IGNORED

Beyond belief..?

PFree

21 hours ago, PFree said:

I'm amazed that after a lucky win  there seems to be a strong sentiment for Johnson in? Within the last few weeks, thousands joined in with a Johnson out chant and here we are with a tide that's seemingly changing?

i have to be honest in that I feel the football this season is amongst the worst I have seen in my towards 30 years watching the City. Okay, there have been bad times before, but at the moment, I don't look forward to going to the Gate at all. I also hate being treated as though I am stupid by Ashton and LJ.

For the avoidance of doubt, LJ is not our Manager, he's our Chief Coach and is therefore responsible for the dross we are watching week in, week out? Ask yourself, what are we actually good at after so much LJ coaching???

I'll not be there on Friday as rather than boo, I'll vote with my feet - some will say that isn't supporting OUR team but for me the club is currently a shambles from top to bottom and I feel totally disillusioned.

Stay up,or not, under LJ, we'll not be coming back I am afraid, it's a sorry state of affairs...

I think most people are disillusioned but I'll never understand this 'vote with your feet' concept. It just doesn't make sense. You end up supporting your team and you do that no matter what. Fair enough you may choose to stop paying to watch every week but does that mean you stop looking at the scores etc. If you're a fan of City surely you're a fan whether you watch every game or not?

Just out of interest and all hypothetical of course but if we survive and end up having a great start to the season and manage to keep it going after November (unlike this season) will your view of LJ change or is it set in stone?

14 hours ago, citywest30 said:

I think most people are disillusioned but I'll never understand this 'vote with your feet' concept. It just doesn't make sense. You end up supporting your team and you do that no matter what. Fair enough you may choose to stop paying to watch every week but does that mean you stop looking at the scores etc. If you're a fan of City surely you're a fan whether you watch every game or not?

Just out of interest and all hypothetical of course but if we survive and end up having a great start to the season and manage to keep it going after November (unlike this season) will your view of LJ change or is it set in stone?

Hi citywest,

A group of us travel over from South Wales to every game and several of us have been ST holders for circa 20 years, but we've been supporting City for close on 30. We appreciate there will always be ups and down supporting our club, but recently and over many months, any enjoyment linked to coming to the Gate and following City has all but gone - the football is supposed to represent a form of entertainment but in reality we play a 10 man defence every week and even then ship multiple goals.

We also hate being treated as though we are stupid, plus to be left with a feeling that we are customers rather than fans. The post game LJ comments and Ashton comments are unbelievable,.

This whole situation has been appallingly mishandled, it certainly doesn't smack of a well run club, indeed the opposite. We all got excited with the new stadium but in reality, what use is that platform without a competent Coach or Manager who can assemble and organise a team capable of taking us to the next level?

We travelled up to Newcastle recently and enjoyed the weekend away, it was like the old days, but overall, we are totally baffled by the lack of organisation, desire and commitment - for me this is a case where past results are representative of what we can expect going forward.

The one person I do feel for is SL, for me he's doing his best and I can understand why he tried his best to stick by LJ, sadly, only to be let down like the rest of us.

Will our opinion change, yes, possibly, but as a group will we buy ST's with the prospect of more LJ, whatever the division we find ourselves in, most certainly no. We will come back for the odd big game next year but will select the odd one only.

I'll be there on Friday to support the team, few beers before and after, cracking Friday.

Landsdown is clearly gambling on survival under Johnson so that his (Landsdowns) reputation is as someone who will stick by a manager and not panic.  He might have done it with cotts is he hadn't acted like such a petulant, spoilt child.  He's a risk taker which is partly why he's worth billions.  But it's looking like a big risk at the moment.  At the end of the day the club we all support is his train set.

We've only had a few dire games this season where Johnsons has got it badly wrong with formations and substitutions, he's a young manager and he's bound to make mistakes.  The rest we've lost by fine margins.  Anyone that says different is being melodramatic.  We've been an average league one club for the majority of the 25 odd years I've been watching and played some dire football. 

Personally I would had sacked him weeks ago but we would have probably ended up in the same position again in 12 months time!

5 hours ago, PFree said:

Hi citywest,

A group of us travel over from South Wales to every game and several of us have been ST holders for circa 20 years, but we've been supporting City for close on 30. We appreciate there will always be ups and down supporting our club, but recently and over many months, any enjoyment linked to coming to the Gate and following City has all but gone - the football is supposed to represent a form of entertainment but in reality we play a 10 man defence every week and even then ship multiple goals.

We also hate being treated as though we are stupid, plus to be left with a feeling that we are customers rather than fans. The post game LJ comments and Ashton comments are unbelievable,.

This whole situation has been appallingly mishandled, it certainly doesn't smack of a well run club, indeed the opposite. We all got excited with the new stadium but in reality, what use is that platform without a competent Coach or Manager who can assemble and organise a team capable of taking us to the next level?

We travelled up to Newcastle recently and enjoyed the weekend away, it was like the old days, but overall, we are totally baffled by the lack of organisation, desire and commitment - for me this is a case where past results are representative of what we can expect going forward.

The one person I do feel for is SL, for me he's doing his best and I can understand why he tried his best to stick by LJ, sadly, only to be let down like the rest of us.

Will our opinion change, yes, possibly, but as a group will we buy ST's with the prospect of more LJ, whatever the division we find ourselves in, most certainly no. We will come back for the odd big game next year but will select the odd one only.

Fair enough. That's a big commitment both time wise and financially and I completely understand you choosing to stop whilst things are as poor as they've been the last few months. Surely you will still support the team tho? I feel like mistakes have been made and just hope that LJ has learnt from them and turns the corner. At the end of the day we all want the team to do well. Like you said I bet SL is as frustrated as the rest of us. I'm sure LJ is trying is best. It may be that that proves to be not enough but I admire SL for giving him a good go.

10 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

Fair enough. That's a big commitment both time wise and financially and I completely understand you choosing to stop whilst things are as poor as they've been the last few months. Surely you will still support the team tho? I feel like mistakes have been made and just hope that LJ has learnt from them and turns the corner. At the end of the day we all want the team to do well. Like you said I bet SL is as frustrated as the rest of us. I'm sure LJ is trying is best. It may be that that proves to be not enough but I admire SL for giving him a good go.

Yes mate, will continue to support and look out for results, I just fear the club is now hurting their hard core supporters and that for me is worrying..

Archived