IGNORED

Hey Steve Do You Still Believe?

REDOXO

We all saw that yesterday. I would have been apoplectic if I had been you! I watched the 16 year olds in 82 fight for everything and yesterday I watched abject failure. I'm sure you noticed?

Your manager is completely out of his depth! Your team were simply awful except for the goalkeeper! Your money has clearly been wasted, until this manager resigns or you send him On gardening leave!

This farce has got to end soon. How are season ticket sales going? Sales around the club shop or in the ground? Not good I suspect. There is one place where sales are going well, that is for 1000s of supporters to follow that utter rubbish away from home. The support for you and your choice of head coach has been immense and yet you make statements about the support needing to get behind the team. They have to give us something too it's symbiotic. Yesterday we got nothing from the players and the club, nothing!

As you felt it necessary to fire the only man within the club that had a clue, nice job there, we are now in a huge bind that you have deliberately put us in.

The vast majority of supporters are behind you, but many won't comment for fear you may take your ball back, however these are the same people who come and don't let you down. You are let down by your hand picked men. LJ has no credibility left in football neither does Mark Ashton who I am sure can persude some other club to employ him even after this 

It may be past the point of no return, hey maybe LJ can find three teams worse than the one you all created, but good luck rebuilding the bridges you and your team of club officials have burned

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I would have been apoplectic if I had been you! I watched the 16 year olds in 82 fight for everything

There's the rub. Lansdown wasn't here in 82. He'd never heard of us/realised we were an opportunity for reflected glory. He has no connection whatsoever with the club in the days before he worked his way in, first as financial director then up the ladder, talking about how he had no intentions of becoming chairman etc. He has no truck with 76, 82, 89/90, nothing that he can't take the credit for. He's all about him. This is his club, we are being sidelined and in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years more of us will see that. But for now, like him, some of us can't see the wood for the trees. He can't see how Johnson is pulling at the fibres of this team and club, unravelling it week by week. This could take years to reverse.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

By tomorrow morning at 10.00am, the club and SL will know how many have renewed ST's.

But much more weight will be given to those who have decided not to renew until either we know which league we'll be in or when Johnson walks out of the Club, never to return.

A few days ago, I, like many others, received a rather terse message that informed me there were 5 days until I would lose my seat.

Well it's now about 14 hours until the club lose my few hundred quid which usually would be heading their way.

He's done more for the club than anyone. But at the same time he's presided over the appointment of Mclnnes, Cottrell and now Johnson all of whom have proved to be out of their depth in this league. You can't go from pushing a handcart to driving a juggernaut, it's just not feasible. Whatever happens this season, the club needs to appoint  someone with the experience to manage in the Championship. So it will cost, but what does it cost to drop a division? We've  a 27000 seater stadium ready to fill and the prospect of only the derby with  Rovers filling it if the worst fears are realised. After Huddersfield I thought the prospect of relegation had receeded but Saturday's performance shows that the more things change the more they stay the same.  

35 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

A few days ago, I, like many others, received a rather terse message that informed me there were 5 days until I would lose my seat.

Well it's now about 14 hours until the club lose my few hundred quid which usually would be heading their way.

and it still will!

24 minutes ago, 1953 said:

He's done more for the club than anyone. But at the same time he's presided over the appointment of Mclnnes, Cottrell and now Johnson all of whom have proved to be out of their depth in this league. You can't go from pushing a handcart to driving a juggernaut, it's just not feasible. Whatever happens this season, the club needs to appoint  someone with the experience to manage in the Championship. So it will cost, but what does it cost to drop a division? We've  a 27000 seater stadium ready to fill and the prospect of only the derby with  Rovers filling it if the worst fears are realised. After Huddersfield I thought the prospect of relegation had receeded but Saturday's performance shows that the more things change the more they stay the same.  

Agree but SC was the correct post as results showed.

7 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

My Prediction:

If we stay up - Johnson will be sacked

If we do go down - Johnson will still be in charge

My prediction :

If we stay up - Johnson won't be sacked.

If we down - Johnson won't go down.

What I want and what should happen - Johnson should be fired today

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

By tomorrow morning at 10.00am, the club and SL will know how many have renewed ST's.

But much more weight will be given to those who have decided not to renew until either we know which league we'll be in or when Johnson walks out of the Club, never to return.

Unfortunately we have a soft majority who will blindly renew no matter how much shit this manager and owner spout. The time for fans to unite and oust this manager has gone and many will happily lap another season of failure.

12 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Unfortunately we have a soft majority who will blindly renew no matter how much shit this manager and owner spout. The time for fans to unite and oust this manager has gone and many will happily lap another season of failure.

I get what you are saying. I really really do. I've just renewed this evening, but not blindly, just purely based upon the 'match day experience' (ie going to the pub before and after the game with mates and not having to go shopping with the ladies of the house!) as opposed to any show of support to Lansdown and especially not to LJ.  Was a very hollow feeling seeing that money leave my account but just can't imagine a season without it. Fair play to all, whatever choices you decide to make. I don't doubt that the club will be getting a bit of a shock when they see the figures tomorrow morning. 

1 hour ago, 1953 said:

This is the difficult position I find myself in. 

I am grateful for the redevelopment of Ashton Gate, buts about where it ends. He's hopeless when it comes to football. 

The best thing he could do is just step back with somebody proven in the Champ/prem coming in . Yes it will cost, but he's a billionaire!

If you genuinely cared you would do it.

He has done a lot for this club but then he's always looked for a cheap option. I.e bringing DM,SOD,SC even Johnson.

give us someone who has the qualities to take us places even if it's away from the bottom 10.

I want a exciting season with no worry of going down. We have everything for that except a decent manager.

is it really much to ask for??

11 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

@lenred Brilliant post mate. I am angry as **** but its a personal choice and we ARE all fans.

Yes we are, and this fan has decided that i am not giving any more of my money to a blithering idiot to spunk up against a wall trying to fulfill his ego trip.

40 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Blimey @REDOXO. Remind me never to wind you up in a dark alley! This is the 3rd angry post from you I've seen recently! Watch out SL and LJ if we go down and they are still about when Oxo next comes to town!

Now have a nice cold beer and wait for all this to blow over... :thumbsup:

I will Peg! :laugh:!

25 minutes ago, lenred said:

I get what you are saying. I really really do. I've just renewed this evening, but not blindly, just purely based upon the 'match day experience' (ie going to the pub before and after the game with mates and not having to go shopping with the ladies of the house!) as opposed to any show of support to Lansdown and especially not to LJ.  Was a very hollow feeling seeing that money leave my account but just can't imagine a season without it. Fair play to all, whatever choices you decide to make. I don't doubt that the club will be getting a bit of a shock when they see the figures tomorrow morning. 

It is an individual decision and like has been said we are all fans. I have no other means of sending the club a message that the status quo is unacceptable. SL has burnt his bridges with his nepotism, ignorance and hostility to the fans just to support his useless mate. Many won't even question our failings but many have had a gutful.

Archived