IGNORED

Are we attractive with LJ in charge?

tinman85

29 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

I agree with most of this but I wish people would show me where Lee Johnson has shown potential and who gave him the title young and TALENTED he just knows the right people.If anything dopey Darrell has shown us what a young and talented manager is

For me, he's shown potential in bringing Tammy Abraham in, and for a good start to the season.

Sure, he's not exactly world-class, and I think a lot of people believe he has potential because Lansdown has said he has potential, but I think he's shown enough to keep his job for now. As I mentioned here (or elsewhere, I forget) he's had his transfer windows and now he can consider this "his" squad. If he's willing to commit himself to a mid-table finish this season then I think he deserves the sack if we're short of that expectation.

If we suffer, then ultimately it's an indication that the board has failed as much as the manager. They have built a system that isn't sustainable in the Championship. Over the space of a decade, our academy will have produced one player capable of playing for us in the Championship, which should he considered a failure. While we've sold others at a decent rate, we've also not adequately replaced in many positions, so again a failure. Finally, our older signings have been solid, but we need more experience to guide the youth, and if we don't get in experience with enough to offer at Championship level, we've failed the final pillar relating to on-pitch activity.

3 hours ago, Mtimmy11 said:

I agree with most of this but I wish people would show me where Lee Johnson has shown potential and who gave him the title young and TALENTED he just knows the right people.If anything dopey Darrell has shown us what a young and talented manager is

so why is he still at rovers?

4 hours ago, Mtimmy11 said:

Well he turned it around towards the end when I know many of us thought we were ******. He also is still young and although us and fans at former clubs dont rate him, there seems to be a lot of respect for him on other fan forums and pundits for what its worth....

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Well he turned it around towards the end when I know many of us thought we were ******. He also is still young and although us and fans at former clubs dont rate him, there seems to be a lot of respect for him on other fan forums and pundits for what its worth....

We escaped the drop by 3 points and I have not met a rival fan who rates him in fact chatting to a Cardiff,Birmingham and Preston fans on holiday they all thought with Landsdowns money he nothing but a joke

T^he problem may be our policy of recruiting players 'with potential' last summer. It worked for Tammy but for the players who signed permanent not so good, eg Taylor Moore hardly had any games now out of the England team, Engvall hardly had a game while others that did get in the team (O'Dowda, Paterson, Brownhill) probably didn't get as many appearances as they were expecting. We'll still be able to get loans if we guarantee a certain number of games but others may be put off by looking at what happened last season. We're in a different situation this summer since we now have a large squad which we didn't have before. I'd expect the youngsters we signed last summer to be given their chance this year which means any 'with potential' we sign now will be lower down the pecking order. There's no need to panic as we only need 2 or 3, we signed quite a few in January who are still feeling their way.

On 2017-6-16 at 19:28, tinman85 said:

According to a tweet from Alan Nixon we are struggling with our summer transfer targets..I can't help but think it is because of the poor season we had and LJ's record and status. 

The sort of players we should be seeking to recruit whether permanntly or on loan will have plenty of options. When you consider where we finished last season I personally think we are down the pecking order whilst we have an inexperienced manager who has delivered nothing in the game, and aren't throwing money around to compete with all those on parachute payments..

Whether Nixon knows jackshit about BCFC targets though I have no idea, but he might well be itk for the northerners we may be after.

22 hours ago, Mtimmy11 said:

So of LJ and Dopey; which of the two have take their clubs in to the conference?

I think you will find both john ward and higgs were to blame for that.which one signed 19 players and still took there club on there longest losing run and then celebrated on the last game of the season like he won the title.which one shows emotion and which one runs down the tunnel when they lose.I bet you still believe we will be in Europe in 30 months .the guys taking the piss

12 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Beautifully put. Everything summed up nicely, but scares the crap out of me thinking about the next season.....LJ in charge...run, run away!

Will running away require more pacey players?

I don't was a Gus Cesar offside trap again when clearly he hadn't been briefed.

35 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

I think you will find both john ward and higgs were to blame for that.which one signed 19 players and still took there club on there longest losing run and then celebrated on the last game of the season like he won the title.which one shows emotion and which one runs down the tunnel when they lose.I bet you still believe we will be in Europe in 30 months .the guys taking the piss

No he didnt.

Did you never get told not to tell lies?

All the knocking LJ for going on this longest losing run stuff... I seem to remember Danny Wilson (generally a popular city manager with the fans) going on an amazing WINNING run.. but the guy brought us NO promotion . and that from the 3rd tier. So, cant really see the point of anyone needing to keep bringing up this now pointless fact.

15 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

All the knocking LJ for going on this longest losing run stuff... I seem to remember Danny Wilson (generally a popular city manager with the fans) going on an amazing WINNING run.. but the guy brought us NO promotion . and that from the 3rd tier. So, cant really see the point of anyone needing to keep bringing up this now pointless fact.

In theory you could have a 20 game losing run and still go up in the playoffs, maybe even sneak into the automatics. 

Equally we could go the entire season unbeaten and get relegated with 46 points.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

In theory you could have a 20 game losing run and still go up in the playoffs, maybe even sneak into the automatics. 

Equally we could go the entire season unbeaten and get relegated with 46 points.Innit. i'm with you. i had major doubts at times about LJ.. but really, really cannot see the point in going over what has happened

6 hours ago, Mtimmy11 said:

So he was not dancing on the stage at the end.

He bounced for a couple of seconds when the hundreds of city fans there were singing "Johnson says bounce around the ground"

Literally just having a bit of fun with the crowd, following a fan led chant and nothing like "celebrating like he won the title"

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

He bounced for a couple of seconds when the hundreds of city fans there were singing "Johnson says bounce around the ground"

Literally just having a bit of fun with the crowd, following a fan led chant and nothing like "celebrating like he won the title"

Are you sure they were saying bounce around the ground or #### ### out the ground

17 hours ago, Mtimmy11 said:

John Ward had left, Clark took them to the conference thats a fact

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Well, I was there with the hundreds of assembled City fans and I doubt more than 6-10 at most of the more drunken ones started or joined in that chant.

Most fans were completely disinterested and there were some boos.

'Hundreds singing for LJ to bounce' - no chance, and his response to the inebriated few was desperately embarrassing.

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Well, I was there with the hundreds of assembled City fans and I doubt more than 6-10 at most of the more drunken ones started or joined in that chant.

Most fans were completely disinterested and there were some boos.

'Hundreds singing for LJ to bounce' - no chance, and his response to the inebriated few was desperately embarrassing.

I was there also, the vast majority were singing it, though many appeared to be less than fully behind it and more joining in for the sake of it. 

Any claim to the contrary is revisionism, pure and simple.

If anything you have swapped the case, there were a few boos, but only from a handful of people, whilst most were singing.

Just now, Monkeh said:

I think the last 2 days puts this thread to bed, we are attractive with johnson in charge

Think you are being a bit optimistic there Monkey!

Give it time - just give it time.

38 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I think the last 2 days puts this thread to bed, we are attractive with johnson in charge

The caveat, not that I necessarily believe it, is that we've only signed foreign players who are unaware of LJ being an undesirable coach to work for..

After last season, this idea will stick around until we sign a few more genuinely established domestic players.

Archived