IGNORED

Wilbs

GrahamC

Just noticed this quote in that dirty rag, great news to hear about his mum 

It was a special day for City's veteran forward, who was watched by his mother Gail. She was given the all-clear from cancer only last week and Wilbarahm ran across to her after scoring a dramatic 88th minute winner.

He said: "My mum got the all clear from cancer this week after having radiotherapy, which was great news. She was able to come down here to see her first game today and that's why I ran over to her when I scored.

"My mum had throat cancer and she had treatment for eight weeks. My Dad passed away when I was 16 and she was the one who brought me up single-handed.

"She and the rest of my family are staying down here with me and we're all going out for a meal tonight. It's going to be a very special night."

Read more at http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-city-s-aaron-wilbraham-it-was-important-we-delivered-a-win-for-gerry-gow-and-his-family/story-29831878-detail/story.html#iYrTXkl1FJraibOL.99

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

And that shows the measure of the man he is.

Thank you for posting @Dolly, I certainly would not have found that myself as I try to avoid that paper at all costs. 

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Wilbs said more or less the same on his RB interview with Hadwin after the game, didn't go into as much detail though.  Great player for City and I for one hope he can go on for a lot longer.  Well done Wilbs, great pro who leads by example.

Archived