IGNORED

A tale of two managers - LJ bouncing & Cotts respect

Fordy62

Just observations from today...

One lapping up the well earned respect he deserved. Very fitting.

The other, quite frankly embarrassingly bouncing up and down on stage like he'd achieved something. 

Now, the Cotts & LJ thing has been done to death - and I'm sure it'll be done some more here, but I think today's actions pretty much sum up my feelings about both.

Heres to a summer of rest and hopefully an reignited passion for my football club. 

IMG_6640.PNG

IMG_6647.PNG

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

Yeah, but. 1. Was he asked to "bounce?"

2. Was he bouncing and saying look I've achieved something?

I would have thought he'd have the sense to not do it. Matty Taylor didn't kiss the badge when asked, and quite rightly so if you ask me. So I don't see why LJ felt the need to bounce. 

2 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

I missed today but tell me you are joking? Was LJ really lapping it up like he'd achieved something??? 

I think lapping it up is perhaps taking it a bit too far. But I thought it was in bad taste where a degree of decorum would have been better suited. But then I found the whole awards thing a bit cringey to be honest. 

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

The other, quite frankly embarrassingly bouncing up and down on stage like he'd achieved something. 

Now, the Cotts & LJ thing has been done to death - and I'm sure it'll be done some more here, but I think today's actions pretty much sum up my feelings about both.

Heres to a summer of rest and hopefully an reignited passion for my football club. 

IMG_6640.PNG

IMG_6647.PNG

Not sure this post I'm about to write is needed but... 

LJ has kept us in this division for two consecutive years. What did Cotts achieve at Championship level for us?

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

IMG_6640.PNG

IMG_6647.PNG

Looks more like he's saying "C'mon then. I'll take the ******* lot of you"

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

LJ has kept us in this division for two consecutive years. What did Cotts achieve at Championship level for us?

Got the sack for going on a shocking, bad run ......   ooops

4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Agree transfers for quality players who've since gained promotion to the Prem?

1 minute ago, JHAGa said:

You're not going to reignite your passion with your constant, tedious and needless negativity.

Nor are you going to change minds with your constant tedious criticism of people with views on what happened and the under qualified "head coach" Lansdown deems worthy of being in charge of our club.

Johnson Out.

17 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think lapping it up is perhaps taking it a bit too far. But I thought it was in bad taste where a degree of decorum would have been better suited. But then I found the whole awards thing a bit cringey to be honest. 

There were awards for bouncing ?

15 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

He wasn't given the chance. Don't get me wrong I didn't particularly like SC and was glad when he left. That being said, he wouldn't have done any worse than LJ. Even if he had spent half of what LJ has.

6 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

You're not going to reignite your passion with your constant, tedious and needless negativity.

Well it's not really is it? Our manager has danced around on stage with his boys club behind him and I think it's in bad taste. I don't think it's constant, needless or tedious. 

7 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I know

I'll be fair to Johnson, but it does rankle just a bit, that the bloke who gave us that great double season only got half a season's bash at it. AND the reason given was sacked due to poor results , where the truth is, it wasnt that.

Just now, NickJ said:

Nor are you going to change minds with your constant tedious criticism of people with views on what happened and the under qualified "head coach" Lansdown deems worthy of being in charge of our club.

Johnson Out.

Under qualified? Guided us to 18th and 17th in the Championship now, so that's pretty standard for us. Him being under qualified hasn't been a problem so far.

I know I won't change minds of the minority who have their minds made up and whinge every week even when things are going well.

Johnson In.

26 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

I missed today but tell me you are joking? Was LJ really lapping it up like he'd achieved something??? 

Even me, not an LJ supporter, has no problem with him letting his hair down and enjoying some time with the fans after the final game. 

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Well it's not really is it? Our manager has danced around on stage with his boys club behind him and I think it's in bad taste. I don't think it's constant, needless or tedious. 

Because fans were no doubt asking him to do it? Or was he doing it for the fun?

Just now, JHAGa said:

Under qualified? Guided us to 18th and 17th in the Championship now, so that's pretty standard for us. Him being under qualified hasn't been a problem so far.

I know I won't change minds of the minority who have their minds made up and whinge every week even when things are going well.

Johnson In.

I would thank Jonathan Kodjia and Tammy Abraham for 'guiding' us to those positions rather than the manager.

15 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Who's not going to? Yet again, people showing concern and rationally discussing the situation that this season has brought about is labelled by you as negativity.  Suggest you're the one who is becoming 'tedious' if anyone around here is. 

Archived