IGNORED

Our goalscoring forward?, Engvall (Merged)

1960maaan

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

When you're playing against stronger defenders, you don't hold them off as easy. When you shoot against better keepers, you score less.

Have you seen the defending for 2/3 of those goals? I winced. You don't have defenders kicking the ball against each other 4 yards out when playing solid Championship teams.

Did you watch the video of Kodjia's goals at Angers before he signed for us? The defending was comical and it was picked up on in the thread when we were linked with him but it didn't stop him doing the job for us and making a big move.

5 minutes ago, WRERE said:

Did you watch the video of Kodjia's goals at Angers before he signed for us? The defending was comical and it was picked up on in the thread when we were linked with him but it didn't stop him doing the job for us and making a big move.

I get your point, but look at the difference in the first season that both had with the club:

Kodjia - 20 goals, 47 apps. Sold for £17m after a year.

Engvall - 0 goals, 6 apps. Loaned back to Sweden after less than a year.

The fact that Gustav has been at the club this long and has played for about 45 minutes, and the club are happy for him to not even be here for pre season, speaks volumes. I'd be amazed if he hadn't moved on to pastures new by next summer.

29 minutes ago, WRERE said:

At the time I urged caution as the French second division, where Kodjia was playing is nowhere near the same standard as the Championship .

I personally thought that £2,000, 000 was a big gamble for the club .

Equally, relying on him to score the goals to secure our status was a huge ask .

We were very lucky with JK . 

48 minutes ago, petehinton said:

When you're playing against stronger defenders, you don't hold them off as easy. When you shoot against better keepers, you score less.

Have you seen the defending for 2/3 of those goals? I winced. You don't have defenders kicking the ball against each other 4 yards out when playing solid Championship teams.

Tammy is an amazing player, but watch the defending in a lot of his goals - simple fact is goals come from defensive errors, so of course the defending looks bad in a lot of goals.

Archived