IGNORED

Boo boo

23 hours ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Im 58 yo and i get to some matches but not all.

Is it ever ok to boo your own team or even your own manager.

I dont think so ,but im thinking im in a tiny minority that think that way.

Will booing help us to stay up? will the team do better and feel more relaxed in the tough away games coming up?

any thoughts?

No its not OK to boo your team or manager.  Just think of the subs that came on. Not a good welcoming to the game.  The 3 subs changed the game and the team got the result. Get behind the team and management and with all of us pulling in the same direction,  we will stay up. 

COYR 

23 hours ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Im 58 yo and i get to some matches but not all.

Is it ever ok to boo your own team or even your own manager.

I dont think so ,but im thinking im in a tiny minority that think that way.

Will booing help us to stay up? will the team do better and feel more relaxed in the tough away games coming up?

any thoughts?

I never have and never will.

I think it swings both ways. Yesterday there was booing...but there was an occasion where the frustration in the crowd turned to a few minutes of 'C'mon you reds'...it visibly lifted the players. I witnessed a spring in the step of a few players, noticeably Bryan.

Support can only help.

We ask our players to perform every match...but do the fans? I'd say we were more reactionary.

Yes a team needs to show passion...but so the fans should as well imo.

If it's lethargic in support, that often reflects in the teams performance as well. The 12th man is not something just made up...it really does help.

Our support is apathetic. It reflects very much the City we live in. Comfortable and nice. With a lot of moaners when it doesn't go to our liking. Football nimby's.

In saying that...I don't sing or chant...but did when I was a lot younger.

Just an observation.

17 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

No its not OK to boo your team or manager.  Just think of the subs that came on. Not a good welcoming to the game.  The 3 subs changed the game and the team got the result. Get behind the team and management and with all of us pulling in the same direction,  we will stay up. 

COYR 

I would imagine the subs would be raring to go, thinking about what they have to do for the next 20 odd minutes and not listening to the crowd and getting upset by their reaction. Certainly looked that way to me because all three put in a shift that ultimately won us the game. Luckily they have a bit more balls than some of the lily livered types on here who would give up before they've even started because those nasty thugs in the stand are booing!!

15 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

COYR 

If only all that was needed was "everyone pulling in the same direction" to keep us up. A supportive crowd is no substitute for shrewd management and tactical intelligence.

The crowd has remained remarkably supportive until very recently. Didn't stop the 8 game losing run or indeed 13 defeats in 17.

7 hours ago, MarkRed! said:

The main problem for me is that LJ does not know his best team...or formation. 

The best 11 players for me are;

Giefer

Matthews

Magnusson

Wright

Golbourne

Hegeler

Brownhill

Odowda

Cotterill

Abraham

Taylor

Now find the formation  LJ....

Nope, formation and tactics to suit the opposition first and player selection second, sometimes one of your "best" individual sits on the bench.

Please refer to the England national team trying to "shoe horn" the best 11 individual players into a team and basing formation and tactics around them for the past 50 years.

Archived