IGNORED

Are we attractive with LJ in charge?

tinman85

7 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Anyway, who the **** is Alan Nixon? 

Exactly.

Every scribe who think they know the inside leg mesures of every manager and championship club in the land need to do there research. Its easy to swipe at us who had a relatively poor season and shower others with positive news that either went up or a "big club in a small pond". The predictible nature of journos is grating. 

25 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I agree 100% mate. It would be nice to have got a couple through the door but I`m certainly not panicking yet. unfortunately there are some that see any player going to another club as `City missing out yet again` or `City slow out of the blocks as usual` without any evidence to support the idea that we were ever or ever would be interested in that player. I`ve just posted that Joe Garner`s gone to Ipswich and I suspect one or more replies will be along those lines despite the fact that he`s been consistently crap at championship level.

There are others of course that just need their regular fix of `LJ is crap` and post something provocative just to get that response from others.

Stockhausen tweeted ages ago that we'd be unlikely to see anyone announced until LJ got back from holiday, 2 days from now.

Just now, hodge said:

Stockhausen tweeted ages ago that we'd be unlikely to see anyone announced until LJ got back from holiday, 2 days from now.

I know, I was just making a general point that we have absolutely no need to panic. We get this every season with the `everyone else is signing players, why aren`t we?` despite it being complete nonsense. Half the time it`s just an excuse to have a dig at the club so sometimes I just wish we`d sign someone, anyone just to shut the prophets of doom up!

36 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The disliking LJ as a player thing is flawed anyway, if they didn't think he should be playing then they should be angry with his father - not LJ! It's a really bizarre thing for people to mention their dislike for him (as a player) when they are criticising LJ (as a manager). When I read someone mention it as part of a criticism I just discredit the entire point as void, clearly the reasoning of the poster isn't very strong.

And even then, I don't get the dislike for him as a player. 1. He tried his best (more than can be said of others over the years) 2. He loved (and loves) the club. 3. I still think that had he not got injured, we would have gone up automatically to the PL in 2008. So yes, he's not the greatest player we've ever had, but, as I say, I don't get the dislike. 

1 minute ago, eardun said:

And even then, I don't get the dislike for him as a player. 1. He tried his best (more than can be said of others over the years) 2. He loved (and loves) the club. 3. I still think that had he not got injured, we would have gone up automatically to the PL in 2008. So yes, he's not the greatest player we've ever had, but, as I say, I don't get the dislike. 

Our form dropped when he was out  injured  for about the last 10 games of that season. He wasn't a world class player but was part of a well oiled cog that new what their position in the team should be. In the playoff defeat he covered Orr at right back.  

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

http://www.managerstats.co.uk/managers/lee-johnson/

His record with us is a pretty decent one for the Championship, all things told. His points per game over 46 game would work out at 64.5 points. No half points, so 65. Good enough for 10th place in the season just gone.

Here is the list of stats for the managers in the Championship http://www.managerstats.co.uk/championship/ 

Johnson comes out fairly well

There are lies, damn lies and statistics!

Edit addition. Dress it up any way you want. We avoided relegation by three points. IF, we had lost to Brighton,we would be in League One next season. It was that close.

23 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Nixon knows absolutely shite all about what's going on at the club, he's proved that on multiple occasions. 

Baffles me how people pay any attention to what he says. 

Some posters like to use any "source" to slag off LJ...........:sleeping:

Sooooooo tedious..........:facepalm:

10 hours ago, eardun said:

Sorry but him coming on in the play off final lost us the game. Gary decided to get Lee on and switch Marv to right back which lost our control and drive from midfield. 

16 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Sorry but him coming on in the play off final lost us the game. Gary decided to get Lee on and switch Marv to right back which lost our control and drive from midfield. 

Him coming on or Marv being sent to right back? LJ and ME were the mainstay in our midfield that season which almost got us promoted. They complimented each other quite well and for that reason I can see why people say LJ getting injured possibly affected our ability to get promoted automatically.

either way,those were Gary's decisions, not LJ, so I'm not sure how that can be used in this argument.

Back to the original question, are we attractive? To lower league players I would imagine so. To players overseas and those in this nation who are well known of some kind, I would imagine not. You'd only have to look at our league position and style of play last season. Potential players can also ask players who have worked with LJ before and give honest feedback to them.

So sadly no, I think with LJ we try to make ourselves out as "Oeufs et frites" which sounds dead fancy, but it's still just egg and chips.

26 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

How is that Lee's fault? Idiot,

also marv moving the right back you do know Orr broke his cheek and marv in the previous session played at right back and appeared in an fa cup final as a right back with millwall

i don't think many people will take your posts serious after that

51 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Get over it for ****'s sake.

I think losing McCombe the night before was more the reason..

As for "Gary decided to get Lee on" you presumably think Bradley Orr fractured his cheekbone on purpose then, do you?

14 hours ago, tinman85 said:

According to a tweet from Alan Nixon we are struggling with our summer transfer targets..I can't help but think it is because of the poor season we had and LJ's record and status. 

So we have a 2 page thread on one man's opinion. What is he basing :struggle: on?

We are a few day's into the transfer window, is he attending every meeting, listening to every phone call?

I would suggest that the kind of player we are looking at have all sorts of options to look at. They would probably have to do the a lot of searching on all those before making a decision. If there is a lack of enthusiasm amongst some of our foreign targets, it's probably because they have no idea about the club, let alone the management.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Get over it for ****'s sake.

I think losing McCombe the night before was more the reason..

As for "Gary decided to get Lee on" you presumably think Bradley Orr fractured his cheekbone on purpose then, do you?

Best solution at the time was Carey to right back and bringing on Vasko. 

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

How is that Lee's fault? Idiot,

also marv moving the right back you do know Orr broke his cheek and marv in the previous session played at right back and appeared in an fa cup final as a right back with millwall

i don't think many people will take your posts serious after that

No need to get personal. It's only a forum. 

Archived