IGNORED

Our goalscoring forward?, Engvall (Merged)

1960maaan

12 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Despite having seen very little of him still think he's got more chance of being an answer than Taylor , goalswise

Agree

10 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

In the little I have seen of Gustav I think he looks a good prospect.

I'd like to remind some of the fans who have written him off that he is only 20 and not everyone has the impact of Lord Tammy at that age.

Agree

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Despite having seen very little of him still think he's got more chance of being an answer than Taylor , goalswise

Sadly , and I know I shouldn't, but I have all but written Taylor off. First touch is poor (2nd touch is a tackle) and he doesn't look like scoring.
He does work hard and he has made space for Tammy and has a few assists, I just don't think that's enough.  Djuric looks good, wins everything in the air but won't get you 15/20 goals , we don't need many more like that. 
I think with a genuine goalscorer along side Engvall,Taylor and DJuric we should be OK, where the goalscorer comes from who knows.

Just now, 1960maaan said:

Sadly , and I know I shouldn't, but I have all but written Taylor off. First touch is poor (2nd touch is a tackle) and he doesn't look like scoring.
He does work hard and he has made space for Tammy and has a few assists, I just don't think that's enough.  Djuric looks good, wins everything in the air but won't get you 15/20 goals , we don't need many more like that. 
I think with a genuine goalscorer along side Engvall,Taylor and DJuric we should be OK, where the goalscorer comes from who knows.

Bloke in West Stand assured me confidently that we have another Chelsea youngster lined up to replace Tammy , which I guess is a reasonable likelihood

Someone I'd never heard of and can't remember his name :facepalm:   African sounding 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Bloke in West Stand assured me confidently that we have another Chelsea youngster lined up to replace Tammy , which I guess is a reasonable likelihood

Someone I'd never heard of and can't remember his name :facepalm:   African sounding 

Michy Batshuayi wouldn't be a bad shout Bob.

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If that's true the poor kid has a lot to live up too!

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ike Ugbo is the one I've heard is apparently going to sign

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ha ha - see my post above just as we hit the button together

Spooky

Maybe looks like this has 'legs' 

:thumbsup:

It seems like we did haha

He is a good striker apparently, don't think anyone can get to Tammy's level but if he can come in and get us 15 plus goals I'd be happy

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

38 in 43 starts for one of chelseas youth sides.

Pretty decent record.

Chances of him being another Tammy are extremely slim, but if he joins us on loan and does half the job Tammy did, then that is still a good signing.

Certainly following Tammys path and goals return - Agree - Awful lot to ask for someone to repeat Tammys season with us

The secret for me was Tammys attitude and willingness on top of his ability

Not too many like that around 

Certainly following Tammys path and goals return - Awful lot to ask for someone to repeat Tammys season with us

The secret for me was Tammys attitude and willingness on top of his ability

Not too many like that around 

I got close to being able to have a word with Tammy prior to the awards.

Alas I couldnt and no doubt wouldnt have said anything he hasnt heard many times before. But wanted to thank him for his performances this year, encourage him to keep himself grounded (from the sounds of it he is) and ask the (extremely) hopeful question of "if Chelsea said yes, would you have another year with us?" something David Lloyd asked a similar question to during the awards

Speaking of which, did anyone hear his full answer? I heard a response along the lines of "I'd love to come back" but the rest got drowned out by the "oh Tammy Tammy"

28 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

' Ohhhhhh Ikey Ikey,

Ikey , Ikey Uggggggbo '

Nah - that's rubbish - call it off

No deal

'You put your left leg in, your left leg out in out in out, shake it all about

You do the Ike Ugbo and you turn around, that's what it's all about..'

Might work.....:yawn:

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

I got close to being able to have a word with Tammy prior to the awards.

Alas I couldnt and no doubt wouldnt have said anything he hasnt heard many times before. But wanted to thank him for his performances this year, encourage him to keep himself grounded (from the sounds of it he is) and ask the (extremely) hopeful question of "if Chelsea said yes, would you have another year with us?" something David Lloyd asked a similar question to during the awards

Speaking of which, did anyone hear his full answer? I heard a response along the lines of "I'd love to come back" but the rest got drowned out by the "oh Tammy Tammy"

Think his social media and media I/vs suggest he knows he's not likely to be back next year sadly

Chelsea will have a major say sadly - got to be looking at getting him out in the prem

Darent think about it really but Imagine if we somehow got Tammy back next season with this seasons experience under his belt !!!

Think his social media and media I/vs suggest he knows he's not likely to be back next year sadly

Chelsea will have a major say sadly - got to be looking at getting him out in the prem

Darent think about it really but Imagine if we somehow got Tammy back next season with this seasons experience under his belt !!!

As Gandalf once said "there never was much hope, just a fool's hope"

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

But he likes this place .

Can't have sentiment when you have a career in front of you that he does.............

Can you ? .......:fingerscrossed:

Wonder what the other players think when a loanee sweeps the board with the awards !!!

They need to think they've got a lot of work to do to get on the level of a 19 year old! 

Tammy is/was unreal. The players should be happy to have played with him and hopefully a few friendships were made and they follow Tammy as keenly as we will. 

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Can't have sentiment when you have a career in front of you that he does.............

Can you ? .......:fingerscrossed:

Wonder what the other players think when a loanee sweeps the board with the awards !!!

Hopefully gives them something to aspire to , hopefully take notice of his attitude and hopefully realise they have to work hard.

Archived