IGNORED

Pisano out for tuesday game against wolves

Never to the dark side

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Why change the RB? Vyner  did well at Reading

Wright in for Flint  is the only likely change imv.

Harsh on Flint, captaincy aside I don't think he's done anything to lose his place. It's a shame Wright can't play LB isn't it as I would like to see a bit more experience in against Wolves, so would personally go for Korey with Brownhill and Pack min the middle. No reflection on Vyner who I would have on the bench.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That won't happen. LJ sees Wright a CB. Vyner will hopefully retain his place.

Vyner got badly caught out of position several times, luckily a combination of truly woeful finishing from Reading and good defensive cover from COD meant it did not cost us. Although I would hope Vyner has learned from the experience, against a Wolves side likely to pressure us I can see the sense of Wright, or even Smith covering RB instead. Wright covering RB, would also allow Flint to retain his place without a question.

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I thought Vyner struggled a bit against Reading. Sold himself a couple of times and generally looked like a weak link in our defence. I guess we have to give these players games, but I think this one is gonna be even harder for him.

Reading knew that Vyner was inexperienced and so peppered his area and he came out well.

The Reading game was tough test for him and he'll have gained valuable experience from it. He can expect the same at  Molinuex tomorrow night and will be prepared for it - should he start of course.

54 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I thought Vyner struggled a bit against Reading. Sold himself a couple of times and generally looked like a weak link in our defence. I guess we have to give these players games, but I think this one is gonna be even harder for him.

I'm seeing it this way aswell. Maybe as he's not a regular player in the first team this match has come a bit too soon for him, both in the quality of the opposition and the Saturday/Tuesday turnaround.

Vyner struggled against very strong opponents in the first half but was much better in the second half, I think he should retain his place for the Wolves match.

if part of our big plan is to give youth their chance, good, i am happy with that.

Just hope Bryan has recovered, otherwise Vyner and Kelly will have quite a night

I'd like to think we're practising with 5 at the back at times in training as an option, going to somewhere like Wolves 5 at the back with Vyner (although Pisano regularly) Wright, Flint, Baker and Bryan. 3 CM's in Smith, Pack and Brownhill with Famara and Bobby could be a good option away from home. 

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Not convinced Vyner is ready. Wright or Smith at right back for me. Shame Pisano is out. 

Heart says Vyner, head says Smith.

I would not change formation as it has worked in general and we still look quite tight.

With 5 at the back we will offer less attacking threat and will almost be settling for 0-0.

I would give Fammy a chance to recharge and take him out the firing line - Leko and Smith for Vyner and Fammy with Pack coming in to CM would be my only changes.

1 hour ago, Neo said:

I would not change formation as it has worked in general and we still look quite tight.

LJ got heavily criticised last season and blamed for our terrible run of results as a consequence of tinkering with selection, formation and tactics. Now we have people positively advocating it. 

Archived