IGNORED

FGR BIG Day.........really?

slartibartfast

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

What`s our relationship like with Cooper though? I seem to recall some harsh words after the Swindon games in league 1.

I don't disagree RRH but if it benefits us as well as them, I can see it happening. If there's no benefit to ourselves then obviously not but surely it would be better to loan our youngsters to a local L2 club than one miles away?

21 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Always think posts like this, a prediction stated as fact, are a very dangerous game with the potential to make you look rather silly.

Good thing posters on here don't usually risk making predictions like this  :whistle:

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

I don't disagree RRH but if it benefits us as well as them, I can see it happening. If there's no benefit to ourselves then obviously not but surely it would be better to loan our youngsters to a local L2 club than one miles away?

Absolutely agree mate but just hope it didn`t get too personal at the time - at management level I mean, not what we were saying! Hopefully no bridges were burnt back then.

11 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

What`s our relationship like with Cooper though? I seem to recall some harsh words after the Swindon games in league 1.

Cooper is a pretty obnoxious bloke when he's lost a game and his reactions towards City in victory and defeat was that of a very resentful and angry man. I'd be very surprised if he'd allow City's academy lads to play on loan at FGR.

I have little time for him.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Absolutely agree mate but just hope it didn`t get too personal at the time - at management level I mean, not what we were saying! Hopefully no bridges were burnt back then.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Cooper is a pretty obnoxious bloke when he's lost a game and his reactions towards City in victory and defeat was that of a very resentful and angry man. I'd be very surprised if he'd allow City's academy lads to play on loan at FGR.

I have little time for him.

If it makes sense for both clubs to do it then surely the 'businessmen' at both clubs would sanction it? Cooper is extremely bitter towards City, I agree, but that was when he was Manager of a team in the same division. FGR, with all respect to them, aren't really a threat to us and they would benefit as would we. If Cooper wants to look a gift horse in the mouth then it's his failing and not ours. I would imagine there would be dialogue as it makes perfect sense IMHO.

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

If it makes sense for both clubs to do it then surely the 'businessmen' at both clubs would sanction it? Cooper is extremely bitter towards City, I agree, but that was when he was Manager of a team in the same division. FGR, with all respect to them, aren't really a threat to us and they would benefit as would we. If Cooper wants to look a gift horse in the mouth then it's his failing and not ours. I would imagine there would be dialogue as it makes perfect sense IMHO.

Absolutely it would make sense but I can't see Cooper being in agreement given his dislike for City.

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`d like FGR to go up just to see if they could succeed in the league really. They would have a few decent localish games (Cheltenham, Newport, Swindon, Yeovil, perhaps Exeter) so it would be interesting to see if their model can work.

2 hours ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Agree with you 100%

Other than the Batemans shop which does actively promote FGR in terms of shirts etc there is the very little mention of the cliub whatsoever except a back page scoop in the SNJ or Stroud Life... I really doubt many people buy the paper anymore.

I think the move to J13 will not help the club in terms of support expansion, its in the middle of nowhere between Eastington and Frampton... I get the logistics and the fact its for business purposes but the club will never bring the support in. As you say Transport links are very poor here, makes it worse if they do move

I think Hoffenheim are a good yardstick and they come from a village with half the population of Nailsworth. They will shortly, or has it already, finish in their highest ever top flight position. They steadily built their support and so will FGR in my opinion. They have the backing. I reckon they will be in the top 10 easily next season.

9 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I think Hoffenheim are a good yardstick and they come from a village with half the population of Nailsworth. They will shortly, or has it already, finish in their highest ever top flight position. They steadily built their support and so will FGR in my opinion. They have the backing. I reckon they will be in the top 10 easily next season.

Yep, 3200 according to Wiki.

Nice stadium as well

IMG_3847.JPG

Just now, Emperor Palpatine said:

Plenty of bitter fans of non league teams bitter about FGR right now.

Some saying they are running at £10M losses... that can't be right surely :blink:

I think there is an element of FGR "buying their way" up but name a team that doesn't at that level?

Just now, Emperor Palpatine said:

More to do with budgets I guess, generally the bigger the budget the more likely you'll have a good chance of promotion... looking back in recent memory its probably right

Exactly. What was our budget the year we won League 1? Top three I imagine, perhaps Blades & PNE were similar.

28 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Interesting, I just can't see FGR expanding, more rugby country here and generally not alot of interest in regards to FGR. Also not sure how Vince can continue to bankroll if its true that they have 10M losses and with Eco Park still in the air, its uncertain they'll move yet...

Being in the FL will general a little more interest, just cant see them surviving on bankrolling alone. Vince isn't Lansdown, think he's worth £100M (?)

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Always think posts like this, a prediction stated as fact, are a very dangerous game with the potential to make you look rather silly.

Made me look silly? Happy FGR won just thought they would lose when it matters as history did show. 

29 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yep, 3200 according to Wiki.

Nice stadium as well

IMG_3847.JPG

The Rhein Necker Arena @ 30k capacity. Previously, about 2 yrs before getting to the Bundesliga around 2008, they were playing in a 5k capacity stadium; exactly what FGR will move to with their new development. It is indeed evolution but at breakneck speed and I think its a brilliant story. I hope FGR grab more headlines, and bigger ones, a year from now.

Archived