IGNORED

European disappointment

22A

This week has seen the first round of the European club competitions. On the whole the Scottish, Welsh and NI teams taking part didn't do too well.

Champions league; TNS (Wales) took the lead but lost 2-1 at home to the Gibraltar league champions. Linfield (NI) beat the San Marino champions 1-0.

Europa league; (Scottish - 1 home win, 1 home defeat) Rangers 1- 0 Niederhorn and St Johnstone 1 - 2 Trakhi.

(Welsh - 1 win out of three); Lyngby 1 - 0 Bangor,     Bala 1 - 2 Vaduz and   Connah's Quay 1 - 0 Helsinki.

(NI - 1 win out of three) Hangesund 7 - 0 Coleraine,    Odd 3 - 0 Ballymena and    Crusaders 3 - 0 Liepajai.

(Ireland - 2 away wins!) Levadia  0 - 2 Cork and Stjarnan 0 - 1 Shamrock.

OK, 2nd leg this week. Champions league TNS won 3-1 away, so a 4-3 aggregate win. Linfield drew 0-0, so play Celtic next week.

Europa league, Rangers lost 2-0 on the night, 2-1 on aggregate. The others to be played Wednesday or Thursday.

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Rangers losing 2-0 to a group of part-timers who finished 4th in Luxembourg... 

Feels nice to be able to say with confidence we're a better team than Rangers. 

We should get loftier ambitions!

On 30/06/2017 at 08:35, 22A said:

This week has seen the first round of the European club competitions. On the whole the Scottish, Welsh and NI teams taking part didn't do too well.

Champions league; TNS (Wales) took the lead but lost 2-1 at home to the Gibraltar league champions. Linfield (NI) beat the San Marino champions 1-0.

Europa league; (Scottish - 1 home win, 1 home defeat) Rangers 1- 0 Niederhorn and St Johnstone 1 - 2 Trakhi.

(Welsh - 1 win out of three); Lyngby 1 - 0 Bangor,     Bala 1 - 2 Vaduz and   Connah's Quay 1 - 0 Helsinki.

(NI - 1 win out of three) Hangesund 7 - 0 Coleraine,    Odd 3 - 0 Ballymena and    Crusaders 3 - 0 Liepajai.

(Ireland - 2 away wins!) Levadia  0 - 2 Cork and Stjarnan 0 - 1 Shamrock.

A lot of effort in composing this thread but personally I don't give two hoots for how non English clubs got on in Europe.

I do like to laugh at Scottish football tho...........:rofl2br:

16 hours ago, 22A said:

OK, 2nd leg this week. Champions league TNS won 3-1 away, so a 4-3 aggregate win. Linfield drew 0-0, so play Celtic next week.

Europa league, Rangers lost 2-0 on the night, 2-1 on aggregate. The others to be played Wednesday or Thursday.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Hail hail.

12 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Because you nevee bothered to educate yourself on football?

TNS- The New Saints, play in the Welsh Premier and have dominated it for years.

They are based in Owestry, England.

So an English team playing in the Welsh Premier........:facepalm:

Tbh I didn't even know that there is a Welsh Premier.

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So an English team playing in the Welsh Premier........:facepalm:

Tbh I didn't even know that there is a Welsh Premier.

They were a Welsh club- based in Wales until 2007. They moved s a part of 2 mergers, one being TNS- Total Network Solutions, the other being Owestry Town.

I frankly don't give a toss about the Welsh League, but by simply not being totally self absorbed you learn a few things.

"So an English team playing in the Welsh Premier" 

They have more right to be in it than any of the Welsh clubs in the English leagues, including one in our Premier.

7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

They were a Welsh club- based in Wales until 2007. They moved s a part of 2 mergers, one being TNS- Total Network Solutions, the other being Owestry Town.

I frankly don't give a toss about the Welsh League, but by simply not being totally self absorbed you learn a few things.

"So an English team playing in the Welsh Premier" 

They have more right to be in it than any of the Welsh clubs in the English leagues, including one in our Premier.

Any football outside of the major European competitions, the Premier League, the SBC and the EFL is Mickey Mouse football imv.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Any football outside of the major European competitions, the Premier League, the SBC and the EFL is Mickey Mouse football imv.

Then you choose ignorance.

Some of the best bits of play I have seen have been in non-league games. Same for most entertaining matches.

12 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Then you choose ignorance.

Some of the best bits of play I have seen have been in non-league games. Same for most entertaining matches.

You can It ignorance if you like. I call it zero interest in Mickey Mouse leagues.

2nd leg of the Europa league tonight; Republic of Ireland:- Cork and Shamrock into Round Two, but a major disaster for the British clubs.

Scotland:- Rangers and St Johnstone both out

Wales:- Bangor,  Bala and Connah's Quay all out.

Northern Ireland:- Coleraine,  Ballymena and Crusaders all out

Since 2012 League of Ireland sides have won 12 out of 58 Europa League qualifying ties. 

In the same time Scottish sides have won 9 from 56 Europa League qualifying ties.

Maybe a little simplistic, and no doubt the fact the LOI is a summer league will help with July/August qualifiers, but that would suggest that underneath Celtic the rest of the SPL is a very similar level to the League of Ireland.

On 7/5/2017 at 12:52, BCFCGav said:

Rangers losing 2-0 to a group of part-timers who finished 4th in Luxembourg... 

Feels nice to be able to say with confidence we're a better team than Rangers. 

The last time we played them we lost, so I wouldn't be so sure.

To be fair, that was a pre-season friendly, but the point stands.

40 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

The last time we played them we lost, so I wouldn't be so sure.

To be fair, that was a pre-season friendly, but the point stands.

By that logic Weston Super Mare are a better team than us :P

Archived