OFFICIAL Lions Tour 2017 thread

Lrrr

57 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Predictions for the third test..

17-21 Lions. If not now, when?

MR not posted for a while...

:sad26:

Nice to see someone misses me :P 

Have been on a "work holiday" the last week or so. I did type up quite a long (and obviously thrilling) post on the second test but accidentally deleted it and couldn't be bothered to do it again. 

My thoughts are basically: the physicality was much better last week, particularly from the tight five. People talk.about the red card and conditions favouring the Lions but the fact is that they took their chances and you can't really argue with 2-0 on tries. Imagine how many they'd have won by with POM at 6 :ph34r:

I fear NZ revenge tomorrow but you never know. I still have to find somewhere to watch the bloody game!

NZ by 12.

Tough one to call tomorrow, the Lions have a settled side, whereas the AB's have basically a second string back line.

The Eden Park factor favours the AB's,  but the Lions are on a big high after last weeks win.

I get the impression that the AB's pack will really go for it, I think they know they have the better scrum and will look to dominate up front. They have hardly gone wide to their wingers in the first two tests but see that changing tomorrow.

If the Lions can keep it tight for an hour then you never know. 

Fascinating game coming up!.

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Tough one to call tomorrow, the Lions have a settled side, whereas the AB's have basically a second string back line.

The Eden Park factor favours the AB's,  but the Lions are on a big high after last weeks win.

I get the impression that the AB's pack will really go for it, I think they know they have the better scrum and will look to dominate up front. They have hardly gone wide to their wingers in the first two tests but see that changing tomorrow.

If the Lions can keep it tight for an hour then you never know. 

Fascinating game coming up!.

NZ won't have liked the way that the Lions defence nullified them last week. However biblical the rain, you don't expect NZ not to score, especially at home. I can see there being some very borderline (to say the least) hits from NZ similar to what we saw against Ireland after Chicago. With a stronger ref they'd have had a few lads cooling their heels on the touchline for the rest of the game there. I just pray that Murray isn't an the receiving end of anything.

With Poite reffing pretty much every aspect of the game will be a total lottery but I'm confident he'll put in a better performance than Peyper, who bizarrely wanted Money Bill put in the bin last week because there was "no force" in his hit on Watson!

I loved Read's interview after the match, he was very complimentary about the Lions but you could see how pissed off he was. That's what you want from your captain after you've just lost, brilliant stuff. He was also very sporting in victory after test one saying that 15 points flattered NZ. I didn't think it did but good on him anyway.

Farrell is having an absolute nightmare.

Great stuff from Lions, superb box kick from Murray, brilliant takeby Daly, Lions banging away on NZ 5m line and then Farrell throws an intercept pass. Davies and Watson did well to get back to stop the try.

A couple of minutes later NZ are over in the corner. Lovely stuff from the Barretts.

Archived