IGNORED

Jordan Wynter

Negan

Remember him? 

Was a pretty exciting signing when he came here, looked good in pre season and Gillingham away. Well he's left Bromley for Woking... still only 23 but my god his career has just dropped! 

Looked like he could have been one for the future when he was with us. Surprising to see an Arsneal academy product of 11 years not even hold his own in any of the professional leagues. Hope he can kick on with his career as he did show glimpses of a good player. 

A good 20 mins against Bradford on his debut and that's probably it. Looked like he was about to collapse before the end of the game. 

Away at MK Dons a few weeks later you could tell how far out of his depth he was. Surprised how quickly he's fallen though.  

Jennison Myrie Williams, Matt Hewlett, Arron Brown, Dwayne Plummer, Marlon Jackson etc. There are numerous ex City youth players who, at the time, looked good but just faded away. Unfortunately  that's how it goes with young players. Some push into greater things and some don't 

3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Jennison Myrie Williams, Matt Hewlett, Arron Brown, Dwayne Plummer, Marlon Jackson etc. There are numerous ex City youth players who, at the time, looked good but just faded away. Unfortunately  that's how it goes with young players. Some push into greater things and some don't 

Tristan too.

57 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Matt Hewlett had a decent career If i recall, I think he was Swindon captain at one point.

Aaron Brown played league football for most of his career too.

1 hour ago, bcfcchris2016 said:

Still remember when City played Reading in a pre-season game in 2013 and I thought Wynter ran the show that day. Lots of timed tackles and sublime passing. Really felt we had a gem.

Me also. He was superb. He seemed to have so much time on the ball. I thought we had a gem on our hands. What ever went wrong, such a waste. 

9 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Bobby Reid?

A bit like JET Imo, the desire or hunger isnt there to perform each and every game. More interested in other stuff such as music producing and club events. Purely going off his insta account.

Seemed very comfortable and could tell he had been taught by Arsenal (might explain the reason who choked at the chance to become a decent player) as he had so much time on the ball and was always looking to receive it, anyways hopefully he makes it back up the leagues and fulfills half the potential he could've had 

On 30/06/2017 at 23:07, screech said:

Matt Hewlett had a decent career If i recall, I think he was Swindon captain at one point.

JMW also had / has made a reasonable career in Scottish football and the lower leagues in England . 

On 30/06/2017 at 21:04, pongo88 said:

Most of these players were in possession of all the raw ingredients to be at least reasonably successful..

And with most of them the main reasons why it didn't happen??......attitude/application.

On 30/06/2017 at 22:07, screech said:

Captain of Swindon a decent career???

I beg to differ :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, screech said:

Haha, I see what you mean but I would have given my right nut to have been good enough to play any pro league football

Fair point! Likewise, I'm still struggling on now, couple more seasons left in me yet though.

Archived