IGNORED

Click and Collect Beer service

Super

19 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

I prefer this idea.

Our system alongside that system could be amazing. I've heard the cups are quite expensive though...

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Thanks for the reply @Mkelly granted I logged in early, but chose as if I was buying at AG8.

Assume it will be changed for Saturday? Look forward to giving it a go as I always get lumbered with the half time round

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Thanks for the reply @Mkelly granted I logged in early, but chose as if I was buying at AG8.

Assume it will be changed for Saturday? Look forward to giving it a go as I always get lumbered with the half time round

Thanks for responding @Mkelly. You're absolutely right. This is not how the system will work on Saturday. 

You're spot on @phantom - this will be changed by Saturday. It's a legacy feature from a previous customer who added a fee. This will not be applied at Ashton Gate. Thanks

I'll have to ask my kids what an "app" is, will I still be able to pay by good old cash and will it cost me more if I do? as it is I'm paying 33% more on buses if I pay by cash, do no-one think of us old 'uns who are not up to date modern technology? Anyway my electrics just gone so I'd better put a Shilling in the meter

7 minutes ago, harrys said:

I'll have to ask my kids what an "app" is, will I still be able to pay by good old cash and will it cost me more if I do? as it is I'm paying 33% more on buses if I pay by cash, do no-one think of us old 'uns who are not up to date modern technology? Anyway my electrics just gone so I'd better put a Shilling in the meter

Hi Harrys,

Yep - you'll be able to pay by good old cash! The bar we are piloting (Dolman 2 - the one next to the turnstiles) will remain exactly the same - with the usual number of tills. However, on the far left and far right of the bar will be Fast Lanes for the app users. It's a bit like ordering interval drinks at the theatre - but on a BIG scale!

The app is very easy to use, and there will be helpers on site on Saturday (including myself). Do come and say hi! But I would suggest you get someone to set the app up for you BEFORE Saturday - in case there is poor internet connectivity. Once set up - the app doesn't need connectivity to work. But you'll need to download it in the first instance.

Thanks

Adam

1 hour ago, Adam SwipeStation said:

Hi Harrys,

Yep - you'll be able to pay by good old cash! The bar we are piloting (Dolman 2 - the one next to the turnstiles) will remain exactly the same - with the usual number of tills. However, on the far left and far right of the bar will be Fast Lanes for the app users. It's a bit like ordering interval drinks at the theatre - but on a BIG scale!

The app is very easy to use, and there will be helpers on site on Saturday (including myself). Do come and say hi! But I would suggest you get someone to set the app up for you BEFORE Saturday - in case there is poor internet connectivity. Once set up - the app doesn't need connectivity to work. But you'll need to download it in the first instance.

Thanks

Adam

Thanks Adam, no intention of paying for anything other than by cash, I'm old fashioned and do not trust any form of payment other than good old Wonga which I will try to resist as much as I can to my dying day, I know I'm in a growing minority but thanks for the advice

16 hours ago, cheesleywalksoncider said:

I've got to say this looks like a good idea. I've just downloaded the app and plan to give it a whirl on Saturday. I hope this technology becomes more mainstream as queuing for beers is a pain in the neck. Adam are there plans to roll this out to pubs and bars.

Thanks for your support. we're focusing on stadiums at the moment as people visit them every week - so they're more likely to download an app and add their card details. Also, we offer the only mobile payment solution that doesn't require an internet connection - which is more relevant in stadiums than bars. 

The pints get served quick enough anyhow in the South Stand if you go to one of the dedicated beer kiosk and not one that does food and beer.

Although i think they are pre poured witch makes it flat by the time you go to drink or is that just because its rubbish beer.

11 minutes ago, cityboy99 said:

The pints get served quick enough anyhow in the South Stand if you go to one of the dedicated beer kiosk and not one that does food and beer.

Although i think they are pre poured witch makes it flat by the time you go to drink or is that just because its rubbish beer.

Using the app enables you to order everything on the menu apart from hot food and drinks - at this time. I can't comment on pre-pouring as that's down to the Ashton Gate bar managers.

• Admin

How did everyone get on with this on Saturday?

The app still showed the additional fee but when paying I wasn't charged for it

Oddly the QR code on my phone was "too big" so the QR reader was unable to read the order

Have to say the guy on hand was really helpful and resolved the problem - like I said to him sadly with IT things have a habit of going wrong sometimes so best to find the glitches early on

What I did like - (as I was having problems getting the drinks, someone else bought the round in), the receipt I had meant I just had to go straight to the front of the queue. This is something I would find really useful - buy the drinks before the game and then straight to collect the drinks

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

What I did like - (as I was having problems getting the drinks, someone else bought the round in), the receipt I had meant I just had to go straight to the front of the queue. This is something I would find really useful - buy the drinks before the game and then straight to collect the drinks

Surely once you "purchase" them they are poured? so they'd just be sat around waiting for you? 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Oddly the QR code on my phone was "too big" so the QR reader was unable to read the order

Have to say the guy on hand was really helpful and resolved the problem - like I said to him sadly with IT things have a habit of going wrong sometimes so best to find the glitches early on

Phantom....glad it worked ok. As I live in Burnham and dont drink drive, can you pick me up for home games so I can experience this wonder of IT for myself :whistle::laughcont:

6 hours ago, phantom said:

Hi Phantom,

Thanks for your fair review. Like you say occasionally with IT things go wrong - especially at the beginning. I'm pleased to say that your's was the only example on the day of the QR code being enlarged by your phone - which we are looking into.

I cannot reiterate enough, however - YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED A PROCESSING FEE. We've fixed it completely on iphone and we are confident the fee won't show up on android. Even if it does - it's not real! It's just a visual bug.

Thanks for your patience while we iron this out.

Just curious - is anybody else who has a season ticket and whose only real purchase on match days is drink thinking like me that this is devaluing the season tickets further being that non-ST holders can now get the same level of discount?

Can't work out if I should feel a bit pissed off with this or not?

36 minutes ago, Neo said:

Just curious - is anybody else who has a season ticket and whose only real purchase on match days is drink thinking like me that this is devaluing the season tickets further being that non-ST holders can now get the same level of discount?

Can't work out if I should feel a bit pissed off with this or not?

I'm sure it's just an initial promotion to get people into it? The drawback for me is that I'd still have to go to the card or cash bar to get my dual ST discount! On some of our larger rounds that extra five percent is worth having! I'm not complaining though, the more we embrace tech when it comes to this sort of thing the better I say. 

Archived