IGNORED

The cheek of Flint...

EmersonsRed

"He's a good lad, Aden - he's definitely had his head turned, there's no question of a doubt about that,"

A quote from LJ. Surely a ******* joke? I'm no fan of his as I've made very clear over the past 4 years, but having your head turned by Birmingham? They've 12 months until they are in turmoil again after Harry sacks it realising he can't get promoted by spending money easily...

Bye Flint, cheers for your goals in league one... I'll drop you there if needed.

I don't think he meant specifically by Brum. It's clear the agent has been laying it on thick about how much he can earn elsewhere. 

One thing that's very evident from following Flint on social media is that money is everything. Hilarious that people think he has some 'love' for BCFC. 

If he's being offered substantially more money for doing his job in a short career I'm not sure why anyone would have a problem (assuming he doesn't criticise City when he leaves). Birmingham are a bigger club, and if they struggle but he does well he'll get plenty of exposure from the Redknapp love in to progress further. 

12 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I don't think he meant specifically by Brum. It's clear the agent has been laying it on thick about how much he can earn elsewhere. 

One thing that's very evident from following Flint on social media is that money is everything. Hilarious that people think he has some 'love' for BCFC. 

The type of people I've had many arguments with. He moved here from ******* Swindon for god sakes, of course he's in it for the money!!!

2 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

The type of people I've had many arguments with. He moved here from ******* Swindon for god sakes, of course he's in it for the money!!!

So whats the problem? Its a short career and hes trying to make as much money as possible for the good of his family.

2 minutes ago, Benni said:

It is amazing how Lee Johnson has managed to get supporters against Aden Flint. LJ's quote today is simply pathetic and an attack on a player who has always given 100% for the club. 

I think LJ was spot on . Birminghams offer was shit . Not attack on the player. Surely common sense 

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

I think LJ was spot on . Birminghams offer was shit . Not attack on the player. Surely common sense 

It is an attack on the player and a typical LJ to make people look bad to direct attention from himself. He's pathetic.

25 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

"He's a good lad, Aden - he's definitely had his head turned, there's no question of a doubt about that,"

A quote from LJ. Surely a ******* joke? I'm no fan of his as I've made very clear over the past 4 years, but having your head turned by Birmingham? They've 12 months until they are in turmoil again after Harry sacks it realising he can't get promoted by spending money easily...

Bye Flint, cheers for your goals in league one... I'll drop you there if needed.

With all due respect, I can't help but feel you've overreacted here. Firstly, as many others have said, it's not just Birmingham who are rumoured to be interested in him and who knows what his agents are plugging. Secondly, Birmingham are a team that've been in the Prem, who have a high-profile boss and high-profile players, and could arguably have a decent season - you never know. I don't think the fact that he's having his head turned due to a substantial chance of earning more money is "cheeky" at all. That's football.

Don't think there's any cheek involved.

If Flint goes we'll make a massive profit.

He's shown total commitment the whole time he's been here and I very much doubt any transfer speculation will affect that in the mean time.

If someone wants to shell out £6m and double his wages, good luck to him.  I'll clap him briefly when he returns.

Just now, Benni said:

It is an attack on the player and a typical LJ to make people look bad to direct attention from himself. He's pathetic.

How? Flint's been here for 4 years now. That's a big chunk of a short career that can be ended in one challenge. You can't blame him for wanting to move, but how were LJ's comments an 'attack'? Everything seems to point to this being agent led and Flint rather fancying a move. It's all pretty understandable. 

5 minutes ago, Benni said:

It is amazing how Lee Johnson has managed to get supporters against Aden Flint. LJ's quote today is simply pathetic and an attack on a player who has always given 100% for the club. 

Indeed. Calling him a "good lad" is outrageous and outright vicious.

Are you wholly sure you aren't just trying to find a reason to make it LJ's fault.

I like Flint and don't begrudge him a move if he really wants one but, if he is not committwd to the cause, he has to take responsibility for that.

I'm sorry, rant incoming....but it really gets me going when people talk with sympathy about present day footballers only having a short career. Their playing days might finish mid thirties but that doesn't mean they can never work again does it? Retrain, learn new skills, try something similar or totally different. Many 'normal' people go through their working lives doing different types of work, why shouldn't they???

Ok let's assume at 35 they never work again, surely with the money they have earnt they should have more than enough saved to live comfortably. Who spends five or ten grand a week ffs, and if they fritter it all away they deserve to struggle. But feel sorry for footballers in this day and age with all the poverty in our city never mind the world, no chance.

Rant over. Thank you.

Just now, Benni said:

Ok mate I will have to disagree with you there . Regardless people's thoughts towards the manager . You have to agree the bid is pathetic . LJ is spot on . The club is the most important thing 

15 minutes ago, windmillhillred said:

If he's being offered substantially more money for doing his job in a short career I'm not sure why anyone would have a problem (assuming he doesn't criticise City when he leaves). Birmingham are a bigger club, and if they struggle but he does well he'll get plenty of exposure from the Redknapp love in to progress further. 

I don't think anyone would begrudge him wanting to earn more while he can. But the club need to get as much as they can for him  

and they don't need to sell him if they don't want to as he's got three more years on his deal! Are Brum a bigger club? They look a bit of a shambles to me.

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

And we believe everything that LJ/the club says do we?

The naivety of people on this forum astonishes me at times.

We're about to lose probably our most important player at the club. Of course the club have to put some kind of spin on it.

So was 4 million a fair offer for Flint and Bryan. Also haven't you been the one who has said all the players are unhappy. Also you're not renewing your season ticket. Have you renewed 

13 minutes ago, Benni said:

stop talking shit, he's said nothing that any other manager wouldn't say

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

And we believe everything that LJ/the club says do we?

The naivety of people on this forum astonishes me at times.

We're about to lose probably our most important player at the club. Of course the club have to put some kind of spin on it.

And if he didn't/hasn't wanted to leave he wouldn't be.

Archived