IGNORED

Boo boo

5 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

Why can't people just get behind the team and manager for 90 mins on game day. Forget whether you want LJ gone or not. Booing at HT or at substitutions being made helps nobody, especially the 11 on the pitch. Just get behind the lads ffs. 

Perhaps the booing and 'don't know what your doing' chant sparked players into life. As much evidence to say it did as to say it would have finished 0-0 without the subs

3 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

I'd rather they didn't go at all, let the people that want to support the team do exactly that. 

So i can only watch the team i have supported for 35 years if i only approve of what ever is going on on the pitch and behind the scenes ? I support the team every match, i reserve the right as a paying customer to question the tepid shit that is served up from time to time.

4 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

Maybe, don't really buy into that though. 

I really don't think the booing helps anyone. 

Perhaps. 

Maybe it will give SL a clearer understanding of what fans think..... because his interview suggested to me that he hasn't got his finger on the pulse. 

45 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Maybe. But to make the change he did proved he didn't have a Scooby what he was doing in setting up the team for the start of the match. 

It also smacked of desperation. 

He did the right thing but was also cementing his reputation as a man who's still pretty clueless in how to get the most from his players. 

Come on, no manager knows how a game is going to pan out. 

The good managers can make in game changes to swing it your way like LJ did today. 

On the flip side there have been games where he's got right at the start, most recently Cardiff and Reading but, for me, made the wrong subs during the game.

Subs win/lose you games. 

1 minute ago, winterbournered said:

Come on, no manager knows how a game is going to pan out. 

The good managers can make in game changes to swing it your way like LJ did today. 

On the flip side there have been games where he's got right at the start, most recently Cardiff and Reading but, for me, made the wrong subs during the game.

Subs win/lose you games. 

I disagree. Rotherham had nothing like enough ability to prevent any organised Championship team from imposing themselves at home. 

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

I disagree. Rotherham had nothing like enough ability to prevent any organised Championship team from imposing themselves at home. 

I'd usually agree, but this is a team that is on an unusually long ( some people would say not for a LJ side ) non-winning streak. A team incredibly low on confidence. It's understandable that it's not going to be pretty or convincing but it's a step in the right direction. 

1 hour ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Im 58 yo and i get to some matches but not all.

Is it ever ok to boo your own team or even your own manager.

I dont think so ,but im thinking im in a tiny minority that think that way.

Will booing help us to stay up? will the team do better and feel more relaxed in the tough away games coming up?

any thoughts?

I think it is perfectly acceptable to boo the team and the manager, as long as they are deserving it, and personally, our losing run and shit-the-bed game management made them more than deserving of it.

42 minutes ago, Andy1970 said:

Yes, I heard booing. I bood the boo. I couldn't just poo poo the boo. I knew a manager who got poo pood. Made the mistake of ignoring the poo poo. He poo pood it!!

Thanks Melchet.

1 hour ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Im 58 yo and i get to some matches but not all.

Is it ever ok to boo your own team or even your own manager.

Will booing help us to stay up? will the team do better and feel more relaxed in the tough away games coming up?

any thoughts?

Going back to your time bob (and you must have been young watching B.k.  )

There was a bit of booing but there was a lot of games similar to today.

In the late 60s early 70s we were shit

But can remember many a game when after a few defeats maybe a Jonny Quigley goal would give us an undeserved 1/0 Tuesday night win. (or Chris Crowe )

It was then when we said goodbye to Fred  hello Alan and the rest is history!!

Can Johnson survive this? He has a stay of exercution  IT has to be so rare to have 4 away games in a row, can he survive that?

Have wanted him out for the last 2 months but for some reason I feel sorry for him and hope he will turn it around.

Anyway I hope he still has the faith, from his interview it sounded like he has doubts!!

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

I'm amazed how people think the three substitutions changed the game. We ******* scraped over the line in a 1-0 win, against arguably the worst Championship side I've seen at the gate. I think if no substitute had been made we would still have a poor 1-0 win to show for it.

I'm amazed how anyone can say they didn't. 

41 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

Sam Alladyce quote today after losing at home

"You cannot stop a fan showing his disapproval when there experienced enough to know they are not getting value for money"

No i agree you cannot stop a fan booing

Just out of interest how many games have we lost this year by more than a goal?

Was I the only one there at the start of the 2013/14 League 1 campaign?

Why is everyone so up in arms after a good 3 points in a game with huge pressure on the players, a highly agitated crowd against a team that came to be hard to break down?

2 hours ago, tts_city said:

Im 47 yo and i get to all home matches matches.

Is it ever ok for apathy for your own team or even your own manager.

Will apathy help us to stay up? will the team do better and feel more relaxed in the tough away games coming up?

any thoughts?

Thoughts - booing isn't the opposite of apathy, it's the opposite of encouragement.

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

It's just ironic that the booing was for what turned out to be the game changing decision. 

he was lucky, this time it worked, that has not normally happened, that probably saved his job, but why wait, tammy was having a bad game, as soon as he changed it we looked a far more dangerous side it was obvious we needed a target man, tammy at the moment is not that man   

1 hour ago, Charliesboots said:

If they have the right character then yes it does..

If you have a bollocking at work, you tend to try harder

Or you think I'm pretty good at this job..this lot aren't showing me the support when i need it! Sod em.

Whether you or I like it these players will pick up money elsewhere. Now as a player would I put my all in for fans that are booing us a team, manager included. 

Or would I put my all in for a crowd that no matter how bad it seems was giving their unquestioned support. 

7 hours ago, pillred said:

he was lucky, this time it worked, that has not normally happened, that probably saved his job, but why wait, tammy was having a bad game, as soon as he changed it we looked a far more dangerous side it was obvious we needed a target man, tammy at the moment is not that man   

Ah yes. Pure luck. 

7 hours ago, winterbournered said:

Or you think I'm pretty good at this job..this lot aren't showing me the support when i need it! Sod em.

Correct, you would do it in spite of them

Whether you or I like it these players will pick up money elsewhere.

None of us are naive enough to believe otherwise 

Now as a player would I put my all in for fans that are booing us a team, manager included. 

Which is what they did yesterday, for themselves - it was a selfish reaction

Or would I put my all in for a crowd that no matter how bad it seems was giving their unquestioned support. 

Again down to character, we have some players who have that and some who appear not to

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Ah yes. Pure luck. 

he has to take credit for changing it I agree, but it was fortunate it worked out, it smacked a bit of desperation and should have been done at half time, almost everybody in the ground could see it so why couldn't he

11 minutes ago, pillred said:

he has to take credit for changing it I agree, but it was fortunate it worked out, it smacked a bit of desperation and should have been done at half time, almost everybody in the ground could see it so why couldn't he

Sorry, what the hell are you talking about..?!

When he made the changes, half the crowd booed and accused him of not knowing what he was doing!

His changes won us the game today. Just be pleased about it. It's not luck, it's what all managers would like their substitutions to do. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Sorry, what the hell are you talking about..?!

When he made the changes, half the crowd booed and accused him of not knowing what he was doing!

His changes won us the game today. Just be pleased about it. It's not luck, it's what all managers would like their substitutions to do. 

what I'm trying to say is there have been many times his subs have not worked, yesterday belatedly they did thank god, so yes I was happy

1 minute ago, pillred said:

what I'm trying to say is there have been many times his subs have not worked, yesterday belatedly they did thank god, so yes I was happy

Isn't that the case with most substitutions by most managers..?

They hope/think that they'll impact on the game, one way or another, but it doesn't always/usually work out like that. 

Yesterday was a clear, bold, decisive move. One that left him open to being slaughtered If we hadn't won (taking off our 2 "star" players) Tammy & Tomlin had been ineffective. It was a brave change and it worked. Credit where it's due is only fair. 

In my view; the fans booing; spurred Johnson into making the substitutions when he did.

God knows how long he would have waited, and continued playing the most negative, boring, one paced, sideways and backwards rubbish that seems to be his trademark.

I don’t like to hear booing; but I think the fans have been very patient and very polite to Johnson thus far. I think patience has worn thin and I fully understand the booing.

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Isn't that the case with most substitutions by most managers..?

They hope/think that they'll impact on the game, one way or another, but it doesn't always/usually work out like that. 

Yesterday was a clear, bold, decisive move. One that left him open to being slaughtered If we hadn't won (taking off our 2 "star" players) Tammy & Tomlin had been ineffective. It was a brave change and it worked. Credit where it's due is only fair. 

How dare you leave out Little . He is also a star 

Archived