IGNORED

Lack of pace.

CityCiderEd

Most of the teams that have played at AG this season always seem to have a few players that are blessed with genuine pace.When they break they seem to go from one end of the pitch to the other so quickly that we usually get caught out or we make a last ditch tackle to save the situation.

Because of this we have no out ball that can be played quickly either over the top or a through ball because we have no one with the pace to get clear.This problem is throughout the team and I think this lack of pace is a major problem.

I've recently watched a few old vids of a certain Dave Smith who was a real flying winger and boy could we do with someone like him now (showing my age a bit now). 

13 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Most of the teams that have played at AG this season always seem to have a few players that are blessed with genuine pace.When they break they seem to go from one end of the pitch to the other so quickly that we usually get caught out or we make a last ditch tackle to save the situation.

Because of this we have no out ball that can be played quickly either over the top or a through ball because we have no one with the pace to get clear.This problem is throughout the team and I think this lack of pace is a major problem.

I've recently watched a few old vids of a certain Dave Smith who was a real flying winger and boy could we do with someone like him now (showing my age a bit now). 

It's quite bad really. Not one of OUR strikers has any pace at all. Watching tomlin run is like watching a fat kid chasing a doughnut. Still undoubtedly has talent though

4 minutes ago, BCFChayden said:

It's quite bad really. Not one of OUR strikers has any pace at all. Watching tomlin run is like watching a fat kid chasing a doughnut. Still undoubtedly has talent though

But where as he doesn't always catch the ball.he always catches the doughnut.

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Norwich had an exceptionally fast front line.

O'Dowda and Bryan are our quickest, but not on that level. 

Still as Ivan Sproule and Junior Bent showed,  speed isn't everything. ..

That goal v Southampton for sproule shows you pace is an advantage

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Norwich had an exceptionally fast front line.

O'Dowda and Bryan are our quickest, but not on that level. 

Still as Ivan Sproule and Junior Bent showed,  speed isn't everything. ..

I agree that Norwich's Murphy looks quite a find with devastating pace - it he continues to develop, he could well be in the Premier League soon. Could not believe they subbed him.

1 minute ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I agree that Norwich's Murphy looks quite a find with devastating pace - it he continues to develop, he could well be in the Premier League soon. Could not believe they subbed him.

Nor could the Norwich fans!

1 minute ago, BCFChayden said:

If I remember rightly he nearly ran it out and had to turn around on his self? 

There was always the horrible possibility that he was going to miss the open goal, but safety first, he got about 4 feet away and side footed it in. :laugh:

23 minutes ago, BCFChayden said:

Nothing wrong with fat kids chasing doughnuts!!

1 minute ago, BCFChayden said:

How old are you? What's your real name? Bit worried now what do you do in your spare time? 

I'm as old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth. In my spare time I am a Bristol City fan.  I have a lot of spare time!

Ah, Dave Smith

As someone said one day about the great man 'all he does is run fast and cross the ball'

Great player, head was always down, he didn't need to look up, headed for the goal line as fast as he could, wand of a left foot whipped it in

When did football become complicated?

51 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

I shouldn't worry too much about that.

There are some of us here who remember Lou Peters, Ray Savino and even the ex-Paris St. Germain star, Jantzen Derrick! 

Archived