IGNORED

The Watford Forum

One BCFC

11 hours ago, RedM said:

Really nice to see both sets of fans mingling before the game in the local area, Got a bit of stick from a couple of 10 year olds as we walked through them to the coach, one of them screamed at me in a mimic Accrington Stanley, saying 'Bristol City, who are they' and I smiled sweetly at him and said 'winners, Bristol City are winner's', ok a bit childish but he didnt know what to say which amused me for a moment

Nice one RedM. You nailed the 10 year old ;)They will remember you

I work with a bunch of your standard Premier League team supporters, and many of them that have recently moved to Bristol still refer to Bristol City as "Bristol". A Liverpool fan I used to work with didn't even know where the ground was, and he had lived in Bristol for a decade!

Like it or not, but to most fans in the country we're still viewed as a small-time club. If we were ever lucky enough to be promoted, people would probably look on us in the same way they look on clubs like Yeovil making the Championship. Rival fans will want to give us a pat on the head, and tell us to enjoy the year, because we'll soon be in our rightful place in football obscurity.

We might see ourselves as a solid Championship team, but we've flirted with relegation since we've been back. We're still a long way from the majority of football fans calling us Bristol City, let alone the Premier League...

4 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

I work with a bunch of your standard Premier League team supporters, and many of them that have recently moved to Bristol still refer to Bristol City as "Bristol". A Liverpool fan I used to work with didn't even know where the ground was, and he had lived in Bristol for a decade!

Like it or not, but to most fans in the country we're still viewed as a small-time club. If we were ever lucky enough to be promoted, people would probably look on us in the same way they look on clubs like Yeovil making the Championship. Rival fans will want to give us a pat on the head, and tell us to enjoy the year, because we'll soon be in our rightful place in football obscurity.

We might see ourselves as a solid Championship team, but we've flirted with relegation since we've been back. We're still a long way from the majority of football fans calling us Bristol City, let alone the Premier League...

yes but we've played Watford loads of times…:city:

41 minutes ago, 22A said:

One of the Watford fans answered a question that's about to be asked on here; 

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/carabao-cup-third-round-draw-to-take-place-at-4-25am-on-thursday-morning/story-30490043-detail/story.html

Carabao Cup third round draw to take place at 4.25am on Thursday morning

I'll set my alarm :bored:

5 hours ago, EnderMB said:

Doesn't really matter though, reflects on their football knowledge if anything. I'm not particularly interested in the Prem (unless we got promoted) but know the basic info about most teams, could name their players and ground. Likewise league 1 or 2.

How many of those fans you work with are regular attendees to the clubs they support? Or are they Sky Sports armchair fans?

20 hours ago, Newquay-Red said:

Extracted from their forum:

'I have literally never heard of any of these people...

Bristol City: Fielding, Vyner, Flint, Magnússon, Kelly, Eliasson, Hegeler, O'Neil, O'Dowda, Hinds, Diedhiou

Subs: Lucic, Golbourne, Wright, K.Smith, Paterson, Reid, Taylor.'

Well mate, you've definitely heard of them now...

What's the difference between "literally never heard of" and "never heard of"? 

Seem a reasonable bunch to be fair. A few dopey comments. They can behave with the whole 'who are they' digs though. We have a bigger and better stadium/infrastructure and an average attendance more a less identical and we are a tier below.. says it all really. We are the bigger club, they are just punching above there weight and Good luck to them.. they are one of the more harmless London clubs I must say.

7 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Watford are one of those clubs like Reading and MK Dons, nondescript clubs that no one else would miss if they disappeared!.

Elton would. :online2long:

Actually, knowing the area well, I give credit to anyone from South Herts who supports Watford with the huge North London clubs on their doorstep. Many don't. 

14 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Doesn't really matter though, reflects on their football knowledge if anything. I'm not particularly interested in the Prem (unless we got promoted) but know the basic info about most teams, could name their players and ground. Likewise league 1 or 2.

How many of those fans you work with are regular attendees to the clubs they support? Or are they Sky Sports armchair fans?

Do you even need to ask?

I've worked for a few fans of Premier League teams that "know" of Bristol City, usually Newcastle fans that were happy to not have to travel so far to see their team in action, and the odd posh Liverpool or Arsenal fan that can afford to travel to see their team and visit a few games in Bristol when needed. There's nothing nicer than working with an Arsenal fan that thinks finishing 5th in the Premier League is the worst possible thing to happen to a football club...

As sad as it sounds, I think the vast majority of football fans haven't been to a game in at least five years. Aside from a handful of people, I'd say most football fans I've met have never been to a game as long as I've known them.

Archived