IGNORED

Email from the club re non-renewal of season card

RedLionLad

5 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

In doing this and signing the extension, he managed to allow his then employer to get a good fee when he was poached by another club.  I call that being a good and decent chap.  I recall Darren Barnard doing something similar - and he went to Barnsley as well.

I think we can all sleep soundly in our beds at night, safe in the knowledge that there isn't a cat in hells chance of Mr Johnson being poached from us by any other club.

:facepalm:

Just now, kingswood red said:

I think we can all sleep soundly in our beds at night, safe in the knowledge that there isn't a cat in hells chance of Mr Johnson being poached from us by any other club.

:facepalm:

Well Arsenal might not keep Arsene Wenger - so you never know. especially with Lee's Arsenal connections! :mf_sleep:

2 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

After 50 years supporting City I love the club and nothing would stop me from going.  I can see that we have a very young and inexperienced manager and that we have recruited a number of young and promising players.  I can also see that we need a plan to combat the parachute payment clubs and that this is it.  Support and understanding is what we need right now - not the kind of stuff we are seeing right now.  If 4000 did fail to renew and were not replaced - the non-renewing idiots would no doubt be happy that the club was being held back and say "I told you so".  That is not the attitude that will take us forward to a bright future. Maybe in 36 years time, when you have caught up with me, you will understand!

Where are what you post is nicely put....I think people are just fed up of the same bullsh*t week in week out, year after year. False dawns, false promises...

I've said for years we are not ran professionally as a club and we have an old boys club which feels the need to keep giving ex players jobs. Now we have Johnson in charge, McCallister as number 2, Tinnion behind the scenes and Scott Murray washing players pants! Laughable 

I've been a season ticket holder 23 years but I've just about had enough of this season. 

5 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Where are what you post is nicely put....I think people are just fed up of the same bullsh*t week in week out, year after year. False dawns, false promises...

I've said for years we are not ran professionally as a club and we have an old boys club which feels the need to keep giving ex players jobs. Now we have Johnson in charge, McCallister as number 2, Tinnion behind the scenes and Scott Murray washing players pants! Laughable 

I've been a season ticket holder 23 years but I've just about had enough of this season. 

Sorry you feel that way but I cannot recall a time when we have been able to spend the kind of cash on players that we now seem to have available.  We now have a stadium that is cash generative instead of costing us a vast sum and we have a decent stock of good young players on the fringe of the first team. It seems entirely likely that some of our weak links will be patched up in the next window (a right back for starters!) - so I can see plenty of optimistic signs for the next season and beyond. We have never tried a project like the one we have just embarked upon - the closest I can recall was when Alan Dicks signed young players like Gow and Ritchie (and his brother) from Scotland to add to Geoff Merrick, Gary Collier and co.  That lot didn't work out too badly!

Just now, robin_unreliant said:

Yeah I've only been going since 1975, including when we were in div 4. So obviously not a superfan like you lardy. Don't always buy a ST as I have a long way to travel. Hard to commit when you have no faith in the manager.

I fear that you will miss a great season next year - I'll pm you with a proposition!

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Say average season ticket is £300 then around £1.5 million.

Corporate sales will be down as well no doubt and what with the rugby whose crowds will drop dramatically, the reality must be that Bristol Sport are going to take a big hit on stadium revenue next year. The much harsher reality is that there are people who will likely lose their jobs/be able to work less because of this. I wonder what Mr Lansdown would have to say about that?

I wont comment on football as not sure but I think rugby sells will be very high and continue that way - I work with lots of people who work in Bristol and follow a variety of football teams but as they consider Bristol there home now want to get rugby tickets.

I think they have priced better than football and with no play-offs are expected to walk the championship and wins will bring in more punters as they go along.

I think times are good for Bristol. Rugby despite the impending relegation!!

4 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Yep, received 30 mins ago.

They are concerned, it would seem ?

I shall be replying that I will renew when Championship football is guaranteed for next season.

Really? Or is it a sensible business model to contact previous customers who havent yet renewed to encourage more business? Not sure the email means the club are panicking.

If the club didn't do this, would otib claim the club doesn't know how to run a business and are missing revenue opportunities?

Does everything the club do require an otib overreaction these days? 

Not saying you are overreacting personally - more aimed at these sort of threads in general.

8 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Really? Or is it a sensible business model to contact previous customers who havent yet renewed to encourage more business? Not sure the email means the club are panicking.

If the club didn't do this, would otib claim the club doesn't know how to run a business and are missing revenue opportunities?

Does everything the club do require an otib overreaction these days? 

Not saying you are overreacting personally - more aimed at these sort of threads in general.

A sensible business model would be to give customers (yours and Steve's words) a product that is the same or better that what they've already had.

Offering a sub-standard product (at an unknown level) isn't exactly great for customer relations.

Anyone else receive an email today to complete a survey on why you haven't renewed.

Not like they have got a lot right this season but I was grateful they bothered to ask for the feedback on why I haven't/won't be renewing.

Was nice to be able to give so honest feedback to the club/Bristol Sports.

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

51 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Anyone else receive an email today to complete a survey on why you haven't renewed.

Not like they have got a lot right this season but I was grateful they bothered to ask for the feedback on why I haven't/won't be renewing.

Was nice to be able to give so honest feedback to the club/Bristol Sports.

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

You didn't read the 101 comments gone before then?

(joking)

8 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Absolute dream world. There's been some mad comments over the years but expecting a record breaking number of season tickets being sold if we can finish, what.. maybe 19th and 'in style' is quite something.

If you've ever tracked season ticket sales before, and for any club, the best selling period has now passed and it's highly unlikely we'll see them break 11,000 imo now.

Average attendances next season will also likely see circa 4000 shaved off while LJ remains to keep us within the bottom of the division.

Two points here , I have replied as not renewed yet, told them straight did not appreciate the aggressive sales crap , not for the first time, emails telling me I've lost my seat pissed me and others off and told them , the final date for renewal before hiking prices is just over a week away , with then 3 games to go and bar a miracle still in balance which division we will be in , PR dept from hell, total idiots they are alienating everybody at a time when they need us .

What I would say though regarding potential sales is because of reasons above there is a much bigger amount of people sitting on our hands than any other season until we have an idea where we are , which in my opinion will mean a much larger uptake if we stay up , than usually would be the case , talking to other fans who are doing the same I think  that we will sell between 12 and 13 if survive.

What  the marketing geniuses should do is extend the deadline because ' we want the fans on board' to the end of the season but I doubt they have the brains or sense to realise this. 

Just now, Cov 77 said:

Two points here , I have replied as not renewed yet, told them straight did not appreciate the aggressive sales crap , not for the first time, emails telling me I've lost my seat pissed me and others off and told them , the final date for renewal before hiking prices is just over a week away , with then 3 games to go and bar a miracle still in balance which division we will be in , PR dept from hell, total idiots they are alienating everybody at a time when they need us .

What I would say though regarding potential sales is because of reasons above there is a much bigger amount of people sitting on our hands than any other season until we have an idea where we are , which in my opinion will mean a much larger uptake if we stay up , than usually would be the case , talking to other fans who are doing the same I think  that we will sell between 12 and 13 if survive.

What  the marketing geniuses should do is extend the deadline because ' we want the fans on board' to the end of the season but I doubt they have the brains or sense to realise this. 

What is the email address for replies please?

Lot of doom and gloom about the 65% but it seems obvious to me that a large proportion of the remaining 35% are quite reasonably waiting to discover what division we are going to be in. In fact given the uncertainty I'd say 65% is actually very reasonable. Plus what no one considers is the fact that there will be some people who buy a season ticket next season who, for various reasons, didn't have one this year. The final total is not only about renewals.

Assuming we stay up, come August I'd expect numbers to be somewhere close to this season's total.

7 hours ago, richwwtk said:

I'm not sure LJ being manager would make much of a difference to sales, no more than a couple of hundred at the very most.

The biggest factor in people not renewing is surely going to be the division we are in?

My personal feeling is that, the higher up the league structure we find ourselves, the lower the entertainment value of attending AG, although the quality of player on show obviously gets better. These two pretty much cancel each other out, so renewing is worth doing if you can, no matter what division we are in.

a lot of people are pissed off with Mr johnson a lot more than youd think.  ive renewed but the price of some of our tickets compared to Huddersfield an villa  are astronomical . my nephews has gone up a hundred quid on the previous season because hes over twenty five  thats a big hike and the  bullshit an excuses has surely put a few off renewing this year.

6 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

a lot of people are pissed off with Mr johnson a lot more than youd think.  ive renewed but the price of some of our tickets compared to Huddersfield an villa  are astronomical . my nephews has gone up a hundred quid on the previous season because hes over twenty five  thats a big hike and the  bullshit an excuses has surely put a few off renewing this year.

Instead of it being a bad thing though, that 100 quid hike is surely the sign of ticket prices being fair to young adults by having a young adult category. 

When I was at that age a couple of years ago that didn't exist so it's fortunate on your nephews part he's been able to take advantage of that pricing tier.

16 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

The renewal percentage will increase if we confirm our status in the Championship. Its obvious why many people are yet to renew. 

What's less than obvious is why many hail confirmation of Championship status as God(regarding renewal),yet will sign up for more of LJ and his Tombola..says as lot.

15 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

After 50 years supporting City I love the club and nothing would stop me from going.  I can see that we have a very young and inexperienced manager and that we have recruited a number of young and promising players.  I can also see that we need a plan to combat the parachute payment clubs and that this is it.  Support and understanding is what we need right now - not the kind of stuff we are seeing right now.  If 4000 did fail to renew and were not replaced - the non-renewing idiots would no doubt be happy that the club was being held back and say "I told you so".  That is not the attitude that will take us forward to a bright future. Maybe in 36 years time, when you have caught up with me, you will understand!

Well I`ve done 50yrs and I will not be going again even if it was free, until SL and his boys are gone; he does what he likes and answers to no-one and is railroading this club to satisfy his dream.

I will say carry on mr Fat Bastard :robbored: hope you enjoy what SL gives you, there will no doubt be more surprises yet to come; and we moan at Cardiff fans

16 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Vincent Tan would love you. 

2 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Well I`ve done 50yrs and I will not be going again even if it was free, until SL and his boys are gone; he does what he likes and answers to no-one and is railroading this club to satisfy his dream.

I will say carry on mr Fat Bastard :robbored: hope you enjoy what SL gives you, there will no doubt be more surprises yet to come; and we moan at Cardiff fans

Good luck with you non City life to come! SL will be there for many years to come and then Jon will take over, hopefully when we are in the Premier League. At least you can watch us on TV. I am perfectly happy with Mr Lansdown and his ownership - wonderful stadium and facilities and big budgets for players and an excellent up and coming head coach - really, what is there not to like.  Farewell!

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Vincent Tan would love you. 

I don't recall SL trying to change our colours and the name of the club. I really think that some of you chaps are over reacting and should concentrate on supporting the team rather than speculating about the owners motivations and engaging in the wholesale manufacturing of myth and nonsense on the subject.

Archived