IGNORED

Beyond belief..?

PFree

I'm amazed that after a lucky win  there seems to be a strong sentiment for Johnson in? Within the last few weeks, thousands joined in with a Johnson out chant and here we are with a tide that's seemingly changing?

i have to be honest in that I feel the football this season is amongst the worst I have seen in my towards 30 years watching the City. Okay, there have been bad times before, but at the moment, I don't look forward to going to the Gate at all. I also hate being treated as though I am stupid by Ashton and LJ.

For the avoidance of doubt, LJ is not our Manager, he's our Chief Coach and is therefore responsible for the dross we are watching week in, week out? Ask yourself, what are we actually good at after so much LJ coaching???

I'll not be there on Friday as rather than boo, I'll vote with my feet - some will say that isn't supporting OUR team but for me the club is currently a shambles from top to bottom and I feel totally disillusioned.

Stay up,or not, under LJ, we'll not be coming back I am afraid, it's a sorry state of affairs...

I don't care who the coach is, I'll be there because it's my team. Through bad times and good times I'll be there. I'm not happy with how things are going and would welcome a change in coaching staff. If not I'll still be there. All the other stuff I don't really listen to. Bristol City have no right to be a great championship team or even a good one. There will be bad years and good ones. 

So anyway, you have every right to go. I can see it from your viewpoint as well but I won't leave just because we have a bad year or 5. Players and coaches come and go but fans are here for the long run. Maybe it's easier for me to say because I'm from a place where fans don't have nearly as much influence on sports as they do here and I've come into being a city fan not born one but it's my team through thick and thin and I think that's why we should all stick around. 

15 minutes ago, PFree said:

I'm amazed that after a lucky win  there seems to be a strong sentiment for Johnson in? Within the last few weeks, thousands joined in with a Johnson out chant and here we are with a tide that's seemingly changing?

i have to be honest in that I feel the football this season is amongst the worst I have seen in my towards 30 years watching the City. Okay, there have been bad times before, but at the moment, I don't look forward to going to the Gate at all. I also hate being treated as though I am stupid by Ashton and LJ.

For the avoidance of doubt, LJ is not our Manager, he's our Chief Coach and is therefore responsible for the dross we are watching week in, week out? Ask yourself, what are we actually good at after so much LJ coaching???

I'll not be there on Friday as rather than boo, I'll vote with my feet - some will say that isn't supporting OUR team but for me the club is currently a shambles from top to bottom and I feel totally disillusioned.

Stay up,or not, under LJ, we'll not be coming back I am afraid, it's a sorry state of affairs...

It's amazing how many won't be there on Friday for the game live on Sky.

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I don't care who the coach is, I'll be there because it's my team. Through bad times and good times I'll be there. I'm not happy with how things are going and would welcome a change in coaching staff. If not I'll still be there. All the other stuff I don't really listen to. Bristol City have no right to be a great championship team or even a good one. There will be bad years and good ones. 

So anyway, you have every right to go. I can see it from your viewpoint as well but I won't leave just because we have a bad year or 5. Players and coaches come and go but fans are here for the long run. Maybe it's easier for me to say because I'm from a place where fans don't have nearly as much influence on sports as they do here and I've come into being a city fan not born one but it's my team through thick and thin and I think that's why we should all stick around. 

You are confusing team with club, we have every right to voice our thoughts on our club and many old timers are Like me, are walking away in horror at the way its being run of late. If you don't like something do something about it or it will stay the same.

I don't believe for one second SL will do anything apart from ignore whats right in front of him and stick with his man where-ever that takes us. He may notice a decline in season ticket sales but he will not be to bothered as he is used to LJ wasting his money and will not sway from his belief that LJ can make us great even after we go down this season.

You of course are free to believe in your "team" but you should look deeper to see where the problem is...........and it aint with the fans.

4 minutes ago, PFree said:

Many stayed away for the last couple of home games too - empty seats all over the place...

Near 18,000 against burton( who had 580 fans) means that all the season ticket holders plus about 2-3000 fans potd , so just who stayed away ?

2 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

You are confusing team with club, we have every right to voice our thoughts on our club and many old timers are Like me, are walking away in horror at the way its being run of late. If you don't like something do something about it or it will stay the same.

I don't believe for one second SL will do anything apart from ignore whats right in front of him and stick with his man where-ever that takes us. He may notice a decline in season ticket sales but he will not be to bothered as he is used to LJ wasting his money and will not sway from his belief that LJ can make us great even after we go down this season.

You of course are free to believe in your "team" but you should look deeper to see where the problem is...........and it aint with the fans.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for not being happy about the situation. I've never thought fans were the problem. I don't see how leaving helps the situation though. Especially as you've said SL seems to be ignoring the product on the pitch which should be the most important thing with the club.  I wouldn't dare compare my situation to yours but I have my opinion on it and you yours. 

36 minutes ago, PFree said:

Oh god, how many more tedious self obsessed posts are there going to be?  I can't take it anymore!  And why randomly post now??

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for not being happy about the situation. I've never thought fans were the problem. I don't see how leaving helps the situation though. Especially as you've said SL seems to be ignoring the product on the pitch which should be the most important thing with the club.  I wouldn't dare compare my situation to yours but I have my opinion on it and you yours. 

for me not going registers with me how I feel, which is not liking what SL/MA/LJ has and continues to do to my club; continuing to go would register with me that I support what they are doing....I don't....big broom required i.m.o.

5 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Near 18,000 against burton( who had 580 fans) means that all the season ticket holders plus about 2-3000 fans potd , so just who stayed away ?

The Burton game and subsequent dismissal of the wrong man on the Monday was the final straw for me. I won't be attending again until LJ is removed.

I know I'm not the only one to have taken this regrettable course of action. 

We're sleepwalking towards relegation. It's so painfully obvious to me. I'm sure you and others will see the same in due course.

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The Burton game and subsequent dismissal of the wrong man on the Monday was the final straw for me. I won't be attending again until LJ is removed.

I know I'm not the only one to have taken this regrettable course of action. 

We're sleepwalking towards relegation. It's so painfully obvious to me. I'm sure you and others will see the same in due course.

Blackburn, burton and wolves all picking up valuable points and Forest now have Warburton.

i only see one outcome 

Four of us won't be there but as we have paid our money they think I am. How Very strange. Johnson out ASAP.  Look what Mowbray is doing with Blackburn.  Good on them. At least they made a change and making a fight of it. Massive game Fri if it goes wrong and Blackburn win on Sat there will be a gap of 4 pts. Huge at this time of the season. Sadly we are getting what we deserve.  

17 minutes ago, Spoons said:

The attendance given includes all season ticket holders so the club are not announcing the actual "through the turnstile" attendance.

Estimates vary about the actual numbers in the ground against Norwich but it is clear that between 2 and 4 thousand season ticket holders stayed away. The club will know this number so the silent protest by absenteeism is not going unnoticed.

4 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

Four of us won't be there but as we have paid our money they think I am. How Very strange. Johnson out ASAP.  Look what Mowbray is doing with Blackburn.  Good on them. At least they made a change and making a fight of it. Massive game Fri if it goes wrong and Blackburn win on Sat there will be a gap of 4 pts. Huge at this time of the season. Sadly we are getting what we deserve.  

Burton have a very winnable home game v Brentford too. Very real prospect we could be all but dead and buried by the end of the PNE away game IMO. Need to muster at least 4 pts from the next 3 (Hudds, B'ford, PNE).

Yes people are attending and supporting  the team and it's looking like the players are playing for the shirt,  but probably not LJ!

The numbers never add up as we all know, if ST holders don't turn up the spin driven computers still count them as present - if the system was challenged as in the event of an emergency, then I am sure the true figures would be instantly available.  But the fans don't matter a shit and are considered idiots, that's why they get away with the attendance lie every match day!

look at the results and perhaps the opinions of the pundits, its universally stated that we are not where we should be in the league with the squad we have, so once again its decisions at board level that prevent us doing better - just imagine British Airospace appointing a YTS as their daily operations controller?

18 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

For the Burton game there were 15,200 fans in the stadium, despite 18,000 plus tickets being sold. THATS how many stayed away.

How did you get the numbers, and could you get them for previous games - it might be interesting to plot the stayaways against our form/position.

3 minutes ago, john from high littleton said:

I supported this club (as did many others) when we were bottom of the old 4th division. So although I'm not happy with the position we are in presently. I find it hard to empathise with anyone who describes bottom of the Championship as an all time low!!! 

ask rovers what a recent all time low was.

Archived