IGNORED

How does daryl Clarkes mother feel?

The Humble Realist

Just now, oldstandrobin said:

Luckily, I take medication to keep my Bristol accent and wear a protective suit at all times. Drinking in Burnham is the worst thing that you can do, hence why I drink in Weston Super Mare. Pray Bat, you say you live in Somerset, it is a large county, can you narrow it down to ................say 1 mile :laughcont:

That is important information because a mistimed fart near a naked flame could lead to a sub-atomic explosion. :facepalm:

Just now, Bat Fastard said:

You are getting close - but Bridgwater is uptown Burnham - and there is nothing uptown about me. Common as muck! I suppose Bridgwater is where you would go if you wanted a big night out!

I have seen you in Bridgie :worship2:

1 hour ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Looks like a case of the 2017 cuckold syndrome. Men are pathetic these days, dread to think of this generation going to either of the world wars. 

This seems to be the cool analogy to make on the forum at the moment for some reason - and I see you have Ultra in your name so I'm a little scared to respond as no doubt you're double 'ard and would have been first over the top when the whistle blew, but fortunately this is a football forum almost a century on and not a world war, so people's views on football chants probably have no bearing on their ability to have fought in one of the world wars. Cheers!

19 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Never heard anyone call Dopey's mum anything. Nor would I repeat it if I did.

Only stuff I've ever heard is the stuff about dogs - which I STILL can't find out how it came about! Does Dopey have some ban on animal keeping or something? Was he pictured walking his mutt and it escalated from there?

18 hours ago, Selred said:

She's a wh*re, she's a wh*re, Daryl Clarkes Mother is a wh*re. To the time of the old old Bradly Orr song.

Its sang most weeks so I'm surprised you've not heard it.

Peg, please don't tell me you've been thinking that Darrel (and countless predecessors as Gas managers) is related to Bradley and is part of the extended Orr family.. "She's an Orr, She's an Orr, Darrel Clarke's mother is an Orr"

On 14/04/2017 at 22:10, Septic Peg said:

Never heard anyone call Dopey's mum anything. Nor would I repeat it if I did.

Only stuff I've ever heard is the stuff about dogs - which I STILL can't find out how it came about! Does Dopey have some ban on animal keeping or something? Was he pictured walking his mutt and it escalated from there?

Came from a tweetsent to Garita, who (I assume) not really understanding English that well, retweeted it, much to the mirth of many.

On 15/04/2017 at 09:37, The Humble Realist said:

OK so I've had a bit of stick for my opening post and that's fair enough ..everyone is entitled to their opinion ..

Im not actually offended by the song in any way (although I wouldn't sing it personally ) ...but thought I'd float the concept out there as it's one thing singing about someone e.g. Clarke , Holloway etc but why take it onto another individual. 

If barnsley fans who despise LJ next week start singing vile songs about gary johnsons health will the same fans telling me to lighten up be spitting venom towards the away end?

Note: it's a hypothetical questions...I don't expect barnsley to do anything of the sort

It was good to raise the point and I always thought it was disrespectful to sing it about a previous manager, in John Ward.

Far worse has happened previously, for instance goading Cardiff fans with regard to Aberfan, but I'll leave that there, as it's been debated before and, thankfully, not been repeated for a very long time.

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:42, shelts said:

I don't hate Darryl Clark and the songs about his mother for me are a tad embarrassing. Mr Clark is a very good manager who will go onto good things, he talks well in the media and the Gas have a little gem. As for our songs/ chants they've gone backwards over the years choosing to become vile rather than witty banter of yester year. The old days . Different game and culture I know 

Monkey chants , 'Aberfan', 'You're gonna get your ******* heads kicked in', I could go on :)

On 14/04/2017 at 22:00, The Humble Realist said:

I wonder if she knows she is called a whore every week ? 

I wonder how it makes her feel to know that every week thousands of our fans call her a whore just months after losing her husband ?

I wonder why we sing this about gas managers and whether even for football fans we should be a little more grown up?

I wonder whether any of the above questions really matter and I should lighten up a bit but having watched city for almost 20 yrs I've heard us sing this over and over again and thought we should be better than calling someone's mother a whore...

I've got my tin hat ready.....

Why can't criticism be kept to a professional level. Leave people's families out of it

42 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I seem to remember a song to send Bert Tann to Vietnam.

How the **** did he beat the draft?.

Followed by, "Send Chris Crowe to Mexico" don't think he made the squad though.

35 minutes ago, Meryl Goodrum said:

Why can't criticism be kept to a professional level. Leave people's families out of it

Quite right. I see nobody has sung a song about DCs dad yet, presumably he's not known.

Just now, Rich said:

Quite right. I see nobody has sung a song about DCs dad yet, presumably he's not known.

Apparently on the section of his birth certificate where it says "Rank or profession of father" - it just says "The officers and men of HMS Ark Royal".

On 14/04/2017 at 22:00, The Humble Realist said:

I wonder if she knows she is called a whore every week ? 

I wonder how it makes her feel to know that every week thousands of our fans call her a whore just months after losing her husband ?

I wonder why we sing this about gas managers and whether even for football fans we should be a little more grown up?

I wonder whether any of the above questions really matter and I should lighten up a bit but having watched city for almost 20 yrs I've heard us sing this over and over again and thought we should be better than calling someone's mother a whore...

I've got my tin hat ready.....

How would your mum feel if you masturbated dogs?

11 minutes ago, shelts said:

Remember being at Bradford in the Littlewoods Cup and our fans sang  about the fire. Not good. Bad old days 

You sure? I was there and would have been outraged if I'd heard anything like that, but thus is the first I've ever even heard it mentioned. All I can remember is 'Joe Jordan's red & white army' being belted out incessantly for pretty much the whole game.

49 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

You sure? I was there and would have been outraged if I'd heard anything like that, but thus is the first I've ever even heard it mentioned. All I can remember is 'Joe Jordan's red & white army' being belted out incessantly for pretty much the whole game.

It wasn't from the whole section just a few idiots, handful.  Like you it was Joe Jordan's red n white army 

Archived