IGNORED

Beyond belief..?

PFree

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I don't care who the coach is, I'll be there because it's my team. Through bad times and good times I'll be there. I'm not happy with how things are going and would welcome a change in coaching staff. If not I'll still be there. All the other stuff I don't really listen to. Bristol City have no right to be a great championship team or even a good one. There will be bad years and good ones. 

So anyway, you have every right to go. I can see it from your viewpoint as well but I won't leave just because we have a bad year or 5. Players and coaches come and go but fans are here for the long run. Maybe it's easier for me to say because I'm from a place where fans don't have nearly as much influence on sports as they do here and I've come into being a city fan not born one but it's my team through thick and thin and I think that's why we should all stick around. 

Not being disrespectful Joe as you are old as you are and hence followed for the time you have , but please understand I'll respect those sentiments if you are still saying them in 40 years time ,  as a lot of us who are p****d off are fed up with the constant balls up at his club are at that time / point

No wonder Lansdown appears comfortable getting relegated again 

There's already a queue to buy season tickets for next years likely debacle with the YTS coach at the wheel 

2 hours ago, Spoons said:

Near 18,000 against burton( who had 580 fans) means that all the season ticket holders plus about 2-3000 fans potd , so just who stayed away ?

Your being dis-ingenious there as you know full well that season ticket sales get counted whether they attend or not.

1 hour ago, dave36 said:

Yes people are attending and supporting  the team and it's looking like the players are playing for the shirt,  but probably not LJ!

The numbers never add up as we all know, if ST holders don't turn up the spin driven computers still count them as present - if the system was challenged as in the event of an emergency, then I am sure the true figures would be instantly available.  But the fans don't matter a shit and are considered idiots, that's why they get away with the attendance lie every match day!

look at the results and perhaps the opinions of the pundits, its universally stated that we are not where we should be in the league with the squad we have, so once again its decisions at board level that prevent us doing better - just imagine British Airospace appointing a YTS as their daily operations controller?

The counting of season ticket holders in the attendance whether they're there or not is commonly used by clubs all over the country, indeed it may even be a league rule.

8 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The Burton game and subsequent dismissal of the wrong man on the Monday was the final straw for me. I won't be attending again until LJ is removed.

I know I'm not the only one to have taken this regrettable course of action. 

We're sleepwalking towards relegation. It's so painfully obvious to me. I'm sure you and others will see the same in due course.

That is also the stand I'm taking, but my self imposed boycott starting before the Burton game.

7 hours ago, Northern Red said:

The counting of season ticket holders in the attendance whether they're there or not is commonly used by clubs all over the country, indeed it may even be a league rule.

The club need to publish the number of tickets sold - for tax purposes.

If only they would scrub this and publish the number turning up - for LJ bashing purposes.....

If this was an abusive relationship then Bristol City would be the abuser, and the fans the victims. Yet, unless the victims leave the abusive situation and report the abuser then nothing will change. But, the victims 'love' the abuser unconditionally and will never leave them. They will support them forever because they chose them to love and believe that the love is reciprocated. 

The moral of this story is, if you want to make a change you cannot let things continue as they are without doing anything about it, no matter how much you love the Club, because at the moment you have been treated very badly and frankly deserve better for your unwavering loyalty!

#Boycottthegate

#Johnsonout

In terms of footballing ideas LJ said of JP "In terms of thinking we are very aligned and I look forward to a long relationship"......He also said "All player recruitment will come through me". 3 players out of the 19 recruited started the last game.....BS BS BS BS!!!!!!!! Clear as day. 

#Johnsonout 

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

If this was an abusive relationship then Bristol City would be the abuser, and the fans the victims. Yet, unless the victims leave the abusive situation and report the abuser then nothing will change. But, the victims 'love' the abuser unconditionally and will never leave them. They will support them forever because they chose them to love and believe that the love is reciprocated. 

The moral of this story is, if you want to make a change you cannot let things continue as they are without doing anything about it, no matter how much you love the Club, because at the moment you have been treated very badly and frankly deserve better for your unwavering loyalty!

#Boycottthegate

#Johnsonout

Psychologist and moralising approach now coming into the LJ out repertoire of arguments :facepalm:

Fans are victims of abuse, give it a rest - barrel scraping me thinks

12 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

Psychologist and moralising approach now coming into the LJ out repertoire of arguments :facepalm:

Fans are victims of abuse, give it a rest - barrel scraping me thinks

Well trying to spell out any other way that we are going down and it's time for a change isn't working, and anyway it's the fans negativity at the root of this problem so let's all get behind the team and happy clap some draws as we head full steam for league one with a driver who can't reach the pedals.

#Boycottthegate 

#Johnsonout 

#Goingdown

2 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Well trying to spell out any other way that we are going down and it's time for a change isn't working, and anyway it's the fans negativity at the root of this problem so let's all get behind the team and happy clap some draws as we head full steam for league one with a driver who can't reach the pedals.

I'm glad I don't live in your world because it sounds like it's a sad and dark place.

12 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

#Boycottthegate 

#Johnsonout 

#Goingdown

A polite request - can you please stop spamming every thread with this?

We get it, you're boycotting and think anyone who's still going is a happy clapper.

2 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

At the moment it is a very sad and dark place. The club I love is being destroyed by assholes!

How is it being destroyed by assholes?

I've supported this club since I was about 6 years old (so almost 3 decades) and we've barely had any success. The only time we've been close to the top division in my time is when GJ led us to the playoff final and thats about it...

Off the pitch looks good but overall what we are right now and have been is yo-yo championship/L1 side.

If this was said by a Coventry fan I'd agree with this quote but this for me is well OTT

15 hours ago, archie andrews said:

byesie bye.....

This is the kind of response that sums up what's wrong with our fan base... a long time City fan basically says "I've had enough" and rather than have a grown up discussion on the current situation of our club it's just a sarcastic comment. There's no sense of our fans sticking together, they'd rather just attempt to mock each other and argue, no wonder the club is such a mess, how can a board please thousands of fans who can't even collectively say "this is what we want".

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

This is the kind of response that sums up what's wrong with our fan base... a long time City fan basically says "I've had enough" and rather than have a grown up discussion on the current situation of our club it's just a sarcastic comment. There's no sense of our fans sticking together, they'd rather just attempt to mock each other and argue, no wonder the club is such a mess, how can a board please thousands of fans who can't even collectively say "this is what we want".

But then long time supporters say they will continue to support the team and are accused of being the enemy, get abused and labelled happy clappers (not just on here)

Either way, you cannot win which way you go

4 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

#Boycottthegate

#Johnsonout

I feel like I'm in some kind of Derren Brown experiment where he controls the crowd by suggestion and diversion tactics (similar to that one he did when he convinced the crowd to attack that man). The only difference being that when we wake up, we have been relegated.

26 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

If we do stay up and we do well next season under LJ (talking midtable and above) but overall progression on the field, will the boycotters come back?

A scenario only but as we are not relegated right now, I feel its a question to pose

Not for me, next season anyway.

26 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

But then long time supporters say they will continue to support the team and are accused of being the enemy, get abused and labelled happy clappers (not just on here)

Either way, you cannot win which way you go

You know that is not true, it's been pointed out to you numerous time in other threads. Everyone supports the team, that does not mean you have to support the manager - the "happy clapper" etc was and is aimed at those whole still back LJ on faith alone with no real argument as to why we should keep him (and I would add you in that camp based on the majority of your posts, though over the last few weeks your position on him remaining has seemed to soften).

9 minutes ago, Fiale said:

You know that is not true, it's been pointed out to you numerous time in other threads. Everyone supports the team, that does not mean you have to support the manager - the "happy clapper" etc was and is aimed at those whole still back LJ on faith alone with no real argument as to why we should keep him (and I would add you in that camp based on the majority of your posts, though over the last few weeks your position on him remaining has seemed to soften).

Like I have said before (numerous times), I support the club not the manager... managers come and go but I will back LJ up until that point as he is a part of this club.

As you are so observant on my posts, I'm a little surprised you have missed this but my guess is you just ignored this as this post would be redundant

53 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

If we do stay up and we do well next season under LJ (talking midtable and above) but overall progression on the field, will the boycotters come back?

A scenario only but as we are not relegated right now, I feel its a question to pose

Not me.  I've grown completely detached from the club this season.  29 years of pain, joy and broken hearts, but this ones broke me like no other.

15 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

The attendance given includes all season ticket holders so the club are not announcing the actual "through the turnstile" attendance.

Estimates vary about the actual numbers in the ground against Norwich but it is clear that between 2 and 4 thousand season ticket holders stayed away. The club will know this number so the silent protest by absenteeism is not going unnoticed.

Think a few on here are assuming everyone who isnt at a match was "staying away" to prove a point.

Theres very few games where the actual attendance is as stated because people miss games.

I missed the Reading, Rotherham and Norwich games and it was not a form of protest in any shape or form.

There are also some claiming the attendances stated by the club are more than the actual number deliberately as a form of "propaganda" which it isnt, all clubs will announce the number of tickets sold, this will include season tickets regardless of if they turn up or not, but is a practice followed at clubs regardless of if they are doing well or struggling.

19 hours ago, Spoons said:

Near 18,000 against burton( who had 580 fans) means that all the season ticket holders plus about 2-3000 fans potd , so just who stayed away ?

STH holder are always counted regardless of whether they attend. It's plain to see a lot of empty seats in the stadium and quite a few STH around me have not attended for at least 3 games.

4 hours ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Like I have said before (numerous times), I support the club not the manager... managers come and go but I will back LJ up until that point as he is a part of this club.

As you are so observant on my posts, I'm a little surprised you have missed this but my guess is you just ignored this as this post would be redundant

Sometimes in life you got to make a stand.

My political view are with the Labour Party but I will never vote for them for as long has Corbin is leader.  I voted in every local , national and Euro elections since I was 18 and I have always voted Labour.

At the next election I will not vote even if it means letting the Tories in. 

I feel the same way about City , we need to get rid of the leader and get some one in who can actually do the job.

Archived