IGNORED

Email from the club re non-renewal of season card

RedLionLad

On 12/04/2017 at 13:41, NickJ said:

Yes I have had this email and here is my reply to the online "customer feedback" questionnaire which can be completed, which includes the question "Reason you have not renewed":

Yes.

Performances and entertainment this season have been awful, not just the league position.

I think it is an insult to supporters who have had season tickets for many seasons, to not allow them to make their minds up at the end of the season, other wise they lose their seats. Existing season ticket holders could have been given the opportunity to move to currently vacant seats, but to offer seats of those who have not renewed, before the current season has even ended, is extremely poor form.

You did the same last season, and most people put up with it. There is a mood now that the fans do not have to be treated with such contempt.

I will not renew if at all, until I know who the manager is next season. It is interesting that under your headings of reason for non renewal, you have not included "Manager", when you will have seen all over social media that is the reason why many will not renew. I would suggest that if you wanted a true reflection of the reasons why thousands have chosen not to renew, this factor should have been included. Maybe you do not want this strength of feeling to be measured.

Many others will not renew until it is not known what division we will be in. 

Many will not be renewing no matter what.

This is not unreasonable.

The club view on this is the FIFO policy. Fit In or F#ck Off

31 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I'm not comparing SL with Tan. I'm suggesting your "support the team/club whatever happens to it and by whom" attitude would be welcomed by Tan. 

Like some on here I would be up in arms - but I would still go and still wear red. And like some of the chums on here I would be revolting!! :facepalm:

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Going back to the Corporate stuff, I found out Wednesday that the cost of a box has gone up by FIVE GRAND for next season. Blimey. 

Probably because they were massively under priced before, for what you get. We should be milking the rich more if you ask me. Not like they can't afford it. 

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Probably because they were massively under priced before, for what you get. We should be milking the rich more if you ask me. Not like they can't afford it. 

£16,000 for 23 league games at Ashton gate is not underpriced, infact daylight robbery!! 

And that's for the outer boxes ! 

9 hours ago, Rich said:

Forgive me if this has been referred to before but, one of the things that makes me a little angry, is the purchase date being earlier each year. I don't know when this started but I swear we used to have until about the end of June to renew existing season tickets/seats. It's probably clever accounting by adding extra income to the financial year with the addition of an extra week in each financial year. Obviously this can only work for so long, perhaps until turnover has increased (linked to success) and they can move it back to original dates, then make a bigger loss in that year.

It all seems to start much later if anything... early bird season tickets for 2009/10 closed on February 27th and early bird season tickets for 2010/11 closed on March 6th.

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

£16,000 for 23 league games at Ashton gate is not underpriced, infact daylight robbery!! 

And that's for the outer boxes ! 

So split that between 10 people, that's £1600, and then divide that by 23 games is roughly £70 a game, which is cheaper than they charge in hospitality, and you don't get served in a box, nor have your own private box and not have to mix with us peasants. :) 

Just now, Dollymarie said:

So split that between 10 people, that's £1600, and then divide that by 23 games is roughly £70 a game, which is cheaper than they charge in hospitality, and you don't get served in a box, nor have your own private box and not have to mix with us peasants. :) 

It's all choices I bet if you won the lotto you would buy a box at the gate ? I know I would! 

Most of the boxes at the gate are taken up by companies who would rather give bcfc the £16,000 plus grand than HMRC! 

1 minute ago, Dollymarie said:

Bang on. Corporates should not be getting there Football, Parking Spaces, Cava and Business Meetings on the cheap in top quality facilities where umbrellas and thermal underwear are not required. Make them pay the going rate which I'd estimate to be £100 per person when comparing with days out I've had at Cricket and Racing . That's £23,000 per box, which might as well be rounded up to £25,000

3 minutes ago, redapple said:

Bang on. Corporates should not be getting there Football, Parking Spaces, Cava and Business Meetings on the cheap in top quality facilities where umbrellas and thermal underwear are not required. Make them pay the going rate which I'd estimate to be £100 per person when comparing with days out I've had at Cricket and Racing . That's £23,000 per box, which might as well be rounded up to £25,000

£16,000 to watch 23 league games isn't cheap to watch the tripe we've been served up this season. The central boxes are £21,000 , this is a lot of money however rich you are.

You only get two parking spaces per box and the £16,000 was a early bird price. It actually went up to £19,000 if not purchased by 7th April. 

Easy to bash the cooperates but I know for a fact that the boxes have led to tens of thousands of pounds being spent on conferences on non match days which generates a lot of money for the club which in turn makes us self funding which is a long term goal.

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Going back to the Corporate stuff, I found out Wednesday that the cost of a box has gone up by FIVE GRAND for next season. Blimey. 

Reg, when I first watched City in 1958, Dad took me in front of the Old Stand and I stood on a box. It wasn't £5k though, I think it was an old beer crate ( in those days they were wooden ) from Mrs Smythe's Off Licence at the bottom of Ashton Drive :yahoo:

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Yep Dolls we should milk them till their Prawn Sandwiches curl up at the corners. Some of us have to live just on a state pension and carry on working to buy a season ticket. :ill::protest:

36 minutes ago, Spoons said:

£16,000 to watch 23 league games isn't cheap to watch the tripe we've been served up this season. The central boxes are £21,000 , this is a lot of money however rich you are.

You only get two parking spaces per box and the £16,000 was a early bird price. It actually went up to £19,000 if not purchased by 7th April. 

Easy to bash the cooperates but I know for a fact that the boxes have led to tens of thousands of pounds being spent on conferences on non match days which generates a lot of money for the club which in turn makes us self funding which is a long term goal.

They sold out last year and if they sell out this year then the price is justified, regardless of whether you think it's a lot of money or not. In most cases we're talking about businesses, not individuals here. £16k is petty cash for the company I work for.

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

They sold out last year and if they sell out this year then the price is justified, regardless of whether you think it's a lot of money or not. In most cases we're talking about businesses, not individuals here. £16k is petty cash for the company I work for.

So on the same thinking then would it be ok if we got to the premier league to charge £45 a ticket just because of supply and demand? I think not .

21 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Reg, when I first watched City in 1958, Dad took me in front of the Old Stand and I stood on a box. It wasn't £5k though, I think it was an old beer crate ( in those days they were wooden ) from Mrs Smythe's Off Licence at the bottom of Ashton Drive :yahoo:

Aka Peggy Ashton's when I was a nipper. Pop into Peggy's for an ice pole and then sit by the stream to eat it. 

Brings back some memories.

13 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Aka Peggy Ashton's when I was a nipper. Pop into Peggy's for an ice pole and then sit by the stream to eat it. 

Brings back some memories.

Yes Peg, good memories indeed. Used to go in there when I was about 12 and ask old Mrs Smythe for a can of Courage Light Ale. She used to ask if it was for my dad and of course I said yes. Used to go up the side of the railway bridge on Ashton Drive ( I lived in 165 up by the shops) and drink it with my mates with a ciggie. Youngsters today eh :violin:

59 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Yes Peg, good memories indeed. Used to go in there when I was about 12 and ask old Mrs Smythe for a can of Courage Light Ale. She used to ask if it was for my dad and of course I said yes. Used to go up the side of the railway bridge on Ashton Drive ( I lived in 165 up by the shops) and drink it with my mates with a ciggie. Youngsters today eh :violin:

My mate used to live right at the end of the cul-de-sac. 20 odd years ago, we ran around there without a care in the world. Couldn't do it nowadays. I'm only 31 and I feel so old already... 

1 minute ago, Septic Peg said:

My mate used to live right at the end of the cul-de-sac. 20 odd years ago, we ran around there without a care in the world. Couldn't do it nowadays. I'm only 31 and I feel so old already... 

I remember getting out the front bedroom onto the verandah about midnight and met my mate and went scrumping apples and plums around Risdale Road. How I got back in the bedroom still confounds me but I was about 12 and a bit agile ( had a trial for City when I was 12 as well so must have been a bit agile !!) 66 now, agile in the mind and bl***y unagile in the muscles :yahoo:

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

So on the same thinking then would it be ok if we got to the premier league to charge £45 a ticket just because of supply and demand? I think not .

I think you can easily make a distinction between prices for individual fans and prices for businesses for whom a box is an entirely optional luxury.

11 hours ago, Spoons said:

Don`t they cover the rugby too or are they sold separately for that?

2 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Some sponsors have bought for both, certainly the box I went in had both football and rugby and bought for two seasons.

Yes but you pay extra. Cheapest is £16,000 for football and £9,000 for rugby. Not sure what they charge for both. 

Must say I loved it in the box and when I win the lotto I'm getting one !

Just now, Spoons said:

Yes but you pay extra. Cheapest is £16,000 for football and £9,000 for rugby. Not sure what they charge for both. 

Must say I loved it in the box and when I win the lotto I'm getting one !

The hospitality experience is excellent.

With regard to you investing in one, I hope you win more than a lottery lucky dip then!

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 08:55, View from the Dolman said:

It all seems to start much later if anything... early bird season tickets for 2009/10 closed on February 27th and early bird season tickets for 2010/11 closed on March 6th.

Early bird season ticket sales did start early, I'm referring to renewing existing season tickets, the deadline has been brought forward on a regular basis, we used to have until the end of June.  I have just found out that my seat has been sold to someone else because the timing for renewal was not right for me. Buy it now or risk losing it seams to be the way the club have gone, and the only possible reason that this has happened is, to increase turnover. So, they now have an unhappy customer in me but, a happy customer in my seat.

Archived