IGNORED

Next Season

Jurassic

Assuming we manage to stay up (not a given) what do we have to look forward to next season? We have a squad of players well able to hold their own in The Championship but as far as coaching goes this is where we fail. So what is the solution? SL can't be faulted for his commitment to BCFC but he clearly has no idea about football and should leave that side well alone. MA.....the jury is still out. LJ has been consistently bad, even stupidly so, all season. So what next??????

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

As a counter assumption. What if we are relegated? 

One win, however good it was, plus the last minute winner at Wigan, does not mean we have turned the corner.

It does not, but 2 relegation spots are as good as gone.

For the remaining one there are 4 sides trying to stay up, and one of those have less points than us, while the others have to overcome an 8 and 11 goal difference deficit compared to us.

Yes, we could go down, but rather than as you try and swing it, we actually have the most favourable chance of staying up out of the sides scrapping it out.

9 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

As a counter assumption. What if we are relegated? 

One win, however good it was, plus the last minute winner at Wigan, does not mean we have turned the corner.

I think most teams would regard 8 points from the last 4 games as grounds for hoping that a corner has been turned, however much that doesn't fit with your agenda. 

16 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

It does not, but 2 relegation spots are as good as gone.

For the remaining one there are 4 sides trying to stay up, and one of those have less points than us, while the others have to overcome an 8 and 11 goal difference deficit compared to us.

Yes, we could go down, but rather than as you try and swing it, we actually have the most favourable chance of staying up out of the sides scrapping it out.

Why do you believe that we have the most favourable chance of staying up? Alright, we've just won two on the bounce, one with a scrappy win at Wigan and the second a great win against Huddersfield.

But what if our away form returns to normal at Brentford and then Wolves, one of our eternal nemesis teams, win their third away win in a row? I'm not being pessimistic, just realistic.

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think most teams would regard 8 points from the last 4 games as grounds for hoping that a corner has been turned, however much that doesn't fit with your agenda. 

I don't have an agenda. I desperately want us to stay up but the longevity of my support of city tells me that if our league status is saveable, this Club has a horrible habit of cocking it up.

Just now, cidered abroad said:

I don't have an agenda. I desperatly ant us to stay up but the longevity of my support of city tells me that if our league status is saveable, this Club has a horrible habit of cocking it up.

I see where you are coming from..! 

Have faith. Hopefully we've cracked it..!! 

Just now, cidered abroad said:

Why do you believe that we have the most favourable chance of staying up? Alright, we've just won two on the bounce, one with a s crappy win at Wigan and the second a great win against Huddersfield.

But what if our away form returns to normal at Brentford and than Wolves, one of our eternal nemesis teams, win their third away win in a row? I'm not being pessimistic, just realistic.

I literally just told you why we have the most favourable chance. We are in the best position out of the 4 times likely to go down, first by having more points than Blackburn, then by having a vastly better goal difference than Burton and Forest.

We also have an easier run-in than Burton, and Blackburn, so a greater chance of picking up more points then them there.

Yes, you are a pessimist, not a realist, you are choosing to look at everything in the worst possible way, that is not being realistic, that is being pessimistic.

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I don't have an agenda. I desperately want us to stay up but the longevity of my support of city tells me that if our league status is saveable, this Club has a horrible habit of cocking it up.

utter crap with regards to recent seasons.

2-3 seasons before our last relegation and last year all forgotten?

Not consistently bad. LJ did a good job from August-October and in March, That's 4 out of the 7 months the season has been going.

I still believe in LJ as a coach and feel like our squad will only improve due to the age factor and the whole set-up will benefit from coming through the losing run.

7 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Not consistently bad. LJ did a good job from August-October and in March, That's 4 out of the 7 months the season has been going.

I still believe in LJ as a coach and feel like our squad will only improve due to the age factor and the whole set-up will benefit from coming through the losing run.

Let's not forget the impressive 2nd half to last season either. 

I can understand people not being happy between Oct-Feb, but how can some people not see the flip side of that period, during the rest of LJ tenure..?! 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Let's not forget the impressive 2nd half to last season either. 

I can understand people not being happy between Oct-Feb, but how can some people not see the flip side of that period, during the rest of LJ tenure..?! 

They've made up their minds and don't like to see signs of being proven wrong in recent weeks for whatever reason, so continue their blatant agendas. Very sad.

1 hour ago, JHAGa said:

cheers steve

1 hour ago, JHAGa said:

and who will be carrying Wilbs and Abs mantle next season, because it looks like they may have just saved our arses this season, but that has still to be confirmed.

1 hour ago, JHAGa said:

They've made up their minds and don't like to see signs of being proven wrong in recent weeks for whatever reason, so continue their blatant agendas. Very sad.

a few weeks does not make a good season, nor does the prayers that there just maybe 3 worse teams than us in this div. We have chucked our advantage away before this season and could yet do it again.

4 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

a few weeks does not make a good season, nor does the prayers that there just maybe 3 worse teams than us in this div. We have chucked our advantage away before this season and could yet do it again.

I haven't at any point said it's been a good season. But I won't completely rule LJ out like some.

Let's hope we find replacements for Abraham and Wilbs (Djuric?). We certainly left LJ in the lurch by not replacing Kodjia, so hopefully the same mistakes won't be repeated.

7 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Let's not count any chickens yet .

in what sense is looking the past positives (rather than exclusively looking at the negative ones) counting chickens?

BS3 hasn't made any sort of bold prediction in that post, just said to look at the overall results of LJ here, rather than focusing on the negative spell

16 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Let's hope we find replacements for Abraham and Wilbs (Djuric?). We certainly left LJ in the lurch by not replacing Kodjia, so hopefully the same mistakes won't be repeated.

Don't you mean something more along the lines of...we certainly left LJ in the lurch by undertaking and unprecedented amount of incoming transfer activity that the club has seen in more than recent years, both in the summer and January transfer windows....?

3 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

I haven't at any point said it's been a good season. But I won't completely rule LJ out like some.

So it's Friday night....

" We  certainly left LJ in the lurch by not replacing Kodjia" mmm! Really ? That young lad that wears the number 9 shirt has done OK!!

The highest scoring teenager ever in this league - Tammy is going to be a superstar - but it is utterly SHAMEFUL that we are in the position we are in with him in the team.

31 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Let's hope we find replacements for Abraham and Wilbs (Djuric?).

We certainly left LJ in the lurch by not replacing Kodjia, so hopefully the same mistakes won't be repeated.

You still using this ?

:facepalm:

As I've pointed out before as LJ has stated himself the decision whether to keep or sell JK was his and ashtons  - SL left it to them

So if he was sold without a replacement blame those two 

If we had been half professional we would have agreed to sell JK on the proviso we acquired a replacement first , if that's what we wanted

oh yes I forgot - you claim SL and LJ both lied about this !

1 hour ago, Rednwhiterob said:

We have a squad forum  bloated full of mediocrity negativity.  We're They think we are  going down next season.

10 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

in what sense is looking the past positives (rather than exclusively looking at the negative ones) counting chickens?

BS3 hasn't made any sort of bold prediction in that post, just said to look at the overall results of LJ here, rather than focusing on the negative spell

James, with all respect, there is still a reasonable chance that we may may be relegated. I  believe that this situation should never have even been closely possible, but that is where we are.

It is utterly clear to anyone that understands the game that the current Head Coach should be nowhere near a Championship team.

The reason he is in that position is subject to many opinions, however the facts are clear - maybe one day he will be able to do a job at this level, now is not that time.

Archived