IGNORED

Cauley Woodrow (Merged)

cummins17

57 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Amazing forum this is. Unless you start masterbating over a signing you aren't a true fan 

Incredible isn't it.

Anyway, this isn't as bad as a signing people are making out, and probably not as good on paper as some are making out. However still young so still a chance for him to develop into quite a player ( see Bobby, took to 24 to come of age ( still early days I know) 

What I will say is we must have one of the slowest starting 11s in the league and by the sounds of CW isn't going to improve that.

Interesting signing.  Young, some championship experience, seems well regarded by fans of teams he's played for on loan but not by Fulham fans.

Don't know anything about him as a player so I look forward to seeing him play, presumably off the bench on Saturday.

Unless anyone knows any better, we just need another midfielder or winger with a stupid first name and for the first time ever we'll be able to field an entire matchday squad of players whose names have never existed at the club before.

Max

Eros
Taylor
Bailey
Hörður

Korey
Jens
______
Niclas

Cauley
Famara

Subs: Jojo, Lloyd, Aden, Diego, Tin, Milan, Gustav

1 hour ago, Terry Boyle's Perm said:

A voice of reason. Woodrow is proven at this level which is something Engvall hasn't been able to achieve yet. Saying that you can envisage a case of Woodrow coming in on  permanent deal at the end of the season and Engvall going back to Sweden.....

Hardly proven or he'd be getting into Fulham's team. 13 goals in 68 appearances so we'll have to wait and see. I would have thought we'd be going for a more experienced player given we've lost Wilbraham.

2 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Vassell is a pacy powerful striker with potential. Luton fans rated him higher than Gray. Check out Fulham comments on this guy. They are celebrating. Not what we need at all. 

Bear in mind that if Fulham sign a player from us, they may come on here and read one of your comments about the player.... :shocking:

Does seem to indicate that we are competing for players with the Burtons rather than Boros of this league. Maybe we need to be realistic about the probable outcome, rather than expect to compete up the top.

Still have doubts that buying in from europe is giving us better value than lower league. Ollie Watkins being a good example of one compared to Engvall, Đurić, Moore etc.

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

There are so many similarities between your posts & views & another poster on here it's uncanny, you're not the son of Hampshire reds are you? The one who questioned @Woodsy with regards to his quizzing of Hampshire reds.......

Scarily similar opinions. I wonder if @Thatch35 is also a relation, uncle perhaps.

All proudly use the default avatar too which is good to see.

50 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

"keeps signing players" obviously equals signing 4 players, all in essential positions given our squad depth and players lost. If he hadn't signed anyone people would have complained about that. 

Face it mate, anyone signed by LJ is by default the worst player in the world to some people no matter who he is.

If CW had gone to, say, Reading on loan the same few would be slagging the club off for `missing out` on him - LJ can`t attract decent players, mismanaged Tomlin, forced Wilbs out and on and on and on.

This lad is a big bloke that can hopefully hold up the ball and be another option until Đurić comes back from injury.  

Experienced at this level for his age.  Not bad goal return. Sensible loan signing and if he does well fits in well be first in the queue to sign him. 

Can't see the problem, but then I'm not the kind of person that looks for one!!

Happy with this. Hungry young player with some championship experience. Was very important for Burton last season.

Regardless of what Fulham fans think, the Burton fans rated him and Nigel Clough, who I think is a very good manager, wanted him back. That's better than any Fulham supporters opinion for me.

Welcome Cauley and good luck.

Cauley originates from Hemel Hempstead and must have some decent intelligence to be able to negotiate the double magic roundabout in the town centre. It's like the one in Swindle but two of them side by side.

I am thus fairly confident that he will be able to thread his way through defences with ease.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Goals ratio last season, only 14 games admittedly, is good at this level. To finish mid table we'll need around 45 goals from the forwards and 20 elsewhere. Can Diedhou, Reid, Woodrow, Taylor and Đurić deliver that? On current form Reid will get that on his own!!!

On current form we're on 2 goals per game. So we can confidently predict we will score 92 over the season. Easy.

3 hours ago, streety_bcfc said:

I remember a certain Aaron Wilbraham, didn't score in what 2 years? Before he joined us. Scored 20 that season? Stats are nothing. Some people just see stats and that's that. 

Please don't use facts when the children are around, you know they don't understand them! 

Archived