completely get the concern, I'm just not comfortable allowing ourselves to be bullied into dropping our most dangerous player!

This could work in our favour as he's bound to get the players wound up and raring to go.  An all action frantic start to the game may be good for the fans, but will Cardiff play any football?  If City weather the storm there are goals to be scored on the break. Long term I'm sure he'll keep Cardiff in the Championship, but his success won't start against City.

Even though it's not ideal for us, it'll be nice bringing back the rivalry a little bit with them lot. It's been dead for a while now after pulling their own pants down but hopefully this will now add a bit of spice to it!

Archived