IGNORED

Which one player would be the biggest loss to City ?

Major Isewater

No one player is more important  than the club but which player would be the biggest loss to City if he were to leave this summer ? 

I vote for Flint. He is a big man and a big personality on and off the field .

He could be replaced by a more talented centre back but he would be a huge loss to the club .

He also provides an important link with our success in the third division .

In short , don't go Flinty .

:sad26:

Frankie?

I know he is not the greatest goalie to have ever played the game.  However, given the current difficulties we seem to be having with finding anything better I think that losing even the wonderfully unpredictable FF would leave a massive hole in the team.

Korey Smith, all day.

Our upturn coincided with him being back - whether at RB or CM he performed. That in itself says to me we missed him, and would do so greatly if he left. Flint was there every game, rightly or wrongly, and we still went on a record losing streak. Debate how much he contributed to that (and not saying he was the sole reason) but he was a constant - if he wasn't there though we couldn't have done worse!

Tin hat on for second choice, but Matty Taylor. The way we set up in the last part of the season his intelligence and work rate in knitting it together were vital - see how much worse we were with the infinitely more gifted LT in the side

11 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Frankie?

I know he is not the greatest goalie to have ever played the game.  However, given the current difficulties we seem to be having with finding anything better I think that losing even the wonderfully unpredictable FF would leave a massive hole in the team.

I was thinking Paterson along a similar line of thinking, if we were to lose Flint this summer we'd still have Magnusson or Moore as alternatives, current alternatives on the wings are O'Dowda and Brownhill and then lacking repalcements. 

38 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Frankie?

All about opinions but inspires me with no confidence at all il go as far as to say every cross that comes in i shit myself

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Flint for me, with Pack a close second. Said it before, but unless he shows improvement I'd sell Korey. Yes he can tackle, but gets caught on the ball far too often for this level of football.

Flint was caught out for the Brum goal so all players make errors.....

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

No one player is more important  than the club but which player would be the biggest loss to City if he were to leave this summer ? 

I vote for Flint. He is a big man and a big personality on and off the field .

He could be replaced by a more talented centre back but he would be a huge loss to the club .

He also provides an important link with our success in the third division .

In short , don't go Flinty .

:sad26:

Think you have nailed this one Major. Has to be Flinty. No one at the club has a bigger heart for BCFC  IMO.

For me, and I'll probably get a bit of stick for it, don't think we'd miss anyone too much. Think that's the problem with us at the moment. A lot of good players but no great players(LT could be that). We don't have a standout anywhere where you could argue they're top 5 in their position in the league. 

So since that dodges the question a bit, I'd go with Marlon Pack. Obviously, Tammy like Kodjia will be missed but current contracted players it's Pack for me. He's strong and good in possession. He's a good passer and will be cynical at times and take a foul for the team. He's different to most our midfielders and he'd be my first name on the team sheet. 

Archived