IGNORED

OFFICIAL Lions Tour 2017 thread

Lrrr

Owens oh so lucky with accidental offside. Lions colossal in defence but no real attack. Last 10mins seemed like a week! Farrell with nerves of steel.

Credit to both teams, awesome commitment.

Lions franchise dead? Not a chance.

Just now, Coppello said:

I can't help but think we should have kicked for touch as opposed to taking the penalty with four minutes to go. 

I dont think so. Still enough time after that to get another penalty

Bloody hell. Crazy stuff. People will be disappointed but I thought it would have been a great success if the Lions managed to win a test, I thought they'd get stuffed. Fair play to them, NZ weren't as clinical as they usually are and the Lions made them pay. Andy Farrell has to take a lot of credit for the defensive performances.

13 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I can't help but think we should have kicked for touch as opposed to taking the penalty with four minutes to go. 

If they'd have caught the restart cleanly there was plenty of time to push for another penalty/drop goal.  How many times did they knock on a crucial points in the second half.. they really could have won it way before the last few phases.

2 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Bloody hell. Crazy stuff. People will be disappointed but I thought it would have been a great success if the Lions managed to win a test, I thought they'd get stuffed. Fair play to them, NZ weren't as clinical as they usually are and the Lions made them pay. Andy Farrell has to take a lot of credit for the defensive performances.

Dont know loads but what did you make of that offside call not to give the pen? Ref is getting slated on social media!

Just now, Super said:

Dont know loads but what did you make of that offside call not to give the pen? Ref is getting slated on social media!

I didn't see it, the telly went just as Poite went upstairs! Just turned on the radio in time to hear Read's post-match interview. The more I hear him speak the more I like him.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Giving the scrum instead of the penalty is the same call that the referee in the Scotland-Australia match in the last world cup got slated for not making!

3 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Still don't know why they don't do extra time or something it sucks drawing a series. Anyway great effort from the lions I suppose after the first test if I was offered a drawn series I would 100 percent take it.

I don't think extra time in rugby is the way to go. The players bate the shite out of one another for 80 minutes, it's dangerous enough without asking them to play on.

Absolutely epic game.

In fact just epic sport. Everything about was glorious.

A draw was a fair result a d actually seeing both teams on the podium at the end was a wonderful thing for sport.

Just epic.

8 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Well, I'm no rugby fan, but I watched that & thought it was brilliant !

It's strange, I know a few people who aren't rugby fans but have been bombarding me with questions about laws and tactics during this tour. One of them now wants to go and watch a Bristol game next season! I don't think most of the rugby has been particularly high on quality but it has definitely been compelling.

Archived