IGNORED

Breakfast with Steve (Merged)

BigAl&Toby

58 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Well you should do as his business success has enabled us to have a £47 million stadium for free and bank roll the club for years. 

Didn't hear you at the start of the season when things were all going well moaning about bristol sport??

People like you don't have a clue how lucky we are to have someone like SL.

Spoons.....no matter what the future brings ALL City fans know they owe SL for all he's done, but at what point do we have the right to question him ?

He has money and can use the club as his hobbie, but we, the fans, are the club.

Without him we'll play down the local park.

Without us there is nothing.

1 hour ago, Mad Cyril said:

You may find the breakfast somewhat bewildering.

The toast will be on top of the beans instead of underneath, the eggs will be hopelessly out of position, the black pudding completely disinterested, the sausage will be selected despite being overstuffed, the fried bread is no better than the toast and everything seems to slide or bounce off it, while the bacon doesn't even get put on the plate.

Ultimately, you may conclude the promising young chef isn't really up to the job.

Perhaps save your £20 for something else?

Experienced that first hand once upon a short time ago. In spite of appreciating the effort made by the cafe's kitchen to try and gouge an extra £2 out of unassuming punters for trying to make their 'beans on toast' appear as if they wanna be all french and la-di-da like' legumes on croute with a hint of seasoning honey' I insisted on a separate plate; I needed this 'i explained' to ensure a smooth transition of the beans to the correct side of the toast because, frankly my dear, for £6, I was not prepared to see one bean fall off the edge.

A marvellous interlude of silence followed and much banter behind the scenes before a spare plate appeared beside my plateful of artistic creation. Satisfied and leaving the requisite tip, just to illustrate that beans on toast lovers were also nice people, I bid them good day never to return. The place has since closed and is now a pie shop. Proper job.

Now lets ave us a proper manager who rolls his sleeves up and motivates his team instead of a Savile Row bedecked theoretician with his loafers, kravat and caped crusader collar.

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

Experienced that first hand once upon a short time ago. In spite of appreciating the effort made by the cafe's kitchen to try and gouge an extra £2 out of unassuming punters for trying to make their 'beans on toast' appear as if they wanna be all french and la-di-da like' legumes on croute with a hint of seasoning honey' I insisted on a separate plate; I needed this 'i explained' to ensure a smooth transition of the beans to the correct side of the toast because, frankly my dear, for £6, I was not prepared to see one bean fall off the edge.

A marvellous interlude of silence followed and much banter behind the scenes before a spare plate appeared beside my plateful of artistic creation. Satisfied and leaving the requisite tip, just to illustrate that beans on toast lovers were also nice people, I bid them good day never to return. The place has since closed and is now a pie shop. Proper job.

Now lets ave us a proper manager who rolls his sleeves up and motivates his team instead of a Savile Row bedecked theoretician with his loafers, kravat and caped crusader collar.

True Hav, I do have it on good authority that all new players have a medical, whilst new 'coaches' have a DNA Test :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

You may find the breakfast somewhat bewildering.

The toast will be on top of the beans instead of underneath, the eggs will be hopelessly out of position, the black pudding completely disinterested, the sausage will be selected despite being overstuffed, the fried bread is no better than the toast and everything seems to slide or bounce off it, while the bacon doesn't even get put on the plate.

Ultimately, you may conclude the promising young chef isn't really up to the job.

Perhaps save your £20 for something else?

To deploy OTIB cliche #568 here:  "I wish I could have given this more than one like".

On another note, it's made me hungry.....

2 hours ago, RedM said:

It's the Lansdown Club Breakfast, it happens every month. This has been pencilled in since the beginning of the season, (SL speaking).

They always have guest speakers, usually inspirational business people, Karen Bradey was very popular a couple of months ago. They've had a rugby coach, lady rugby player, bomb disposal expert, kris akabussi (sp) and several more. 

Any excuse for some people to beat the guy with really

4 hours ago, EASTEND WURZEL said:

going down with me ole man tomorrow , having already experienced one of these events my advise is have a 'breakfast' before going its all la de da fruit and oats not a sausage , egg, or piece of bacon in sight !

Fruit and oats? For £20? Call that a breakfast?

Oh hang on. He's got form.

Charging what he charges for putting on that shower of shit and calling it football.

But hey he's doing his best. Making Bristol Proud :(

6 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Complete and utter bollocks.

Its not revenue for our club. It's revenue for Steve's club. The Lansdown Club.

All revenue into the club - whether directly City related or otherwise - benefits us. It can be included in our accounts for FFP. All revenue the club or BS generates through any means is good. 

How many of those there will be BCFC supporters. Or fans. Or people who responded to his appeal last night on the screen. Or the email.

Doesn't matter whether they're fans or not

You've answered that when you talk about it being a corporate breakfast. Big fat zilch.

You don't know that, not that it matters anyway 

And anyway my experience of these events is that the sausages are Richmond. Not 100% organic Old Spot.

I quite like Richmond

We might have a great stadium. The football is shit.

Bit like having a **** off wide screen home cinema and only being able to watch black & white repeats of On The Busses ;)

I don't really understand your point - so what, SL is using the conferencing facilities of the stadium for what they're meant for.. a corporate event. What's the issue exactly?

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

All revenue into the club - whether directly City related or otherwise - benefits us. It can be included in our accounts for FFP. All revenue the club generates through any means is good. 

Doesn't matter whether they're fans or not

You don't know that, not that it matters anyway 

I quite like Richmond

I don't really understand your point - so what, SL is using the conferencing facilities of the stadium for what they're meant for.. a corporate event. What's the issue exactly?

You eat Richmond sausages? Christ alive. 

Did you know the only part of a pig that traditionally wasn't used were the teeth? Until Richmond made sausages:)

My point is a simple one. Lansdown has ****** BCFC over. Great facilities I accept, Even better if you want to watch rugby. Or basketball. Or badminton. Or join a business club. Or have a ******* breakfast.

But really shit if what you want is football. I'm coming round to the thinking that you'd see more effort up on The Downs.

But hey, if you're happy to compromise your values and beliefs to enjoy the "other benefits" then carry on.

8 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

I think I heard him mumble something about joining him for breakfast tomorrow. He looked slightly uncomfortable on the big screen last night.

Do I really want to know about his success in the financial services industry? Do I ****.

i want to whether he's a red or brown Source man. Daddies or HP. Sausage first or leave it to last. Beans or tomatoes. Fried or toasted.

Then again he could explain how much more of this shit we have to endure - both on the pitch and off it.

And why he thinks £20 for a breakfast with him is a good idea. **** me. BCFC is a football club.

But hang on. Bristol Sport isn't. Is it? Nope it's part of SLs investment portfolio. I guess he'll explain all about that.

Anyone on hear going? I'm not :)

We should be storming the bloody turnstiles to let him know what we think of this shIt. Brilliant timing, as ever: look at me, I'm successful...meanwhile the turds he employs continue to sink us to depths unimaginable 18 months ago. Why the ***** he didn't postpone this I have no idea. And he always looks uncomfortable talking on screen or in public. Unless he's carrying round a trophy (which he deserved the plaudits for) or going on about how he ( or more likely Pete Hargreaves) made loads of money.

1 hour ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

You eat Richmond sausages? Christ alive. 

Did you know the only part of a pig that traditionally wasn't used were the teeth? Until Richmond made sausages:)

My point is a simple one. Lansdown has ****** BCFC over. Great facilities I accept, Even better if you want to watch rugby. Or basketball. Or badminton. Or join a business club. Or have a ******* breakfast.

But really shit if what you want is football. I'm coming round to the thinking that you'd see more effort up on The Downs.

But hey, if you're happy to compromise your values and beliefs to enjoy the "other benefits" then carry on.

Oh make no mistake, there's plenty that I think isn't very good about the running of the club. The suppression of the clubs vocal support to a point where our home atmosphere is sterile and quiet, the lack of engagement with fans and the shady way the club go about the SLO stuff.. I'm not even that enamoured with the rebuild. In my opinion only the west stand is truly impressive.

I can see the importance of other revenue streams and use of our facilities though, even if it doesn't appear totally city related use.

7 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Look harder.

I've never bought the messiah bollocks. He might well have a successful business - outside of sport - but let's face it, he's not done well in sport.

Unless you count owning a stadium amongst that success. He must see Ashton Gate like I see a cashpoint machine :)

How I long for the days of Cooper and Jordan. No nonsense football where come win lose or draw you at least knew the players were up for it.

Ever see sub-standard players or just subs walking round the pitch at the end clapping like ******* seals?

Nope. Nor me. More like back on the pitch training.

Call this progress? I don't. This is now simply a money making franchise. And we're lining the pockets.

Bristol city has a long successful road ahead due to the hard work and money of SL. We are now becoming a self funding club and if you don't like the progress off the field or the new stadium then you are in a small minority. Things change and seems like you need to adapt to that change.

Bristol city own Ashton gate and bristol sport run the business !! How hard is it to work out why that is a good thing. ??

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

They don't own their satadium it's 75% owned by the council. 

and ???????????????????????? lansdown owns our satadium look at history and what happened north of the river and personally I couldnt give a sh** who owns the stadium I go to watch a good gam e of football which is on the decrease in our luxury home now

9 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

and ???????????????????????? lansdown owns our satadium look at history and what happened north of the river and personally I couldnt give a sh** who owns the stadium I go to watch a good gam e of football which is on the decrease in our luxury home now

No bristol city own Ashton gate. 

Move on wheels aren't square anymore!! 

1 minute ago, oldstandrobin said:

so please tell me...how do you see the immediate future ?

Off the field is absolutely the brightest future we've had since I've been going(1989, I know you've been longer). 

On the field like every other 92 clubs we are trying to find the right manager and when we do we will be going places as everything is set up for success .

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

Off the field is absolutely the brightest future we've had since I've been going(1989, I know you've been longer). 

On the field like every other 92 clubs we are trying to find the right manager and when we do we will be going places as everything is set up for success .

well Spoons, we agree on one thing, the right manager here could and would take us to our promised land but the problem we have is finding him, I wish I had your positivity and just hope that as a younger supporter you dont go through the disappointments I and others of my ilk have had to endure all our lives ( except for a magic period under AD )

1 minute ago, oldstandrobin said:

well Spoons, we agree on one thing, the right manager here could and would take us to our promised land but the problem we have is finding him, I wish I had your positivity and just hope that as a younger supporter you dont go through the disappointments I and others of my ilk have had to endure all our lives ( except for a magic period under AD )

So you are the lucky one , you've had that magic period and if that was to come round again this time  we would be better set up to last longer than one season.

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

So you are the lucky one , you've had that magic period and if that was to come round again this time  we would be better set up to last longer than one season.

I would not swop that time for anything, but football is fickle and dont be so sure about another time, nothing in football is guaranteed, especially in Bristol. If someone in 1980 was to tell me that in 2017 we would be fighting relegation with Burton Albion, I would have thought they were on LSD. Football has a habit of biting you on the bum. I could be haunting you from the grave in 20 years time as City play Ebbsfleet for promotion from the Championship !!!!!!!

Archived